For all the gripes against Richt's playcalling...

This week will let us know how far CMR has come with this Offense. FSU is giving up 23 ppg. If our Defense can stay off the field, we should have some success on Offense, especially in the 2nd half, if we wear them down. Until we do it with someone with a pulse, none of those stats mean anything.

While that's true, as soon as we beat fsu it will turn out that they didn't have a pulse.

I couldn't disagree more. This is a must win for Miami for more ways than one.

Advertisement
This week will let us know how far CMR has come with this Offense. FSU is giving up 23 ppg. If our Defense can stay off the field, we should have some success on Offense, especially in the 2nd half, if we wear them down. Until we do it with someone with a pulse, none of those stats mean anything.

While that's true, as soon as we beat fsu it will turn out that they didn't have a pulse.

Your opinion means less than those stats

lol we could lose this game and win out and probably be in the championship

I do want to end this streak though, seen enough from f s ***ing u to last me a life time

Rick isn't hiring an OC any time soon. Hope for the best. You might as well quit squawking about it because it's not changing.

Advertisement

lol we could lose this game and win out and probably be in the championship

I do want to end this streak though, seen enough from f s ***ing u to last me a life time

If we win out after a loss to fsu, we are guaranteed to win the coastal and be in contention for a playoff spot. That's why this fsu game is no different than thr Syracuse game. People lose perspective and get all crazy obsessed for little reason. The Georgia tech game next week is 100x more important. So are the rest of the coastal games, notably VT and Pitt.

Rick isn't hiring an OC any time soon. Hope for the best. You might as well quit squawking about it because it's not changing.

IYO, is it ego? Does he not see it?

He wants to call plays and thinks he's doing a good enough job of it for us to win. It's not changing any time soon, so for guys to keep repeating that he should hire an OC to call plays is ponderous.

The most likely scenario if he does eventually give up play calling is to turn it over to Brown and his son.

He wants to call plays and thinks he's doing a good enough job of it for us to win. It's not changing any time soon, so for guys to keep repeating that he should hire an OC to call plays is ponderous.

The most likely scenario if he does eventually give up play calling is to turn it over to Brown and his son.

It may be ponderous but it isn't any less true. Also, that most likely scenario is frightening. We all hope for the best.

It is a good thing our AD is a potato who doesn't see the issue or know how to help.

Advertisement
Richt calls plays based on % of execution in practice. We've seen an increase in play call variety due to better offense execution. He can't win with some, though. He got fancy last week and was called out for "abondoning the run. "

It is beyond my comprehension why Coach Richt has not hired a couple of these posters to help him game plan and call plays as obviously they know more about the team than he does.

Why did UGA's AD strip him of his playcalling duties? Does the AD at UGA know more about coaching than Richt? Is he a perfect playcaller that no one should question?

Except he wasn't stripped of anything. He gave the duties to his ling time friend so he could make a name for himself.

Some of you just say anything on here man. Get your facts straight.

This is my point.

This guy felt he lost control at Georgia because he gave up playcalling duties. Why tf would he hire another playcalling EGO?

Whoever he hires that's better/just as good than him will be a big money guy who can be a HC or OC at NOTHER p5 school.

Then if he has one bad game half the fanbase will be asking for that guy to take over playcalling duties.

Why would Richt put himself in that position when he desperately wants to call plays again?

Advertisement
It is beyond my comprehension why Coach Richt has not hired a couple of these posters to help him game plan and call plays as obviously they know more about the team than he does.

Why did UGA's AD strip him of his playcalling duties? Does the AD at UGA know more about coaching than Richt? Is he a perfect playcaller that no one should question?

Except he wasn't stripped of anything. He gave the duties to his ling time friend so he could make a name for himself.

Some of you just say anything on here man. Get your facts straight.

What facts are wrong? The duties were passed to Bobo in 2007, he couldn't do both (HC and OC). Things changed for the better too.

[Average Per Game Stats]

Richt as the OC

Total Offense: 433
Scoring Offense: 29

Total Offense: 385
Scoring Offense: 32

Total Offense: 380
Scoring Offense: 27

Total Offense: 405
Scoring Offense: 28

Total Offense: 391
Scoring Offense: 30

Total Offense: 312
Scoring Offense: 25

Average with Richt as the OC

Total Offense (avg): 384
Scoring Offense (avg): 28.5

Bobo as the OC

Total Offense: 376
Scoring Offense: 33

Total Offense: 426
Scoring Offense: 31

Total Offense: 362
Scoring Offense: 29

Total Offense: 385

Total Offense: 409

Total Offense: 468
Scoring Offense: 38

Total Offense: 484
Scoring Offense: 37

Total Offense: 459
Scoring Offense: 41

Average with Bobo as the OC

Total Offense (avg): 421
Scoring Offense (avg): 34.1

Source Here: NCAA Statistics

cfbstats.com - 2014 National

This is my point.

This guy felt he lost control at Georgia because he gave up playcalling duties.

He couldn't do both and when he put someone in (to be the OC) they did better on offense.

Why tf would he hire another playcalling EGO?

Did you read the post properly? Who is suggesting he hires someone with an "ego"?

Whoever he hires that's better/just as good than him will be a big money guy who can be a HC or OC at NOTHER p5 school.

No. This is a horrible assumption.

Then if he has one bad game half the fanbase will be asking for that guy to take over playcalling duties.

Irrelevant.

Why would Richt put himself in that position when he desperately wants to call plays again?

It doesn't matter what he desperately wants to do, it matters what is best for the program. I am hoping he can do both because that is currently the situation and he may refuse to change his ways.

Last edited:

What I meant was that everybody who's not a Cane will say that they weren't that good anyway.

Advertisement

What I meant was that everybody who's not a Cane will say that they weren't that good anyway.

True but if we lose they'll say Miami is not back again.

Plus he’d have to can somebody which most likely be his son to hire somebody and we all know THAT ain’t happening so the best we can hope for is he does a little better job and all will be well

Plus he’d have to can somebody which most likely be his son to hire somebody and we all know THAT ain’t happening so the best we can hope for is he does a little better job and all will be well

1. His son wouldn't be employed by any P5 school in the nation as a coach.

2. He could make his son some BS assistant. Demotion, big deal.

3. Nobody is hoping we do poorly. We're discussing.

True but if we lose they'll say Miami is not back again.

Yup, lose-lose.

Luckily, WE know better. WE won't be making stupid threads about how fsu sucks anyway and we shouldn't read too much into the win. Because WE know that rivals always give you their best game, and no matter what they say, fsu very badly wants to beat us every year.

Advertisement
Back