For all the gripes against Richt's playcalling...

We are 11th in total offense per game and 2nd in yards per play. I know we've only played one team with a pulse, but if you couple that with a defense in the top 10-15 that's going to win you a lot of games.

cfbstats.com - 2017 National Team Leaders

The first half of your second sentence is the only relevant one. For the love of Gold you're giving me flashbacks to the morons on Grassy who use to cite Coker's overall record toward the end of his tenure as a defense for why he shouldn't be fired. Facts without context mean nothing, and the simple fact is you're quoting a stat that is meaningless this early in the season given who we've played.

Fact is his play calling ****ed away the month of October last year. All 4 of those games were winnable, all four displayed ridiculously conservative and vanilla game planning, and all four yielded losses.

He needs to stop ignoring the middle of the field for large portions of IMPORTANT games. Sorry..but the jury is still very much out on Richt the play caller.

'32 wins in a row!!!"

Remember that mantra?

But yeah, in that October malaise, after the Gatech win( which got Miami to 4-0), Miami failed to score more than 21 points the rest of the month. And now that I think about it, against the Yellow Jackets they scored 35 points but 14 came on defense.

And that was a unit with Coley, Njoku, Richards, Walton, etc and a good college QB

IMO, if they go with what they did against Pitt(spread, shotgun and throwing it around the yard) I think thats another 2 victories last year

Advertisement
This week will let us know how far CMR has come with this Offense. FSU is giving up 23 ppg. If our Defense can stay off the field, we should have some success on Offense, especially in the 2nd half, if we wear them down. Until we do it with someone with a pulse, none of those stats mean anything.

Duke has more of a pulse than FSU. We beat them convincingly while FSU almost lost to Wake Forest.

Bull****. If you watch FSU you'll know those other games mean absolutely nothing against Miami. FSU is far more talented than Duke in nearly every position. Also, FSU has played a tougher schedule than Duke and their Offense can't stay on the field.

Spot on.

FSU's D is no joke and if Richt busts out his run on first down, run on second down, and then 4 verticals on third down....we're gonna lose a game we have no business losing.

His play calling in big games, which are the only games that matter, is disjointed at best. Games like this saturday are games you must WIN, not sit back and hope not to lose. This offense has the weapons to exploit the middle of the field...let's see if Richt has learned his lesson from last year.

It is beyond my comprehension why Coach Richt has not hired a couple of these posters to help him game plan and call plays as obviously they know more about the team than he does.

It is beyond my comprehension why Coach Richt has not hired a couple of these posters to help him game plan and call plays as obviously they know more about the team than he does.

Same was said about Coker, Shannon, Golden, D'Onofrio.......you get the picture. No coach is beyond reproach. Except for Richt for you obviously, since you followed your hero here from UGA.

Advertisement
This week will let us know how far CMR has come with this Offense. FSU is giving up 23 ppg. If our Defense can stay off the field, we should have some success on Offense, especially in the 2nd half, if we wear them down. Until we do it with someone with a pulse, none of those stats mean anything.

While that's true, as soon as we beat fsu it will turn out that they didn't have a pulse.

I'm tired of hearing the gripes on his offense

his QB last year was unemployed until the panthers I believe picked him up

on top of that, the o line in front of that qb were HORRIBLE

there might be questions but I'd like to see what he does with a real offense first

Was Rosier on a different team last year?

Another fact is that his play calling ****ed away the month of October last year. All 4 of those games were winnable, all four displayed ridiculously conservative and vanilla game planning, and all four yielded losses.

He needs to stop ignoring the middle of the field for large portions of IMPORTANT games. Sorry..but the jury is still very much out on Richt the play caller. I think he's a good head coach and a good face for the program...but color me skeptical until proven otherwise on his ability to call a game while also being responsible for the overall team on gameday. I've said it a million times on these boards...him hiring a good dedicated OC would help make him a better head coach by freeing him up from the minutia of play calling.

I am with you.

The only stat I care about is the fact that we've won our last 8 games by an average of 20-something points

Just keep doing that...

Advertisement

Why did UGA's AD strip him of his playcalling duties? Does the AD at UGA know more about coaching than Richt? Is he a perfect playcaller that no one should question?

For reference and context - last 8 games:

Duke - 31-6
Toledo - 52-30
Bethune-Cookman - 41-13

WVU - 31-14
Duke - 40-21
NC St - 27-13
UVA - 34-14
Pitt - 51-28

I agree. He needs to get more creative. Something like a halfback pass in a blizzard. They will never see that coming.

it's not debatable that the team goes into funks for entire quarters at a time, but our offense is also a good reminder that talent still trumps everything. shaky playcalling can be overcome by guys like mark walton & ahmmon richards who can score from any spot on the field. if richt brings in the level of offensive talent he's brought in so far and looks like will be in the 18 class we'll be okay.

Advertisement
We still have prolonged lulls on offense so there's still issues to be fixed but there has been significant improvement since the second half of the Notre Dame game. The thing they have going for them this year is Rosier's scrambling ability. He's able to extend possessions by picking up three or four yards on third down so we're seeing a lot less three and outs. Against Duke, even when the offense wasn't putting up points, they at least managed to get a first down or two before punting. That certainly helps keep the defense fresh and field position can make a hug difference against a team like FSU who struggles to put together long drives. Third down conversions are up (they're still not great) after years of being among the worst in FBS.

For reference and context - last 8 games:

Duke - 31-6
Toledo - 52-30
Bethune-Cookman - 41-13

WVU - 31-14
Duke - 40-21
NC St - 27-13
UVA - 34-14
Pitt - 51-28

The offense is moving according to those scores.

Duke has more of a pulse than FSU. We beat them convincingly while FSU almost lost to Wake Forest.

Bull****. If you watch FSU you'll know those other games mean absolutely nothing against Miami. FSU is far more talented than Duke in nearly every position. Also, FSU has played a tougher schedule than Duke and their Offense can't stay on the field.

Spot on.

FSU's D is no joke and if Richt busts out his run on first down, run on second down, and then 4 verticals on third down....we're gonna lose a game we have no business losing.

His play calling in big games, which are the only games that matter, is disjointed at best. Games like this saturday are games you must WIN, not sit back and hope not to lose. This offense has the weapons to exploit the middle of the field...let's see if Richt has learned his lesson from last year.

It amazes me how Krazy Kane sets a new standard for stupidest post in history with every single one of his posts.

Advertisement

Spot on.

It amazes me how Krazy Kane sets a new standard for stupidest post in history with every single one of his posts.

It doesn't amaze me how scary y'all pzzys act over FSU... y'all think FSU is going to magically figure out how to be a great team even though they're 1-2 and sucked all year. You think I don't know they have more talent than Duke?? Genius remark who would've thought

Lol can anyone go back to last year's FSU game and check out Klinically Retarded Cane's post? Guarantee it's the same exact **** being spewed.

We are 11th in total offense per game and 2nd in yards per play. I know we've only played one team with a pulse, but if you couple that with a defense in the top 10-15 that's going to win you a lot of games.

cfbstats.com - 2017 National Team Leaders

The first half of your second sentence is the only relevant one. For the love of God you're giving me flashbacks to the admin *** kissers on Grassy who use to cite Coker's overall record toward the end of his tenure as a defense for why he shouldn't be fired. Facts without context mean nothing, and the simple fact is you're quoting a stat that is meaningless this early in the season given who we've played.

Another fact is that his play calling ****ed away the month of October last year. All 4 of those games were winnable, all four displayed ridiculously conservative and vanilla game planning, and all four yielded losses.

He needs to stop ignoring the middle of the field for large portions of IMPORTANT games. Sorry..but the jury is still very much out on Richt the play caller. I think he's a good head coach and a good face for the program...but color me skeptical until proven otherwise on his ability to call a game while also being responsible for the overall team on gameday. I've said it a million times on these boards...him hiring a good dedicated OC would help make him a better head coach by freeing him up from the minutia of play calling.

I'd at least like to see us bring in a "analyst" or whatever you want to call it to help with the offensive game plan. Sort of like Bama did with Sark.

Advertisement
Back