For All The Fuss We Give Enos. He is Running The Same Offense as Chip Kelly

We had 500 yards of offens vs UNC and lost. At some point we have to judge based on the scoreboard. It's not perfect but I'll take 27 despite another missed FG on the road against our biggest rival for the most lopsided win in a long *** time.... for now.
A real offense would of have had 40-50 with all the short fields they got in the 3rd.

Advertisement
Personally, and I don't think I'm alone here, I don't think the problem is the scheme, I think it's execution and a lack of adaptability. Almost any offense will work well if you've got the right personnel, and they all do their jobs. The trouble starts when you don't have the personnel and you can't figure out how to adapt to that fact.

Anyone remember when folks would say "but the Pats run a 3-4"? The problem wasn't the defensive scheme, it was that we didn't have the guys to run it properly and our DC couldn't get that through his thick skull and adjust. Same thing with Enos, he seems to have trouble adapting to the players he's got.

Advertisement
We had 500 yards of offens vs UNC and lost. At some point we have to judge based on the scoreboard. It's not perfect but I'll take 27 despite another missed FG on the road against our biggest rival for the most lopsided win in a long *** time.... for now.

^^This give me the W any day I don't give a fu ck about the score it could be 2 zip for all I care. Do whatever it takes to win.

The better the QB and O-line play has been, the better the offense has looked.

I'll be interested to see what it's capable of going forward if both those positions continue their noticeable improvement as of late.
They definitely looked better for 1 week, but we still scored 27 points when given incredible field position all day. Scoring points is what matters and we still don't. I was at the Pitt game the week before and it was atrocious as I'm sure you witnessed that as well. The week before they weren't enough to beat GT. So noticeable improvement for a game yes, but as of late? No.

chip is all about space and pace,
that is a huge fundamental priority of his offensive scheme
of the reasons he could not have the success he had in college in the nfl was bc the nfl refs would not allow him to play at the pace that he wanted
we play in the box and with a snails pace
so no we are nothing alike

90A9AB7A-92EC-4643-9C9E-48FA9DCAC84E.gif

Advertisement
They definitely looked better for 1 week, but we still scored 27 points when given incredible field position all day. Scoring points is what matters and we still don't. I was at the Pitt game the week before and it was atrocious as I'm sure you witnessed that as well. The week before they weren't enough to beat GT. So noticeable improvement for a game yes, but as of late? No.

Offense should have scored 30 in the GT game in an easy win. Again, not beautiful but we didn't lose that game because of Enos. We lost that game because we gave up two non offensive touchdowns, missed 30 tackles and missed THREE FGs from inside of 35 yards.

chip is all about space and pace,
that is a huge fundamental priority of his offensive scheme
of the reasons he could not have the success he had in college in the nfl was bc the nfl refs would not allow him to play at the pace that he wanted
we play in the box and with a snails pace
so no we are nothing alike
Chips offense has always been predicated on a strong run game..they depend on attacking all parts of the field, horizontally and vertically. Depend on presnap motion and tempo

Advertisement
Does anyone? The NFL runs 11 personnel like 90% of the time and they live in the shotgun more now than ever. These days "Pro style" is just a euphemism for boring.
That’s my point..but basically, from my understanding a prostyle offense is multiple formations/personnel , attacks all parts of the field, and utilizes a QB who can do suck from the pocket. I would say chip still uses 11 and 12 personnel a lot. Along with a H-Back . He’s not running 4 wide and 5 wide out on every other play

Lol. The offense wasn't good vs fsu. 300 yards vs the 107th defense isn't good.

The 2 TD bombs were good. The third-down conversion percentage, the inability to do anything when repeatedly handed a short field to work with, and the running game were not good.

Oh, and Deejay's pass pro was really good, too.

That’s my point..but basically, from my understanding a prostyle offense is multiple formations/personnel , attacks all parts of the field, and utilizes a QB who can do suck from the pocket. I would say chip still uses 11 and 12 personnel a lot. Along with a H-Back . He’s not running 4 wide and 5 wide out on every other play

Outside of a generic spread to pass team or flexbone that's like every offense now. The NCAA offense: mostly 11 personnel with some 12 and 10 with RPO's, screens, Air Raid concepts and mostly zone blocking

Advertisement
Outside of a generic spread to pass team or flexbone that's like every offense now. The NCAA offense: mostly 11 personnel with some 12 and 10 with RPO's, screens, Air Raid concepts and mostly zone blocking
Yup. So to say chip run a pro style offense isn’t too far off. His playcalls don’t vary too much and that tempo has slowed down a bit since The NFL. Now you want to talk about a true spread offense, that Bull**** FSU is running rn that had multiple posters here walking around with a hard on all last week, that Bull**** is spread

Vs FBS teams we are 99th in scoring offense and 99h in total yards per game.

Penos and anyone running a similar offense should kill themselves. This guy is a disaster.

Only our dipshlt loser fans with low expectations celebrate scoring 27 points vs an awful FSU defense in an era where it's never been easier to score.

We scored less points than FSU averages giving up and gained less yards than they usually allow.

Eat shlt. Fire Penos.

Chips offense has always been predicated on a strong run game..they depend on attacking all parts of the field, horizontally and vertically. Depend on presnap motion and tempo

yea it seems enos likes to run to set up the pass
not vice versa
I think he thinks that hes some passing game savant

Advertisement
Back