Folks talking about Dan Enos as OC now

Advertisement
This is who we hired. Cuban Randy Shannon. It’s a joke

Attachments

• BFD226CD-BB04-4211-BBE0-7FF37FDC0BC8.jpeg
    BFD226CD-BB04-4211-BBE0-7FF37FDC0BC8.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 10
I watched his offense at Arkansas, they were super explosion, and he ran a lot of 11 personnel stuff. That said, he doesn't play with tempo, and they weren't much of a spread team. He's a good OC in my opinion, but people want like him because they want to run a spread offense.
I don't want a spread guy. I want a modern pro guy. So we can put QBs in the NFL.

I watched his offense at Arkansas, they were super explosion, and he ran a lot of 11 personnel stuff. That said, he doesn't play with tempo, and they weren't much of a spread team. He's a good OC in my opinion, but people want like him because they want to run a spread offense.

his offenses got progressively worse at Arkansas. and he was running that offense for a defensive coach, Bielema

S&P offensive ranking:

2012 CMU - 91
2013 CMU - 106
2014 CMU - 88

2014 ARK (jim chaney as OC) - 22

2015 ARK - 4
2016 ARK - 39
2017 ARK - 43

Advertisement
I don't want a spread guy. I want a modern pro guy. So we can put QBs in the NFL.

Winning games should be our focus, not the NFL. **** the NFL.

But..

Baker Mayfield and Pat Mahomes came from spread offenses.

The top 3 QBs expected off the board in this year’s draft — Haskins, Lock, and Murray — come from spread offenses.

Are people seriously complaining about Alabama's QB coach that has been in line to become Alabama's OC? Is that really what is happening right now? Pure comedy

It certainly seems like no staff members have been hired. This is absurd. Either a completely unnecessary week of smokescreens or we’re sitting here missing on every shot we’ve taken.

2014 ARK (jim chaney as OC) - 22

2015 ARK - 4
2016 ARK - 39
2017 ARK - 43

And they were 97th the year after he left.

I loved that 2015 offense. Shows what he can do with talent. That style won’t be very popular, though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are people seriously complaining about Alabama's QB coach that has been in line to become Alabama's OC? Is that really what is happening right now? Pure comedy

Probably the 87 different candidates in 15 days. Enos will end up at UGA/Bama. I'm fine with that. Good fit for what they do. We need a spread guy.

Advertisement

A modern pro QB is a spread QB. It's not 1995 anymore. Why do you think anyone who's had a cup of coffee with Sean McVay is getting head coaching interviews in the NFL?

Some of the same people who recognize the importance of keeping the best athletes in South Florida home would be perfectly fine with continuing to trot out archaic, plodding, behind-the-times offenses reminiscent of the Big 10 in the '90s. Like buying a Lamborghini and driving 45 mph in cruise control on the thruway.

We've gone the methodical route for years. We can keep the Jeff Fisher mentality and continue lagging behind or we can finally wake up and make this program exciting again. Thankfully Diaz' comments about the offense he wants to run here make it sound like he understands this clearly.

Advertisement
Back