Flying the banner "Fire Jon Richt"

The banner is specifically asking Richt to fire his son - yes Richt would be the one to fire his son, not Blake James. We all want Mark to replace Jon (I said so myself yesterday on these very forums), but to me that's going a little too far in a very public setting and would reverberate in a lot of negative ways for our program.

Fair enough if that is your perspective, but there's no reason to bring his daughter into it. Shining a light on the nepotism is not a bad thing in my opinion, but I respect that your opinion differs. The only issue I took with your initial post is you made it sound like Jon was off limits because he has a daughter and made it sound like flying a banner would be a personal attack on their family. I reject that argument.

So, agree to disagree, but don't overly dramatize the situation. Fair enough?

Advertisement
Fair enough if that is your perspective, but there's no reason to bring his daughter into it. Shining a light on the nepotism is not a bad thing in my opinion, but I respect that your opinion differs. The only issue I took with your initial post is you made it sound like Jon was off limits because he has a daughter and made it sound like flying a banner would be a personal attack on their family. I reject that argument.

So, agree to disagree, but don't overly dramatize the situation. Fair enough?
Absolutely - this is the exact reason he should have never been hired to begin with - ignore that lack of experience; but when you hire family, it makes it very difficult to get rid of them if they are not performing. Every decision you make with regards to that person is personal.

The reason I brought up his daughter is the fact that it will play into any decision CMR makes in regards to Jon. Nepotism sucks.

I'm not in the Fly the banner camp, I agree with the sentiment behind it just don't think it's always the best thing to do.

With that said, it would be kinda hilarious mainly because he's just a kid & really has no control over anything he does, all he is is Mark's boy that's it. He's a glorified GA that should've been a video coordinator at best but Mark thought it would be a good idea to let him coach the most important position on the field, without having any legitimate experience whatsoever.

So imagine, he's just standing on the sideline minding his own business, he looks up & sees a Fire Jon Richt banner, he's gotta be like "Aww man, why me?" Lmao
If he dies, he dies

I have uncontrollable bowel movements when watching these play calls and QBs...so I see your jon Richts kid has crohns and raise you a 32 year old man who needs depends now.

I think instead of firing Jon, we should fly a banner to get him a raise. He worked his way up from absolutely nothing to get where he is. No connections. No safety net if he failed. Then, in only 2 years, he single handedly turned a QB that his dad said would never start at Miami into the worst P5 starting QB in the country. Plus he apparently has a kid with chronic diarrhea. Must cost him 100K per year just on toilet paper. Clearly a raise is in order.

Advertisement
So you want to threaten our head coach by going after his son? More specifically, his son who has a young daughter with Crohn's Disease and is dependent on his employer's medical insurance to help manage her care? I'd like to see Jon Richt replaced, but this is not the way to do it...

Exactly

Bunch of idiots on here.

I think instead of firing Jon, we should fly a banner to get him a raise. He worked his way up from absolutely nothing to get where he is. No connections. No safety net if he failed. Then, in only 2 years, he single handedly turned a QB that his dad said would never start at Miami into the worst P5 starting QB in the country. Plus he apparently has a kid with chronic diarrhea. Must cost him 100K per year just on toilet paper. Clearly a raise is in order.

You’re a disgusting human being

Give RICHt a $100k raise to demote Jon

Hire Yost as OC-QB for $300K
Fire Brown and demote Hartley from ST to just TE and recruiting
Hire Stu Holt from App State. RB-ST

Advertisement
PhotoFunia-1540611890.jpg

The drawback of hiring family is the possibility of having to fire family.

So you want to threaten our head coach by going after his son? More specifically, his son who has a young daughter with Crohn's Disease and is dependent on his employer's medical insurance to help manage her care? I'd like to see Jon Richt replaced, but this is not the way to do it...
Very poor of you to even bring the kid into this as some sort of pity. This is the real world with real money, this isn’t monopoly we’re playing.

My brother went off the side of a cliff 4 months ago and flatlined 3 times on the way to the hospital. Somehow someway he survived multiple broken bones and numerous internal injuries. My mommy and daddy don’t make 4 million and he’s on the way to making a full recovery. We’ve figured it out on how to make due.

What a POS comment you made sir. Sorry for the rant but just absolutely absurd you would make a comment like that.

Advertisement

Shouldn’t have been hired in the first place. Tough ****.

If Mark is worried about insurance then he should move the kid to a non-coaching position, hire a real QB coach, and light a fire under his own a$$ and start being a Hurricane. The way things are, the whole staff will be out of jobs and insurance soon. You got inside info on all thier kids?

Advertisement
Makes far more sense than a "Fire CMR" banner to me because its denfiniely NOT premature

Best case scenario if Rick stays is to hope he has a hookup in NFL; someone who owes him a favor. This NFL hookup gives the young Rick an NFL office down the hall with some kind of Analyst title on the door.. Everyone saves face.

Advertisement
Back