Flying the banner "Fire Jon Richt"

Advertisement
Crohn disease? Are you kidding me? There are millions of people that have children with life threatening diseases that would get fired for failing even close to as hard as Junior. They also don't have a father who makes 4 million a year to fall back on or have 3 years of 200K+ salary that he could use to hold himself over until he finds a new job.
not to change subject but can you live decent in Miami on 200k, always heard how expensive it is, my buds there bytch constantly about it

Advertisement
I bet if Jr were fired he couldnt get a high school job in the 305 without dad's help

not to change subject but can you live decent in Miami on 200k, always heard how expensive it is, my buds there bytch constantly about it

**** yah you can. People live decent in NYC off 200k a year. I know guys who make 8 figures and they bytch about not having enough money. No you won't be driving around in dope whips or living in a mansion, but if your main goal is to survive in Miami and be able to afford your daughters treatment 200k is enough.

So you want to threaten our head coach by going after his son? More specifically, his son who has a young daughter with Crohn's Disease and is dependent on his employer's medical insurance to help manage her care? I'd like to see Jon Richt replaced, but this is not the way to do it...

Her grandfather is a multimillionaire

She’ll be okay

Advertisement
**** yah you can. People live decent in NYC off 200k a year. I know guys who make 8 figures and they bytch about not having enough money. No you won't be driving around in dope whips or living in a mansion, but if your main goal is to survive in Miami and be able to afford your daughters treatment 200k is enough.
got it, homes there are just insane money though, especially compared to Texas and what i'm used to

well yea, but 200k aint much around there

Well no, not if you're a normal working stiff with college loans who has to save every penny he can to scratch together a down payment on a house, etc. But when daddy can write a $500k check to buy you a nice home, and probably gets you a free car from the school/sponsors, and let's you use his boat whenever you want, etc, etc., yeah, you can live a pretty nice life even in Miami on that $200k budget.

Yes, you can live very comfortably in Miami on 200k a year. Compared to many other popular metro areas, the Miami area is actually pretty cheap. The problem is the median salary here is pretty low. I want to say the median household income for the greater south Florida area (essentially Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties) is like 45k. Not very much.

Advertisement
got it, homes there are just insane money though, especially compared to Texas and what i'm used to

Lol. Yah its a lot more than texas, but me coming from NY was surprised how much less the houses cost in Miami lol. Also, he could buy like a 25k dollar house in the hood if he really wanted to. There are people that survive in Miami off part time minimum wage. If you are making 200k and living paycheck to paycheck that just means you are living way above your means. If you make 100k a year you could live in a relatively safe neighborhood and live fine. You won't be wearing gucci and louie, but payless and walmart brands. You won't be whipping S classes or 7 series, but used Civics. You won't be shopping at whole foods and eating at restaurants everyday, but you can live off nutritious meals you cook up at a regular supermarket. You won't be living a life of luxury, but you won't be going to bed hungry every night, in a dangerous neighborhood, car breaking down, and wearing ripped up clothes either.

Well no, not if you're a normal working stiff with college loans who has to save every penny he can to scratch together a down payment on a house, etc. But when daddy can write a $500k check to buy you a nice home, and probably gets you a free car from the school/sponsors, and let's you use his boat whenever you want, etc, etc., yeah, you can live a pretty nice life even in Miami on that $200k budget.
yea i need a dad like that, Jr gets to put his little change in the bank and sit on it, dad pays for everything or negotiates it from The U, nice

Advertisement
So you want to threaten our head coach by going after his son? More specifically, his son who has a young daughter with Crohn's Disease and is dependent on his employer's medical insurance to help manage her care? I'd like to see Jon Richt replaced, but this is not the way to do it...
1. His dad's a millionaire. He's got bread.

2. His dad will hook him up w another gig (in athletics or the private sector) where he can get decent insurance.

3. This ain't charity work.

I'm not in the Fly the banner camp, I agree with the sentiment behind it just don't think it's always the best thing to do.

With that said, it would be kinda hilarious mainly because he's just a kid & really has no control over anything he does, all he is is Mark's boy that's it. He's a glorified GA that should've been a video coordinator at best but Mark thought it would be a good idea to let him coach the most important position on the field, without having any legitimate experience whatsoever.

So imagine, he's just standing on the sideline minding his own business, he looks up & sees a Fire Jon Richt banner, he's gotta be like "Aww man, why me?" Lmao

Yup. Ridiculous line of logic. Guy acts like we're plotting to send envelopes laced with ricin or something. We're talking about a **** banner, bro.
The banner is specifically asking Richt to fire his son - yes Richt would be the one to fire his son, not Blake James. We all want Mark to replace Jon (I said so myself yesterday on these very forums), but to me that's going a little too far in a very public setting and would reverberate in a lot of negative ways for our program.

Advertisement
Back