Florida Fire Tryouts: 1-on-1′s (Ridley and Phillips)

(Jeff Hill)

Lord, Ridley had him beat by 5yds on one play, Hill turned on the afterburners and caught up to him in a flash.

Gator chomp after another breakup.....

I may be wrong but that didn't look like the gator chomp! I have no idea where he is going but just looked like he clapped his hands in frustration after a break-up.

Yep

Advertisement
One thing we didn't see is who the **** is throwing the ball each deep ball the receivers had to slow up for allowing Hill to either stay with the play or recover. Although Hill is a beast if the deep balls would have been thrown correctly Peete and Ridley might have made Hills highlights less promising.

**** mane if we can get Ridley and Phillips in the same class that'd be sick.

Unfortunately it looks like Phillips is more of a lean to FSU than Miami right now. A two year haul of Rudolph, Lane and Phillips is crazy.

I hope we offer Hill. When will we learn that height isn't everything? If a player balls out in SoFla against the best why ignore him because he's an inch or two short? I really hope our staff has learned that it's OK to have a corner under 5'10.

Advertisement
FWIW, Jeff Hill is listed at 5'7. by the way...

292.jpg

Advertisement
(Jeff Hill)

Lord, Ridley had him beat by 5yds on one play, Hill turned on the afterburners and caught up to him in a flash.

Gator chomp after another breakup.....

I may be wrong but that didn't look like the gator chomp! I have no idea where he is going but just looked like he clapped his hands in frustration after a break-up.

Important stuff...how can we evaluate without better info on chomps, "U's", and chops. Not only on which they do, but how they do them. You could tell that Lane was not going to UF by the group chomp he did with Cook and Wilson at that A-A practice. It was laconic, lazy, poor technique...or else he was on drugs. (Or all of the above). This will also tell you something about the kind of player he is....if a kid is lazy on the chomp, or chop, or whatever...do you want him playing for you when the game's on the line? How do you know he's not a quitter?

Uh, some of those reps by Jeff Hill were terrible. I try not to look at the result and instead look at what COULD'VE BEEN if the passes were better, the WR was better or if there was a ref on the field.

Worst part about these things is, it's nothing but a bunch of ignorant hood cats out there sayin' dumb **** like "get ya money" instead of coaching these kids up and telling them what they did wrong.

Advertisement
Hill is all UM need to offer him asap, i remember looking at some junior highlights of Phillips and think he looked a bit stiff not here though kid looked like the best in FL.

Hill is all UM need to offer him asap, i remember looking at some junior highlights of Phillips and think he looked a bit stiff not here though kid looked like the best in FL.

He'd commit on the spot to UM I truly believe and its going to be interesting who that first offer will be if Cogdell gets WVU to pull the trigger and if they do maybe they get his commit first

I still hate these one on ones were it is clear that they don't tell the QB a route and just, throw to me when I am open. I think Phillips and the Booker T kid ran a route that wasn't a Go/double move go. It's just makes it too unrealistic in my eyes.

Hard as **** 4 a corner to look good in these workouts.Jeff Hill did his thing tho

**** near impossible, that's why give me Hill, NOW, NOW, NOW

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back