Flores out as Dolphins coach

Mr Ruiz, you already have a team. Just keep spending that money on the UNIVERSITY of Miami, no need to look anywhere else
I'm a Canes and Dolphins fan. I'm a Canes fan much more significantly. I can live with one of those teams being elite, so long as it's the Canes.

The Dolphins being good are merely a luxury, and approaching a dream - one that probably never comes to fruition.

Focus on the bag game for the Canes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty obvious he wants Harbaugh since they are boys. Pretty much means Harbaugh to the Dolphins. He felt like he had to make that move to get his homie out of Michigan
This

IIRC when Harbaugh went to SF he was close to going to Miami

You don’t fire Flores unless the guy you want is in the mix

Or maybe you do and are just clueless I dunno….

This

IIRC when Harbaugh went to SF he was close to going to Miami

You don’t fire Flores unless the guy you want is in the mix

Or maybe you do and are just clueless I dunno….
Apparently him and the GM weren’t getting along and Ross was unable to fix it and he had to pick one of the two (at the very least both needed to be fired).

Ross mentioned he loves Michigan so he will not pursue Harbaugh at the detriment of Michigan (which to me should disqualify him since he’s basically saying I’m not going to go after the best coach possible).

Last edited:
Advertisement
wont his fault...

1641848113709.png

Advertisement
That’s hard to say. Front office has a lot to say with such a high draft pick.
Everyone knew he had a noodle arm and he lost a step.
That flag pattern Waddle wide open and TUA hits Waddles knees.

TUA is very rich now , I have NO issues letting TUA go.
Tua has to have the weakest arm in the NFL, and the Dolphins knew that after his first season. They should've moved on from him. You can't win in the NFL with a dink and donk QB.

How’s Godsey a bad OC hire? We were in almost every game with a talentless offense. Some of you need a serious reality check.

Little to no track record.

I get that Waddle is a rookie and Geiscki, Parker and Tua aren’t the most consistent but the truth is at the NFL level thats a good amount of combined talent that didn’t produce much.

But more so our week to week game plan was terrible after the 1st series of scripted plays.

I mean this season could be summed up to the WR screen we ran on our own 1 yard line that blown up and resulted in a safety.

Advertisement
and not just this, he also badly mismanaged the offensive line his entire tenure. he cycled through a bunch of coaches w/ that position group and coming into this year was shuffling players all over the place from training camp to halfway through the season. Had Eichenberg playing RT, then LG, then LT for instance. Flores is a pretty good head coach, obv a pretty good to great defensive coach, but dude just has no idea what to do w/ offense and in this era of the NFL you can't succeed that way as a head coach. The best case scenario is you're Pete Carroll and you get a transcendent QB talent like Russell Wilson and get to a few Super Bowls, but once he got off his rookie contract things in Seattle have not been that great and the offensive side of the ball has been a total mess there for years, hiring horrible OCs, feuding w/ his QB etc.

bottom line is you can succeed as a defensive head coach (Belichick, McDermott, Vrabel), you can even succeed as a conservative head coach (Shanahan and McVay despite their offensive genius reputations are pretty conservative when it comes to 4th down & FG situations). but you have to hire a good offensive coordinator and get out of his way and let him run an offense, or you have to be a offensive wizard playcaller yourself. you can't be a defensive minded, conservative head coach who constantly has his offense in disarray. I don't care who the Dolphins QB is, the way Flores wants to play, you're never going to compete in the AFC w/ teams like KC, Buffalo, Cincy etc who want to put up 35 points every game.

Exactly!

Truth is very few defensive minded coaches last very long at one spot these days. Usually becuase they ignore offense to the point of negligence.

From reading the Dolphins players comments, Flo appears to have had a lot of support locker room. Players loved him and so do the national media.

Aside from the Harbaugh angle, my guess is that Flo probably didn’t get along with Management. If so, Flo definitely gets my respect. My guess is that he ruffled a few feathers in the front office by speaking his mind, and who knows, Flo may have questioned more than a few questionable trades, draft picks and free agent moves. All that cap space being saved for what?

Flo won’t be unemployed for long

Advertisement
Back