Flores out as Dolphins coach

Advertisement
giphy.gif

What gets me is there are some Dolphins fans that are defending this move and believe Grier should stick around since it looks like we hit on Phillips, Waddle and Holland more specifically.

Last I checked, Grier built this OL and it's arguably the worst in the league. Which, I'm not the biggest expert in football, but I'd assume if you have an undersized QB that had injury issues in college, you'd want to make sure you had one of the best OL in the league.

Advertisement
What gets me is there are some Dolphins fans that are defending this move and believe Grier should stick around since it looks like we hit on Phillips, Waddle and Holland more specifically.

Last I checked, Grier built this OL and it's arguably the worst in the league. Which, I'm not the biggest expert in football, but I'd assume if you have an undersized QB that had injury issues in college, you'd want to make sure you had one of the best OL in the league.
I’m not one of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely Flores could end up in a better situation than at Miami
I can totally see him getting another NFL head coaching job. If he gets a team with a decent QB he could be in the playoffs every year. It’ll just make the Dolphins ownership and front office look even dumber.

Advertisement
From Jeff Darlington. Covers NFL but before that covered the Dolphins.

Flores is a good coach. He also has made many questionable decisions. Firing 4 OL and 3 OC’s in three years is not good for business.

Flores’ shocking departure is said to have come down to his deteriorating relationships between franchise quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, whom the Dolphins drafted in 2020, and general manager Chris Grier, ESPN’s Jeff Darlington reported Monday. Team owner Stephen Ross “no longer saw Flores as a healthy fit in Miami,” per Darlington, who also cited “constant staff changes.”

From Jeff Darlington. Covers NFL but before that covered the Dolphins.

Flores is a good coach. He also has made many questionable decisions. Firing 4 OL and 3 OC’s in three years is not good for business.

Flores’ shocking departure is said to have come down to his deteriorating relationships between franchise quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, whom the Dolphins drafted in 2020, and general manager Chris Grier, ESPN’s Jeff Darlington reported Monday. Team owner Stephen Ross “no longer saw Flores as a healthy fit in Miami,” per Darlington, who also cited “constant staff changes.”
Is Grier still a healthy fit in Miami? Lol.

Advertisement
Back