Flores out as Dolphins coach

Advertisement
Harbaugh most likely. Bad decision though. Flores will get another job and hopefully he learned some lessons.

This is all about Harbaugh. Ross's move. And a dumb one IMHO. Players loved Flores and played their tails off for him.
Only job Hardpaw is leaving Michigan for is the Bears, and looky here, it just opened up as well

Advertisement
So, does anyone still not believe me that Ross is the problem (and always has been)?
Well yea but he's the owner so not much can be done about him till he sells... I mean I get your point but that part of the equation will not change....

Advertisement
This was a terrible decision

They give him ****** QBs but he’s supposed to overcome that?

I am not a Dolphin fan but there is no doubt in my Mind that Flores is a good HC. Definitely not to be fired this year.

Is Ross going to go all in or Harbaugh again? Is he making this decision knowing that he has an answer from Harbaugh already? If not, just terrible decision.

Advertisement
Firing Flores was the dumbest thing the Dolphins owner has done when they're just starting to gain momentum. Flores and his staff did a **** of a job getting the most out of the roster they had. They won 8 out of their last 9 games. Three of their losses came by last second field goals. If they had won just one more game, they would have been in the playoffs and the Patriots would be at home watching.

Flores had back to back winning seasons which the Dolphins haven't done since the 2002 and 2003 seasons. Prior to Flores' tenor, the Dolphins have had only 2 winning seasons in 16 years.

Flores is a Belichick disciple of 18 years on his staff. He knows his football and beat his mentor twice in the same season making the Dolphins relevant again. Firing Flores was pure lunacy. He's going to be a great coach. He just needs time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Couldn't care less about the Dolphins but this is probably dumb...HOWEVER, really shouldn't surprise anyone. Flores has a very unique coaching style that doesn't jive with everyone. Again, doesn't mean it's terrible or wrong, but it's different and sometimes cause dissention. But more importantly, it's been 3 years and he still can't find anyone competent to coach on the offensive side of the ball. He's an elite DC, and he has created an excellent defense, but you can't be totally inept on one side of the ball.

The wild one though is the GM is safe, for some reason. Chris Grier drafted Tua and the rest of these guys, not Flores. If you're gonna fire Flores, Grier should be going too.
Shows you how one decision (QB decision by not drafting Herbert over a broken hip Tua) changes the trajectory of a franchise.

Firing Flores would be the dumbest thing the Dolphins owner could do when they're just starting to gain momentum. Flores and his staff did a **** of a job getting the most out of the roster they had. They won 8 out of their last 9 games. Three of their losses came by last second field goals. If they had won just one more game, they would have been in the playoffs and the Patriots would be at home watching.

Flores had back to back winning seasons which the Dolphins haven't done since the 2002 and 2003 seasons. Prior to Flores' tenor, the Dolphins have had only 2 winning seasons in 16 years.

Flores is a Belichick disciple of 18 years on his staff. He knows his football and beat his mentor twice in the same season making the Dolphins relevant again. Firing Flores would be pure lunacy. He's going to be a great coach. He just needs time.
You speak as if it hasn't happened you're late.

Advertisement
Back