2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

Advertisement
My interest in recruiting has peaked this season when years past it hasnt

I also, for whatever reason, am at the point where I really want to see Miami be good again and be relevant not just becasue they're Miami but because they are back to being formidable and formidable to the point where they scare everyone

I feel the NCAA and others are happy where Miami is, kind of a payback for how Miami won in the 80s and Ive always felt the NCAA and big schools manipulate to make sure Miami is not what Miami was. So, for all that, I want Miami good again

Especially with the Playoff going to 12 teams the chance now to be included is greater which of course only helps Miami
I never even clicked on the recruiting board until Mario got here. I don’t follow HS, so they’re all new names to me.. but to your point, Mario is routinely beating blue bloods for enough recruits that their biggest fear might be only a cycle or two away.

Their manipulations can only go so far in the face of these monster lines Mario is building. And it’s fun to watch him collect the pieces.

I never even clicked on the recruiting board until Mario got here. I don’t follow HS, so they’re all new names to me.. but to your point, Mario is routinely beating blue bloods for enough recruits that their biggest fear might be only a cycle or two away.

Their manipulations can only go so far in the face of these monster lines Mario is building. And it’s fun to watch him collect the pieces.
When your beating OSU Bama and uga for kids your on your way back. Just got to keep adding and building it. I believe we will be back in 25

You can say

im not an fsu fan. Just pointing out what was used by the cfp many years. Now when it doesn’t work for their plans, they throw it out.

The sos doesn’t factor wins/loss. FSU has the 3rd ranked SOR. https://www.espn.com/college-football/playoffPicture
“SOR: Strength of record - Reflects chance that an average Top 25 team would have team's record or better, given the schedule.“

Wait until 2024. If Miami doesn’t win every game, they very well could be left out even at 12-1 because our SOS will be a joke.

I get it, anything that could be a positive word for fsu isn’t allowed on here. This isn’t even about FSU it is about the ****** way college football is played now.

It’s not about “any positive word isn’t allowed” . If they had actually been snubbed we could collectively have a conversation but they weren’t. IDGAF if FSU is 3 in SOR. The committee states that when everything is that close they look at SOS. SOR FSU is 3, BAMA 4 and Texas 5. Splitting hairs. However BAMA is 50 spots higher in SOS and Texas 42 spots higher. Once determined that BAMA was in over FSU, you have to put Texas because of the head to head. Additionally, FSUs QBs can’t complete a forward pass.

All of this is literally in the selection committees criteria to review. SOS, head to head, conference title, availability of key players, comparative results to common opponents.

Between the three:
Conference titles - tied
SOS - FSU last
Player availability - FSU last
Head to head - Texas wins
Comparative results to common opponents - tie, FSU and BAMA both beat LSU

FSU literally has no leg up in any category. FSU fans should blame Norvell for his ****** QB recruiting. They would’ve been in ala OSU with Cardale if they looked competent.

/last reply to any of this FSU garbage

It’s not about “any positive word isn’t allowed” . If they had actually been snubbed we could collectively have a conversation but they weren’t. IDGAF if FSU is 3 in SOR. The committee states that when everything is that close they look at SOS. SOR FSU is 3, BAMA 4 and Texas 5. Splitting hairs. However BAMA is 50 spots higher in SOS and Texas 42 spots higher. Once determined that BAMA was in over FSU, you have to put Texas because of the head to head. Additionally, FSUs QBs can’t complete a forward pass.

All of this is literally in the selection committees criteria to review. SOS, head to head, conference title, availability of key players, comparative results to common opponents.

Between the three:
Conference titles - tied
SOS - FSU last
Player availability - FSU last
Head to head - Texas wins
Comparative results to common opponents - tie, FSU and BAMA both beat LSU

FSU literally has no leg up in any category. FSU fans should blame Norvell for his ****** QB recruiting. They would’ve been in ala OSU with Cardale if they looked competent.

/last reply to any of this FSU garbage
Crazy that you had to write this so people could understand 😂

Advertisement
IF Texas/Bama wins the CFP and FSU beats UGA (Big IF), they have a right to claim a natty. The CFP was meant to remove doubt so how can you do so with an undefeated record and the 3rd best Strength of Record (how the CFP committee was to determine who gets in). Bama was 4th and Texas was 5th.
Yeah, and they should get rings made...
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Advertisement
Aint nobody gonna be crying about #13th ranked team left out of the playoffs. Sorry. Man likely has 2 losses. Gonna be a 1 day sports talking point then move on.

Advertisement
If they want the 12 best teams, they need to more head to head regular season games and have a more balanced schedule among the now 2 big confernees, the SEC and Big Ten

The SEC will still be better and deeper with Texas and Oklahoma so they should really schedule more intra Conference games going forward

I dont need to still see some awful Big Ten games

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back