2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

Drastically improved almost position room in the program I'm 2 years
Online is a big boy position now.
I believe 4 of the 5 from 2023 redshirted
2024 class has 3 elite WR I'm it currently when have we done that?
Lb is a 180 from what we inherited
This program was in shambles from a roster point and now each position is improving
Impact players from last class
This class has impact players at RB WR TE DE LB S

Now
Mario will never be a great game day coach he's butch Davis Too me
QB room is a disaster and needs fixed.
DT will need work but it does everyone outside of UGA and bama

Future is very bright. It takes time
I could go “*** for tat” with counterpoints but it’s a holiday weekend. I remain hopeful (not overly optimistic).

I will also note there is a significant difference between the future now being “very bright” vs. making the “playoffs in 3 years.”

Here’s hoping you are right and most of us are either too impatient or incapable of seeing the depth and breadth of progress you and a few others seem to notice.

Advertisement
Just odd that one of the aggregators on twitter is the one who seemingly posted this first and then a few others followed after. Just not sure how reliable that info is but whoever it is let’s get it done lol

Advertisement
I’m going to tell you this so it’s Crystal clear to you and anyone else, because I’ve seen you following him and starting **** like you used to incessantly do to @Dwinstitles. The mental health issues you have stated that you have do not give you Carte Blanche to start **** with people without recourse. If you start and he goes after your mental condition - too ******* bad - you deserve it for starting and continuing. You’ve done this for years on here.

Next time you want your account disabled because you can’t handle the consequences of your actions, let’s make sure we really do it.
I don’t even remember who that is lol. It shows you I don’t really pay attention to that sh. Didn’t even know we were at each other I don’t hold onto grudges so it was forgotten.

I have no schtick I don’t think? You and I both expect Mario to be great here. The expectations are high for a valid reason. I’m more impatient than you are, that’s all. I am thoroughly disappointed being 5-10 in the ACC and 11-12 overall. I’m sure you are too, I’m not denying that.

It’s people that don’t accept criticism that get me going. To me, Mario deserves to be criticized so far. Now I’ve NEVER said fire the guy like some others, but I’m not going to sugarcoat it because this is a results-oriented business. What I’ve seen with my own two eyes just isn’t going to cut it.

He has plenty of time to turn it around, but there has to be substantial improvement in Year 3 to win back a large portion of this fanbase. All starts with recruiting, and why I’m hellbent on bringing in blue chips and elite talent. This team is better, the roster is better, but the record is marginally better.

I’ll be in Gainesville for the opener 100%. Despite my negativity, been to at least away game each year for some 15 or so years with my father and brother. A fair number of home games (despite living up north). I’m committed, I just want some wins and to be relevant again.
Have you ever seen the dip****s on the big screen and the games? Dancing and smiling when we are down 14. If they ever caught me I’d have a sour puss face on and I’d give them the finger!!

I have no schtick I don’t think? You and I both expect Mario to be great here. The expectations are high for a valid reason. I’m more impatient than you are, that’s all. I am thoroughly disappointed being 5-10 in the ACC and 11-12 overall. I’m sure you are too, I’m not denying that.

It’s people that don’t accept criticism that get me going. To me, Mario deserves to be criticized so far. Now I’ve NEVER said fire the guy like some others, but I’m not going to sugarcoat it because this is a results-oriented business. What I’ve seen with my own two eyes just isn’t going to cut it.

He has plenty of time to turn it around, but there has to be substantial improvement in Year 3 to win back a large portion of this fanbase. All starts with recruiting, and why I’m hellbent on bringing in blue chips and elite talent. This team is better, the roster is better, but the record is marginally better.

I’ll be in Gainesville for the opener 100%. Despite my negativity, been to at least away game each year for some 15 or so years with my father and brother. A fair number of home games (despite living up north). I’m committed, I just want some wins and to be relevant again.
Also have Tampa next year.

With all due respect, that is an incredibly optimistic and unsubstantiated view of the program. Please tell me why you believe we will make the CFB playoffs within 3 years. I love this program and am willing to give Mario more time but there is absolutely nothing that I have seen from our performance these last 2 years that would cause me to hold that belief.
1 qb and we should be top 10.

Advertisement
Is today the day
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Advertisement

Excellent post

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back