Fletcher Westphal 4* 2024 OT from the DMV

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Fletcher Westphal, a 4* 2024 OT from the DMV area is on the Sebastian Lane show tonight w/Rasta & Dave. Apparently he came down for the spring game and was offered that weekend. Says he currently excels in the run game but has work to do in the pass game.

He's 6'8" 330 as a sophomore! Says he's not yet met the class ambassador Tripp though both are from the DMV.

Advertisement
Fletcher Westphal, a 4* 2024 OT from the DMV area is on the Sebastian Lane show tonight w/Rasta & Dave. Apparently he came down for the spring game and was offered that weekend. Says he currently excels in the run game but has work to do in the pass game.

He's 6'8" 330 as a sophomore! Says he's not yet met the class ambassador Tripp though both are from the DMV.

Tripp is from BALITMORE......NOT THE DMV.

A baltimore dude would go crazy about that...like calling a broward kid being from MIAMI.

Advertisement
Tripp is from BALITMORE......NOT THE DMV.

A baltimore dude would go crazy about that...like calling a broward kid being from MIAMI.
Years ago when I first lived in DC - there was a little brother syndrome like Broward to Miami but Baltimore’s come into its own. Point taken though. They’re totally different areas culturally in my opinion.

@gogeta4 , if I remember right, you're a big advocate of recruiting the DMV right? If so, you know anything about his competition?

And of course, @Liberty City El , it almost goes w/o asking you have knowledge to share about the schools in this area.

Yea i like the DMV area football.

One of my lcose friends looks like he is close to accepting a job in that area ...the private schools in the area play real good ball.

His team seemed to be a pretty good team went deep in the playoffs.

@gogeta4 , if I remember right, you're a big advocate of recruiting the DMV right? If so, you know anything about his competition?

And of course, @Liberty City El , it almost goes w/o asking you have knowledge to share about the schools in this area.
This kid’s at Tuscarora in Leesburg. That’s not as close in as the immediate counties and cities bordering DC but it’s close enough.

Years ago when I first lived in DC - there was a little brother syndrome like Broward to Miami but Baltimore’s come into its own. Point taken though. They’re totally different areas culturally in my opinion.
TOTALLY different. Even more so than south florida...you really cant tell the difference in south florida until your outta palm beach. DC an Baltimore is like the same distance but they are tottalllly different culture wise...and unless you really viist both you automatically think oh yea...dmv or dc an baltimore are similar...NOPE

Advertisement
This kid’s at Tuscarora in Leesburg. That’s not as close in as the immediate counties and cities bordering DC but it’s close enough.
Yea he isnt really from the area i would usually say to target...

Im thinking the Upper Marlboro, Silver Spring, Pg county area, or maybe even in Arlington northern va would have some players every so often.

Im find with Baltimore as wlel as ST frances is a juggernaut think we should get a foot in there too.

TOTALLY different. Even more so than south florida...you really cant tell the difference in south florida until your outta palm beach. DC an Baltimore is like the same distance but they are tottalllly different culture wise...and unless you really viist both you automatically think oh yea...dmv or dc an baltimore are similar...NOPE
Yup. I lived in the legit DMV for years and my kids grew up in Montgomery County, MD. Baltimore was backwards *** to me when I got to DC in the 80’s. It’s come a long way but the culture is very different from DC. If DC is Miami, Baltimore is jacksonville or Tampa.

Leesburg is definitely considered to be DMV, it really just depends on how broad your definition is. A lot of confusion around what is apart of DMV, also gets confused a lot with DelMarVa.

Also to my knowledge the teams that Tuscarora play aren’t the best.

Last edited:

Im thinking the Upper Marlboro, Silver Spring, Pg county area, or maybe even in Arlington northern va would have some players every so often.

Im find with Baltimore as wlel as ST frances is a juggernaut think we should get a foot in there too.
There are even places in Montgomery County that aren’t DMV to me. Like Brian Bresee is from Damascus which is out by Frederick County, Maryland and is more country. PG schools, scattered select players at Montgomery and Frederick County schools and then the Montgomery County privates like Good Counsel and Bullis are the DMV schools on the MD side of DC.

Advertisement
Leesburg is definitely considered to be DMV, it really just depends on how broad your definition is. A lot of confusion around what is apart of DMV, also gets confused a lot with DelMarVa.

Also to my knowledge the teams that Tuscarora aren’t the best.
It is but it’s getting out there where I’d draw the line. Parts of Loudoun - moreso Sterling and to me I can include Leesburg - are considered DMV and then other parts - like past Leesburg in Purcellville and Lovettsville - I don’t consider that DMV.

Where do you draw the line in Maryland? Is Frederick DMV? Hagerstown definitely isn’t. Damascus, which is Montgomery County, is more Frederick and Mount Airy than Rockville and Silver Spring. If you’ve lived there, which I’m guessing you have - then you know what I’m saying in the divide here. My kids were mostly raised in Bethesda. It’s another world from the exurbs in Frederick and Loudoun.

I have lived in Leesburg in my lifetime by the way as did a close relative of wife # 1. And I have also lived in some of the places mentioned in Maryland.

Totally different areas.
Baltimore was more similar to Pittsburgh insofar as they were inward looking, very protective if not sensitive about what people thought about their city whereas folks in DC area generally don't give a rip. Alot of this has to do with DC being a transient area with many folks being from somewhere else. Similar to Pittsburgh, in Baltimore you have people whose family have been there for many generations, often coming from one of the old ethnic neighborhoods (although alot of these folks have moved to the outlying suburbs). Note that Baltimore and Pittsburgh have their respective accents whereas DC doesn't.

As far as high school football is concerned, I have been preaching about the Balt-DC area for years. Lots of good coaching in the area with very talented athletic kids who grew up playing hoops and with the influx of West African and Carribbean kids, you have an expanding base of talent in area. Also lots of kids coming from military families. I grew up playing Optimist and high school ball in Miami back in the 1970s and early 1980s, seeing my share of football players and I can opined that DMV football is up there as well.

It is but it’s getting out there where I’d draw the line. Parts of Loudoun - moreso Sterling and to me I can include Leesburg - are considered DMV and then other parts - like past Leesburg in Purcellville and Lovettsville - I don’t consider that DMV.

Where do you draw the line in Maryland? Is Frederick DMV? Hagerstown definitely isn’t. Damascus, which is Montgomery County, is more Frederick and Mount Airy than Rockville and Silver Spring. If you’ve lived there, which I’m guessing you have - then you know what I’m saying in the divide here. My kids were mostly raised in Bethesda. It’s another world from the exurbs in Frederick and Loudoun.

I have lived in Leesburg in my lifetime by the way as did a close relative of wife # 1. And I have also lived in some of the places mentioned in Maryland.

I know quite a few people who lived in Montgomery County who have moved out to Frederick. I would consider it a DC suburb, IMO.

Advertisement
Totally different areas.
Baltimore was more similar to Pittsburgh insofar as they were inward looking, very protective if not sensitive about what people thought about their city whereas folks in DC area generally don't give a rip. Alot of this has to do with DC being a transient area with many folks being from somewhere else. Similar to Pittsburgh, you have people whose family have been there for many generations, often coming from one of the old ethnic neighborhoods (although alot of these folks have moved to the outlying suburbs).

As far as high school football is concerned, I have been preaching about the Balt-DC area for years. Lots of good coaching in the area with very talented athletic kids who grew up playing hoops and with the influx of West African and Carribbean kids, you have an expanding base of talent in area. Also lots of kids coming from military families. I grew up playing Optimist and high school ball in Miami back in the 1970s and early 1980s, seeing my share of football players and I can opined that DMV football is up there as well.
Good call with Pittsburgh. Very comparable. I’ve seen some good players all over VA. I’ve lived in the Fairfax, Loudoun, Richmond and Hampton Roads areas on the Virginia side. Hampton Roads has some good football. Between Hampton, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach, there’s some talent there.

Good call with Pittsburgh. Very comparable. I’ve seen some good players all over VA. I’ve lived in the Fairfax, Loudoun, Richmond and Hampton Roads areas on the Virginia side. Hampton Roads has some good football. Between Hampton, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach, there’s some talent there.

As we know, northern Virginia (Nova) is considered a suburb of DC. Lots of talent there as well and going southeast to Tidewater area has turned out some studs like Kenny Easley, Bruce Smith, Lawrence Taylor, Dwight Stephenson, Michael Vick, Plaxico Burress, etc.

I know quite a few people who lived in Montgomery County who have moved out to Frederick. I would consider it a DC suburb, IMO.
I know Frederick like the back of my hand. Maybe better than anyone on CIS. I’d consider it the Maryland version of Leesburg as it relates to DC in the DMV sense but it’s on the periphery. Frederick City and Urbana are one thing but Frederick County also has places like Emmitsburg and Brunswick like Loudoun has Lucketts and Lovettsville.

People who aren’t familiar with these places don’t realize how night and day those peripheral Counties are within those Counties. Like Frederick City has a somewhat cosmopolitan vibe downtown but it gets into podunk and opioid epidemic territory really fast.

Leesburg/Loudon County area always seems to be VT/UNC/Penn State type schools it feels

Advertisement
Back