Fletcher Westphal 4* 2024 OT from the DMV

Advertisement
Recruiting is so poor we’re going after DMV employees? These coaches just don’t get it.
Don't make fun our our DMV pride! 😂

1689044061128.png

Yea he isnt really from the area i would usually say to target...

Im thinking the Upper Marlboro, Silver Spring, Pg county area, or maybe even in Arlington northern va would have some players every so often.

Im find with Baltimore as wlel as ST frances is a juggernaut think we should get a foot in there too.
Most of those kids aren’t actually from BMore but your point still stands

Advertisement
This kid is a .9060, and he actually brought their average down.
I am going to need a 4-8 season from them and at least 5 blue-chip decommits, along with a minimum 8-4 UM season.
All of that won’t matter. Napier is redeeming himself on the recruiting trail and Mario has taken a step back. This season’s record won’t have that much if an impact on the ‘24 class.

Fletcher Westphal, a 4* 2024 OT from the DMV area is on the Sebastian Lane show tonight w/Rasta & Dave. Apparently he came down for the spring game and was offered that weekend. Says he currently excels in the run game but has work to do in the pass game.

He's 6'8" 330 as a sophomore! Says he's not yet met the class ambassador Tripp though both are from the DMV.

I need to talk to him. My license is about to expire.

Advertisement
All of that won’t matter. Napier is redeeming himself on the recruiting trail and Mario has taken a step back. This season’s record won’t have that much if an impact on the ‘24 class.
Disagree. This seasons record and the offensive performance WILL have an impact on WR and QB flip candidates come signing day. There ARE WR's and QB's watching closely to see how this Dawson offense performs. If the execution shows QB / WR performance then there will be a couple of surprises.

The uncertainty and quality of the ACC is killing schools like Clemson, Miami, and FSU in recruiting IMO.

This Fletcher kid was longtime considered a Clemson lean. Clemson lost out to Florida, take that in.

These SEC and even BIG10 schools are pounding it in these kids heads about conference strength, and if you play in our conference it's best vs. best, the elites, and you aren't getting that other leagues.

Think about all the battles we've lost out to for middling teams(Yes we are also) to teams like Arkansas.

The SEC has been the best league year in and year out, BUT it's been mainly carried by Alabama and Georgia.

Tenneseee finally has had a good year last year. LSU rose up big in 2019.

62SEC
55Big Ten
32ACC

ACC has been behind both in draft picks produced. ACC has won 3 of last 10 National titles, Big 10 has won 1.

2021 NFL Draft by conference​

• SEC -- 65
  • Big Ten -- 44
  • ACC -- 42

I do think it's a real problem teams like Miami, Clemson, and FSU are facing. More than anything they are getting Conference negative recruited.

I know the ACC isn't as good as those 2 as a conference, but you can still win a NC and go to the NFL in the ACC.

Advertisement
I ain’t know so many posters on here was from my neck of the woods.
Where are you from? I’m a current DC resident, grew up in Baltimore County and I sold my house in Dec in Baltimore city. Also looking to buy a house in Bethesda soon.

As a DC resident, I can confirm this. Matter of fact, I’m currently training someone at work who is committing from WV to our office in DC burbs in MD.
Remember when Fredericksburg and Centerville were "far" DC commutes??

Now Richmomd is standard.

The uncertainty and quality of the ACC is killing schools like Clemson, Miami, and FSU in recruiting IMO.

This Fletcher kid was longtime considered a Clemson lean. Clemson lost out to Florida, take that in.

These SEC and even BIG10 schools are pounding it in these kids heads about conference strength, and if you play in our conference it's best vs. best, the elites, and you aren't getting that other leagues.

Think about all the battles we've lost out to for middling teams(Yes we are also) to teams like Arkansas.

The SEC has been the best league year in and year out, BUT it's been mainly carried by Alabama and Georgia.

Tenneseee finally has had a good year last year. LSU rose up big in 2019.

62SEC
55Big Ten
32ACC

ACC has been behind both in draft picks produced. ACC has won 3 of last 10 National titles, Big 10 has won 1.

2021 NFL Draft by conference​

• SEC -- 65
  • Big Ten -- 44
  • ACC -- 42

I do think it's a real problem teams like Miami, Clemson, and FSU are facing. More than anything they are getting Conference negative recruited.

I know the ACC isn't as good as those 2 as a conference, but you can still win a NC and go to the NFL in the ACC.
Clemson has the #12 class with only 14 commits and a 91.57 average. No one ahead of them has less than 16 with a 4 having 20 or more. They’re recruiting right around where they always recruit. FSU is having their best HS recruiting of the Norvell era.

Advertisement
As a DC resident, I can confirm this. Matter of fact, I’m currently training someone at work who is committing from WV to our office in DC burbs in MD.

I live and work in MoCo and I’ve worked with folks that live in HF, Charles town, etc and ride the MARC door to door in about 45-55 mins to MoCo.

Yeap...I also worked with a couple of folks who commutted to Maryland, just outside DC, from York, PA. In fairness, they were on-site 2-3 days per week.
Me too, I used to work in Baltimore city and had multiple colleagues committing from York Pa. They claimed that the drive isn’t that bad (45-1hr each way).

Advertisement
Back