Fletcher Westphal 4* 2024 OT from the DMV

Clemson has the #12 class with only 14 commits and a 91.57 average. No one ahead of them has less than 16 with a 4 having 20 or more. They’re recruiting right around where they always recruit. FSU is having their best HS recruiting of the Norvell era.
FSU having their best class under Norvell is a low bar my friend. This is FSU that used to camp out in the top 5 year after year. There are a lot of big fish still out there, and it isn't going to be FSU signing them.

From 2018-2021 Clemson signed #7, #12, #5, and #3 classes. You think they aren't getting effected? Ok

They are not bringing in as many special talents either. I follow recruiting for them, we have family ties to program, their recruiting has dipped some. They are trying to juice up this class, getting Sammy Brown, but he is less than an hour away from Clemson so location greatly helped that one. They got 1 big time WR from Texas, but already lost Coleman 5 star WR to Texas A&M last week. Again another mid tier SEC team.

Advertisement
FSU having their best class under Norvell is a low bar my friend. This is FSU that used to camp out in the top 5 year after year. There are a lot of big fish still out there, and it isn't going to be FSU signing them.

From 2018-2021 Clemson signed #7, #12, #5, and #3 classes. You think they aren't getting effected? Ok

They are not bringing in as many special talents either. I follow recruiting for them, we have family ties to program, their recruiting has dipped some. They are trying to juice up this class, getting Sammy Brown, but he is less than an hour away from Clemson so location greatly helped that one. They got 1 big time WR from Texas, but already lost Coleman 5 star WR to Texas A&M last week. Again another mid tier SEC team.
Why’d you leave out 2022 and 2023 when they ended with the 10th and 11th class? Is it because from 2018-2021 they were coming off winning a championship in 2016 and 2018 while being one of the most stable coaching staffs in all of football? So what changed in 2022? Their 2 longtime Coordinators left for HC positions and were replaced with internal hires. Is it possible that may have cause their recruiting to “dip some”?

Whether it’s a low bar or not for Norvell is irrelevant, they’re having a better class and it’s not affecting them. Are you suggesting if it wasn’t for the conference uncertainty FSU would be landing a top 5 class like they did under previous highly regarded recruiters?

Why’d you leave out 2022 and 2023 when they ended with the 10th and 11th class? Is it because from 2018-2021 they were coming off winning a championship in 2016 and 2018 while being one of the most stable coaching staffs in all of football? So what changed in 2022? Their 2 longtime Coordinators left for HC positions and were replaced with internal hires. Is it possible that may have cause their recruiting to “dip some”?

Whether it’s a low bar or not for Norvell is irrelevant, they’re having a better class and it’s not affecting them. Are you suggesting if it wasn’t for the conference uncertainty FSU would be landing a top 5 class like they did under previous highly regarded recruiters?
I'm suggesting that all 3 would sign better classes if they were in the SEC and or Big 10.

I'm suggesting that opposing schools are using their conference to positive recruit their schools, and to negative recruit ACC schools.

I'm suggesting that it's a hurdle that the aforementioned teams have to recruit against.

Advertisement
Back