Flagrant (Mis)Spotting of the Ball

I don't think the helmet crap is soft society, just a couple white dudes who don't like any flair lol. remember the old days you were to hand the ball off to the ref and go to the sidelines.
True, but remember it was the gentlemanly thing to do, & taunting was considered bad sportsmanship b/c the opponent’s feelings were hurt. F that. Lol. When I saw the down “hook ‘em horns” was an issue, I knew this chit was getting out of control.

Last edited:
Advertisement
it wasn't logged on the espn play by play, but it was called unsportsmanlike on williams for removing his helmet. based on how low-effort the tv production of our game was are you surprised that they missed it in the game log? the refs sucked but this wasn't them spotting them free yardage.
One of the biggest plays of the season and no one watching on TV got to see it

True, but remember it was the gentlemanly think to do, & taunting was considered bad sportsmanship b/c the opponent’s feelings were hurt. F that. Lol. When I saw the down “hook ‘em horns” was an issue, I knew this chit was getting out of control.
Yeah I don’t think they should take their helmets off or anything but if it’s ok to run around doing then Upside Down U then what are we really enforcing here?

I didnt mind the head first dive, Dude just got under him and kinda lifted him, then got clocked by a second dude coming over the top. HI also disagree he had the line by a yard or two but in the moment he likely knew he was close. Didnt try to make the big play, didnt want to get stuffed so dove forward. See below screenshot, looks like the his feet were a yard behind, defender is chopping his legs and he is already diving forward, not trying to hurdle him and #9 was the dude that clocked him, both of them laid motionless on the ground for a lil bit.

View attachment 159574

And tell your ref boy wtf was he doing. I get it can be hard like you said if you do not see it but uhhh...... you telling me he did not see this?!?!? View attachment 159575

Like he could not have had a better view and you can see there it is perfectly straight, you can see white in between so it clearly is fully out of bounds at this point, now look where his foot is....

View attachment 159576

and that is exactly where he spotted in. the condensed game does not show him re-setting the ball but pretty sure White hate puts it down right on the yellow line and he grabs it and puts it back where is foot is.
I agree...in real time I'm not sure where his eyes were, but in that instance I'd say it should've been on the spot and let the other refs work clean up on everything else happening...if it weren't for replay we'd surely been screwed....I have had games where I can't sleep at night because I know I missed a call.... I'd only hope that he'd felt that way if there was no instant replay and that ruling winded up costing us.....

Advertisement
It's amazing how much of a failure the ACCN is. You telling me the best ad slots they can sell during undoubtedly the network's 12 peak weeks are ******* infomercials??? The hole that network must be burning in ESPN's wallet would have me so giddy if it weren't for the fact that I have to actually watch that abomination of a channel from time to time.

Considering the quality of companies that advertise on ACCN I'm sure if we looked into it we could buy an ad slot for $30 blasting Blake Baker and UM though. We should look into that.
I loved the CIS commercial.

Well done, especially montage of porster glam shots of "join our family".

Warmed the heart they did.

James Williams' interception was at the 4 yard line, but the ball was spotted at the 2 yard line. Anyone know why? I don't recall seeing a penalty even though Williams took off his helmet for a second. Check the play by play detail on ESPN, There was no penalty.
View attachment 159551

Here is Williams at the 4 yard line.

View attachment 159553

First down from the 2??????

View attachment 159554

the refs were trying to ***** Miami. How rare!
Yeah I saw that. The one that was worse than that was when the ball rolled out of bounds and got placed right at the first down marker and then the ref slid it back a yard sneakily and looked around after to make sure he wasn't caught. I freaking lost my **** and decided to **** off the balcony on my neighbors Gator Flag.

Advertisement
Williams talks and is fired up all game. We’re going to have to deal with some penalties.

The officiating was very bad in that game. If you re-watch and just look for all of the missed calls or bad calls, etc, It will literally blow your mind, and it honestly went both ways.

Even the Fumble that rolled out of bounds at the end...the dude stood directly over the top of the ball and still tried to mark it short, LMAO.

I hate this rule too and love Williams, but someone needs to reel him in a bit - show him that he can play with passion w/o putting the team at risk for unnecessary penalties (even if the rule is dumb). There have been several times every game over the last few weeks where I cringe b/c he does something after the play that seems like it is likely to draw a flag.
I watched it. He literally took it off and then immediately realized he couldn't and put it back on. The helmet was off for a split second and zero taunting was involved he could have just as easily been checking the chin strap on it they way it looked on TV.

Yeah I looked in the game log but I can see ESPN missing it if the announcers or TV crew never mentioned it, some one at the game said it was a personal foul. Which would make sense based on the spot, he was down at the 4-5, half the distance to the goal is around the 2. Unsure who it was on or why it was called, I think a lot of people are assuming helmet because he did take it off, but only for like a second and right back on, ran to the stands, then took it off.

Calls went both ways all game, the craziest to me was the ball spot on the Mallory fumble. Like it was a slowwwww rolling ball, not something that was shot out of a cannon hard to place, ref is standing right there, not like he was running down the sideline, then someone spotted it correctly and this ******* moves it back half a yard, no where close to where it went out.
He did that the entire game. Actually I notice bad spotting happen to us every game. The opposing team’s plays are spotted generously as well.

Advertisement
I didnt mind the head first dive, Dude just got under him and kinda lifted him, then got clocked by a second dude coming over the top. HI also disagree he had the line by a yard or two but in the moment he likely knew he was close. Didnt try to make the big play, didnt want to get stuffed so dove forward. See below screenshot, looks like the his feet were a yard behind, defender is chopping his legs and he is already diving forward, not trying to hurdle him and #9 was the dude that clocked him, both of them laid motionless on the ground for a lil bit.

View attachment 159574

And tell your ref boy wtf was he doing. I get it can be hard like you said if you do not see it but uhhh...... you telling me he did not see this?!?!? View attachment 159575

Like he could not have had a better view and you can see there it is perfectly straight, you can see white in between so it clearly is fully out of bounds at this point, now look where his foot is....

View attachment 159576

and that is exactly where he spotted in. the condensed game does not show him re-setting the ball but pretty sure White hate puts it down right on the yellow line and he grabs it and puts it back where is foot is.
The ref was RIGHT ON TOP OF IT! And I swear when I had rewound it that he looked at the yard to gain and put his foot to mark the ball behind it. There is no way that wasn’t on purpose.

Advertisement
Back