Flagrant (Mis)Spotting of the Ball

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
James Williams' interception was at the 4 yard line, but the ball was spotted at the 2 yard line. Anyone know why? I don't recall seeing a penalty even though Williams took off his helmet for a second. Check the play by play detail on ESPN, There was no penalty.
4 yard line.PNG

Here is Williams at the 4 yard line.

2 yard line.PNG

First down from the 2??????

espn.PNG

the refs were trying to ***** Miami. How rare!

Advertisement
James Williams' interception was at the 4 yard line, but the ball was spotted at the 2 yard line. Anyone know why? I don't recall seeing a penalty even though Williams took off his helmet for a second. Check the play by play detail on ESPN, There was no penalty.
View attachment 159551

Here is Williams at the 4 yard line.

View attachment 159553

First down from the 2??????

View attachment 159554
I think someone said there might have been an unsportsmanlike buy I didn't see any flags post. int

Advertisement
i didn't see the penalty nor is it in the espn play by play log??
it wasn't logged on the espn play by play, but it was called unsportsmanlike on williams for removing his helmet. based on how low-effort the tv production of our game was are you surprised that they missed it in the game log? the refs sucked but this wasn't them spotting them free yardage.

it wasn't logged on the espn play by play, but it was called unsportsmanlike on williams for removing his helmet. based on how low-effort the tv production of our game was are you surprised that they missed it in the game log?
production sucked. thanks

Advertisement
It's amazing how much of a failure the ACCN is. You telling me the best ad slots they can sell during undoubtedly the network's 12 peak weeks are ******* infomercials??? The hole that network must be burning in ESPN's wallet would have me so giddy if it weren't for the fact that I have to actually watch that abomination of a channel from time to time.

Considering the quality of companies that advertise on ACCN I'm sure if we looked into it we could buy an ad slot for $30 blasting Blake Baker and UM though. We should look into that.

Williams took his helmet off. I think that drew an unsportsmanlike (on a side note - I hate that rule).
I hate this rule too and love Williams, but someone needs to reel him in a bit - show him that he can play with passion w/o putting the team at risk for unnecessary penalties (even if the rule is dumb). There have been several times every game over the last few weeks where I cringe b/c he does something after the play that seems like it is likely to draw a flag.

It's amazing how much of a failure the ACCN is. You telling me the best ad slots they can sell during undoubtedly the network's 12 peak weeks are ******* infomercials??? The hole that network must be burning in ESPN's wallet would have me so giddy if it weren't for the fact that I have to actually watch that abomination of a channel from time to time.

Considering the quality of companies that advertise on ACCN I'm sure if we looked into it we could buy an ad slot for $30 blasting Blake Baker and UM though. We should look into that.
Let's get the Tac Shaver fake military guy to narrate it. lol "I'm gonna do something I never do, blast Manny and Blake"

I hate this rule too and love Williams, but someone needs to reel him in a bit - show him that he can play with passion w/o putting the team at risk for unnecessary penalties (even if the rule is dumb). There have been several times every game over the last few weeks where I cringe b/c he does something after the play that seems like it is likely to draw a flag.
Someone in another thread said it wasn't on JW, but on Gil.

Advertisement

i've gone all-in on the tactical flashlight to blind strangers that are just strolling along in the dark minding their own business.

Advertisement

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

i didn't see the penalty nor is it in the espn play by play log??

Yeah I looked in the game log but I can see ESPN missing it if the announcers or TV crew never mentioned it, some one at the game said it was a personal foul. Which would make sense based on the spot, he was down at the 4-5, half the distance to the goal is around the 2. Unsure who it was on or why it was called, I think a lot of people are assuming helmet because he did take it off, but only for like a second and right back on, ran to the stands, then took it off.

Calls went both ways all game, the craziest to me was the ball spot on the Mallory fumble. Like it was a slowwwww rolling ball, not something that was shot out of a cannon hard to place, ref is standing right there, not like he was running down the sideline, then someone spotted it correctly and this ******* moves it back half a yard, no where close to where it went out.

Williams was definitely flagged for taking his helmet off. The actual game feed shows the flag flying in. He needs to be better with that. If that was ruled an incomplete pass, Pitt would have gotten the 15 yard penalty.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back