Flagrant (Mis)Spotting of the Ball

Oh i know what he did...but he didnt take it off long enough for a flag i dont think...Running to the sidelines with it off doesnt really matter because thats allowed.

I know one of the players caught his *** b4 he went full throttle with the helmet off.

*Nevermind.....watching the clip and part you stated....The black ref was looking directly at him for whatever reason when he took off the helmet. Likely was on him. Frierson is in the clip and doesnt appear to have anyone around him to warrant a penalty.
That may have been the same black ref who kicked mallory's fumble spot back half a yard lol dude had it out for us. The full game, not condensed show it a little longer but year he didnt just pop it off for a second, still a dumb rule.

Advertisement
It's all the other half yard here, full yard there that gets to me. Over the course of an entire game that crap adds up. They even tried it on the spot for the Mallory fumble. Time after time after time.

I think someone said there might have been an unsportsmanlike buy I didn't see any flags post. int
Makes sense if it were a flag....go back half the distance. Camera man in that game was horrible....completely missed the TVD pass after the Knighton near safety...friggin camera man stayed on TVD and didn't go with the ball smh. So while we were watching the Knighton safety review they likely administered that penalty on JW

Makes sense if it were a flag....go back half the distance. Camera man in that game was horrible....completely missed the TVD pass after the Knighton near safety...friggin camera man stayed on TVD and didn't go with the ball smh. So while we were watching the Knighton safety review they likely administered that penalty on JW

lol I lost it at that one. I hear the announcer go what a pass by TVD and all you see is TVD in the back end zone not knowing what the **** happened.

I did see JW take his helmet when he was getting off the field but didn't see the flag

Williams took his helmet off. I think that drew an unsportsmanlike (on a side note - I hate that rule).
The youngin was out of the end zone celebrating going back to his side of the field. It’s not like he pulled a “Lamar Thomas” and took it off in the middle of the field and ran to the sidelines.

Stupid rule. Like I hate how CFB is really trying to take the fun out of being a kid. This whole sensitive, soft society is getting on my f’ing nerves. U make ur 1st int as a TF, let him celebrate. The opponent can’t handle it? Stop throwing ints!

Advertisement
The youngin was out of the end zone celebrating going back to his side of the field. It’s like he pulled a “Lamar Thomas” and took it off in the middle of the field and ran to the sidelines.

Stupid rule. Like I hate how CFB is really trying to take the fun out of being a kid. This whole sensitive, soft society is getting on my f’ing nerves. U make ur 1st int as a TF, let him celebrate. The opponent can’t handle it? Stop throwing ints!

I don't think the helmet crap is soft society, just a couple white dudes who don't like any flair lol. remember the old days you were to hand the ball off to the ref and go to the sidelines.

Wait, so Gil got a flag for waving bye to the crowd just moments b/4 Rooster runs into his OL in the end zone?! LMAO. That was almost quite a self-own.

The officiating was pretty bad Saturday. We got blessed with the Rooster call. But that supposed TD catch on the 1st drive? In what world is that a catch?
Man.....bruh.....I couldn't believe what I was watching.....you have to survive the ground PERIOD...Kam popped him and the ball came out...

Our kids might as well expect that due to our "talent" advantage the refs will give benefit of the doubt to the lesser perceived "talented" kids. It's horse crap and absolutely ridiculous.

The spot on the Mallory fumble was terrible, not sure what that ref was looking at.
This!

I thought that’s what this thread would be about...

But that ref literally moved the ball back by 2 &1/2 yards & would’ve had us on a 4th down if it wasn’t for automatic review of all turnover plays.

Also that first catch by Taysir Mack on 3rd & 14 that resulted in a Pitts first TD should’ve been ruled a fumble, because he caught the ball made a football move & then dropped it right before he hit the ground.

Advertisement
Oh i know what he did...but he didnt take it off long enough for a flag i dont think...Running to the sidelines with it off doesnt really matter because thats allowed.

I know one of the players caught his *** b4 he went full throttle with the helmet off.

*Nevermind.....watching the clip and part you stated....The black ref was looking directly at him for whatever reason when he took off the helmet. Likely was on him. Frierson is in the clip and doesnt appear to have anyone around him to warrant a penalty.
Lol.....you know what's hilarious about that.....that ref working the chains is in my ref association....he's apart of those that train us every off-season LOL....I literally see this guy and speak to him multiple times a year....he was bred with the old guard type and those guys HATE the unsportsmanlike acts and taunting etc, so yeah immediately following the INT he likely keyed in on our kids to see if anything crossed the ol' unsportsmanlike line....and if we're being honest, JW20 helmet off on the field was a big no-no lol......

I'm much more likely to flag a coach than a player on that stuff because the coaches need to be leading by example....I'll give the kid a warning if I deem it excessive but assistant coaches screaming at me over calls and non-calls...they get the 15.....Head Coach gets a little more latitude as you might notice that HCs are always seen cursing out refs on the sidelines lol but you'll never see an assistant doing it lol

This!

I thought that’s what this thread would be about...

But that ref literally moved the ball back by 2 &1/2 yards & would’ve had us on a 4th down if it wasn’t for automatic review of all turnover plays.

Also that first catch by Taysir Mack on 3rd & 14 that resulted in a Pitts first TD should’ve been ruled a fumble, because he caught the ball made a football move & then dropped it right before he hit the ground.
I can tell you also spots are extremely tough, and the one thing that hurts badly is as a ref if you don't see it....because rest assured someone else saw it plainly so if you guess wrong ur getting lit up by one side or the other.......I used to think refs should be perfect too.....until I became one lol

lol I lost it at that one. I hear the announcer go what a pass by TVD and all you see is TVD in the back end zone not knowing what the **** happened.

I did see JW take his helmet when he was getting off the field but didn't see the flag
Lol only reason i knew it was good for us was by our kids reaction LOL.....then flippin Mallory puts the ball on the ground....can someone, anyone, explain to me why he was jumping??? He already had the line to gain by a yard or two, and decides to go airborne......for the life of me I don't see how you don't lower your shoulder and just fall forward and the game is over......a friggin Sr doing this.....unbelievable and almost literally single-handedly cost us the game...wow...can't make this stuff up....make the play of the game followed by the bonehead play of the game all in the same play LOL

James Williams' interception was at the 4 yard line, but the ball was spotted at the 2 yard line. Anyone know why? I don't recall seeing a penalty even though Williams took off his helmet for a second. Check the play by play detail on ESPN, There was no penalty.
View attachment 159551

Here is Williams at the 4 yard line.

View attachment 159553

First down from the 2??????

View attachment 159554

the refs were trying to ***** Miami. How rare!
James took off his helmet and they threw a flag for unsportsmanlike. I don't remember if they mentioned it but they didn't say anything after the break because the announcers sucked as hard as the refs.

Advertisement
It's amazing how much of a failure the ACCN is. You telling me the best ad slots they can sell during undoubtedly the network's 12 peak weeks are ******* infomercials??? The hole that network must be burning in ESPN's wallet would have me so giddy if it weren't for the fact that I have to actually watch that abomination of a channel from time to time.

Considering the quality of companies that advertise on ACCN I'm sure if we looked into it we could buy an ad slot for $30 blasting Blake Baker and UM though. We should look into that.
That network still isn't available on Comcast/Xfinity. lots of eyeballs its unavailable to. their production is atrocious that is for sure

It's amazing how much of a failure the ACCN is. You telling me the best ad slots they can sell during undoubtedly the network's 12 peak weeks are ******* infomercials??? The hole that network must be burning in ESPN's wallet would have me so giddy if it weren't for the fact that I have to actually watch that abomination of a channel from time to time.

Considering the quality of companies that advertise on ACCN I'm sure if we looked into it we could buy an ad slot for $30 blasting Blake Baker and UM though. We should look into that.
Remember at the beginning of the season when we accidentally got ACCN on Comcast for like 5 hours?

The network is a joke and its headquarters should be relocated to the surface of the sun.

Advertisement
Lol only reason i knew it was good for us was by our kids reaction LOL.....then flippin Mallory puts the ball on the ground....can someone, anyone, explain to me why he was jumping??? He already had the line to gain by a yard or two, and decides to go airborne......for the life of me I don't see how you don't lower your shoulder and just fall forward and the game is over......a friggin Sr doing this.....unbelievable and almost literally single-handedly cost us the game...wow...can't make this stuff up....make the play of the game followed by the bonehead play of the game all in the same play LOL
I didnt mind the head first dive, Dude just got under him and kinda lifted him, then got clocked by a second dude coming over the top. HI also disagree he had the line by a yard or two but in the moment he likely knew he was close. Didnt try to make the big play, didnt want to get stuffed so dove forward. See below screenshot, looks like the his feet were a yard behind, defender is chopping his legs and he is already diving forward, not trying to hurdle him and #9 was the dude that clocked him, both of them laid motionless on the ground for a lil bit.

MIami Pitt.png

And tell your ref boy wtf was he doing. I get it can be hard like you said if you do not see it but uhhh...... you telling me he did not see this?!?!?
Miami Ptt 2.png

Like he could not have had a better view and you can see there it is perfectly straight, you can see white in between so it clearly is fully out of bounds at this point, now look where his foot is....

Miamit Pitt 3.png

and that is exactly where he spotted in. the condensed game does not show him re-setting the ball but pretty sure White hate puts it down right on the yellow line and he grabs it and puts it back where is foot is.

In general, the officiating has been so questionable. All across the board, I am seeing so many questionable late hits (particularly to QB), targeting, and PI. These plays are just killer sometimes. 15 yards and a first down is huge for an offense. If we have review, then we ought to try to get it right. I know that slows the game down considerably but coaches should be able to challenge 1 or 2 a half. Make it reviewable.

Lately, the one that's killing me is where a defender comes late when an offensive players is on his way down but not yet down and being called for unsportsmanlike conduct or late hit. Like the one called on JHH against UNC (?) was just awful.

He avoids contact at all cost

Advertisement
Back