Flagg Officially Commits

If we’re throwing nfl linebackers under 6 feet out there I’ll put those out there. No way am I comparing some kid that hasn’t played a down in college to nfl HOF’ers. But it’s possible to have a shorter dude play the position
Yeah didn't FSU have that legendary unforgettable great LB from Daytona Beach name Buster something or other?

Advertisement
I hope he's the kind of three star kid who plays with a chip on his shoulder. A Butch Davis type. Some people round here still salty over dude leaving but his eye for talent and evaluation is unmatched.

I see a lot of people asking questions, that obviously shows that they do not watch tapes. It's cool if you have not watch the tape and ask questions, but for the people who try to ridicule prospects and make judgments without watching the tape need to stfu.
Why?

Bill Murray on SNL used to make Academy Award predictions without seeing the movies.

It's like going on a blind date....they always tell you the girl is good-looking (or they say "cute" if it's a girl setting you up). Then you go to her place....

I don't know if today's young people do this stuff...it's something out of the '60's.

Advertisement
Linebacker is one of the true position where speed/quickness and 40 times usually translates the best. Recently that’s certianly the case.
"
LB's.PNG

Really, the big surprise for me here was the weight threshold. I expected a lot of players to be in the 180-pound range that were rangy in space and super athletic. The average weight coming out was 216 pounds, with only a couple even under 200 pounds. Much like WR seems to be dominated by route-running as a skill, LB seems to be dominated by an ability to use your instincts for production, but you have to have a certain level of speed and quickness to reach high levels."

According to Roffers, you're not exactly right

"
LB's.PNG's.PNG

Really, the big surprise for me here was the weight threshold. I expected a lot of players to be in the 180-pound range that were rangy in space and super athletic. The average weight coming out was 216 pounds, with only a couple even under 200 pounds. Much like WR seems to be dominated by route-running as a skill, LB seems to be dominated by an ability to use your instincts for production, but you have to have a certain level of speed and quickness to reach high levels."

According to Roffers, you're not exactly right
I meant to add in terms of like the high top 100 draft picks. Speed/quickness directly translates there imo in terms of where linebackers are getting selected in the draft

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the Big 12 being straight trash we need to start raiding Texas for talent. We should have no problem beating out OSU, TCU, etc. for recruits. We may even have a shot at competing with Texas for recruits. The only schools we can't go head to head with over there are TAMU and OU.

Except the Texas and OU bag game is pretty good. Not Clemson/Alabama/LSU/OSU good, but it ain't Shirley's House of Flowers either.

Advertisement
Except the Texas and OU bag game is pretty good. Not Clemson/Alabama/LSU/OSU good, but it ain't Shirley's House of Flowers either.

Did you finish reading my comment?

I said we MAY even have a shot at competing with Texas for recruits. The only schools we can't go head to head with are TAMU and OU.

I literally said we can't go against OU. I said we "May have a shot" at Texas.

Advertisement
Back