F''k It.. Ban me for another year

Ohhhhhh really?

Well, he was 7-6 yr 1 at TT, 3-9 yr at WASU, & 4-7 yr 1 at MSU.

What’s the odds he would be struggling yr 1 here? And I don’t wanna hear it, b/c MSU was 8-5, 6-7 before he took over, eerily similar to 8-3, 7-5 Miami.
I'll be clear Leach is not my dude. But all the teams he's coached had a talent deficit vs the competition. Texas Tech, Washington State, n Mississippi State has always n will always be at the bottom in their conference yet every so often Leach has a 9 10 or 11 win season. He wouldn't have a talent deficit at Miami, imo we don't have a talent deficit now.

I don't want Leach as the HC at Miami but purely just talking about coaching he might be better than what we got. Leach has won with lesser talent, Mario has lost with superior talent.

Also don't compare the SEC west with the crappy Coastal. UNC is Literally the only good team in the division n they are very beatable.

Advertisement
I remember when I use to get banned all the time… I miss the aura of rebellion

View attachment 214534
Now you're the poster boy for the CIS rehabilitation program. You've become the head Mario cheerleader and program sunshine pumper spreading positivity in nearly every post.

This is what you were born for, you're a pillar of light during this dark time guiding all Cane's fans to realization that we need to trust all things Mario.

I'll be clear Leach is not my dude. But all the teams he's coached had a talent deficit vs the competition. Texas Tech, Washington State, n Mississippi State has always n will always be at the bottom in their conference yet every so often Leach has a 9 10 or 11 win season. He wouldn't have a talent deficit at Miami, imo we don't have a talent deficit now.

I don't want Leach as the HC at Miami but purely just talking about coaching he might be better than what we got. Leach has won with lesser talent, Mario has lost with superior talent.

Also don't compare the SEC west with the crappy Coastal. UNC is Literally the only good team in the division n they are very beatable.

What doesn't make sense, though, is that Mario allegedly can't even compete with terrible Coastal teams, but he somehow took his team and his players into Columbus and won. And Ohio State is 64-3 in Columbus since 2012. To now say that he can't even win with superior talent just isn't rational. There has to be more to the story.

What doesn't make sense, though, is that Mario allegedly can't even compete with terrible Coastal teams, but he somehow took his team and his players into Columbus and won. And Ohio State is 64-3 in Columbus since 2012. To now say that he can't even win with superior talent just isn't rational. There has to be more to the story.
I was actually talking about when he was at Oregon. He had superior talent n would lose to lesser teams.

We’re counting FIU now? Mario may not be the guy, but wanting to pull the cord this soon is crazy talk. If the class falls apart then I’d start worrying, but he deserves more than a partial season before we decide if he’s the guy. This season has been bad, but I’ll wait to see how he responds before calling his hiring a bust.
Michigan was 2-4 with 3 double digit losses in 2020. Harbaugh says how do you like me now!!
Jesus…..

Leach has been coaching for 21 yrs; he’s won 10+ games 2x in his entire career. His avg. win/season is 7-5.

On my mama, this board is obsessed w/ 7-5 coaches. I can accept the Kiffin obsession, but Leach? Who’s currently 17-16 at MSU?

Why r u folks infatuated w/ 7-5? Exciting offense, bro.
You have to admit (sarcasm) 7-5 looks pretty good right now. Leach is not the answer I agree with that.

Advertisement
I was actually talking about when he was at Oregon. He had superior talent n would lose to lesser teams.

Oh, like Ohio State.

Other than Kirby Smart and maybe Nick Saban, are there any coaches who don't lose games to teams with "less talent"?

He did have a couple puzzling games, for sure. And I think that was really the only concern for those of us who wanted him here.

However, and this might be foolish or a cop-out, but I will throw the Covid year out entirely. For everyone. If you do that, his first year he went 9-4. Building a program and getting his kids, so that year is what it is. Then year 2, he goes 12-2. Wins the Rose Bowl. Wins the PAC-12. Loses Week 1 to an SEC team at a neutral site in a 1 score game, no total shame in that. And then loses by a field goal on the road to Arizona State, who went 8-5 but certainly had less talent than Oregon. Although, they did have a freshman QB named Jayden Daniels, who is doing some things these days down in Baton Rouge. They also had Brandon Aiyuk, an NFL starter, and Eno Benjamin, an NFL starter the past month while James Conner has been hurt. So it wasn't exactly Middle Tennessee St. Still, Oregon was favored, and they lost a game by a FG. Not great.

2021, he goes 10-3. Loses on the road in overtime to Stanford, in a game they had a 99.9% win probability at one point. Again, the in-game coaching. But still, it's an OT loss on the road in a game where Stanford scored to tie the game with literally zero time on the clock. And then he gets drilled twice by Utah, once on the road and once in Vegas in the PAC-12 champ game. Utah did have a pretty **** good football team last year, however, but still, they got smoked twice.

If you look at his two "normal" years though, they went 22-5, with a neutral loss by 6 to Auburn, a road loss to ASU by 3, an OT road loss to Stanford, and the 2 drubbings by Utah. Not sure the whole "lost to a bunch of teams with less talent" argument holds solid. He did have a couple games that were questionable. But if you told me the next 2 years we'd go 22-5, win the ACC once, win the Orange Bowl, and have a couple one score losses on the road to teams like UNC and Pitt, I think I'd sign up for that rather quickly.

He did have a couple puzzling games, for sure. And I think that was really the only concern for those of us who wanted him here.

However, and this might be foolish or a cop-out, but I will throw the Covid year out entirely. For everyone. If you do that, his first year he went 9-4. Building a program and getting his kids, so that year is what it is. Then year 2, he goes 12-2. Wins the Rose Bowl. Wins the PAC-12. Loses Week 1 to an SEC team at a neutral site in a 1 score game, no total shame in that. And then loses by a field goal on the road to Arizona State, who went 8-5 but certainly had less talent than Oregon. Although, they did have a freshman QB named Jayden Daniels, who is doing some things these days down in Baton Rouge. They also had Brandon Aiyuk, an NFL starter, and Eno Benjamin, an NFL starter the past month while James Conner has been hurt. So it wasn't exactly Middle Tennessee St. Still, Oregon was favored, and they lost a game by a FG. Not great.

2021, he goes 10-3. Loses on the road in overtime to Stanford, in a game they had a 99.9% win probability at one point. Again, the in-game coaching. But still, it's an OT loss on the road in a game where Stanford scored to tie the game with literally zero time on the clock. And then he gets drilled twice by Utah, once on the road and once in Vegas in the PAC-12 champ game. Utah did have a pretty **** good football team last year, however, but still, they got smoked twice.

If you look at his two "normal" years though, they went 22-5, with a neutral loss by 6 to Auburn, a road loss to ASU by 3, an OT road loss to Stanford, and the 2 drubbings by Utah. Not sure the whole "lost to a bunch of teams with less talent" argument holds solid. He did have a couple games that were questionable. But if you told me the next 2 years we'd go 22-5, win the ACC once, win the Orange Bowl, and have a couple one score losses on the road to teams like UNC and Pitt, I think I'd sign up for that rather quickly.
After a PI that was far less egregious than calls that could have been made earlier. Still, shouldn't have been that position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Leach has won with lesser talent, Mario has lost with superior talent.

Because Leach recruits lesser talent, while Mario recruits superior talent. It's why Leach ain't it. Mario may not be either, an certainly not without the rights coordinators to back him. But at least we know he can bring in CFP level talent.

After a PI that was far less egregious that calls that could have been made earlier. Still, shouldn't have been that position.

Yeah, that was terrible. I remember that game well. I kept up with him pretty closely at Oregon because in those days I liked to torture myself and think that, one day, Miami might actually care about football and spend money.

Yeah, that was terrible. I remember that game well. I kept up with him pretty closely at Oregon because in those days I liked to torture myself and think that, one day, Miami might actually care about football and spend money.
Oregon also blew an end-of-first-half opportunity inside the Stanford 2. Went for the TD last play of the half, but the RB or QB was stuffed for no gain or a loss. I think OC Joe Morehead was not coaching, due to illness.

This game was for those not wanting Mario as Miami HC, whereas the upset at Ohio State was for the Mario supporters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because Leach recruits lesser talent, while Mario recruits superior talent. It's why Leach ain't it. Mario may not be either, an certainly not without the rights coordinators to back him. But at least we know he can bring in CFP level talent.
Even if Leach was a nearly elite recruiter, do u think he could get elite dudes to go to Texas Tech Washington State n Mississippi State consistently? You don't think there's a ceiling in those places?

Even if Leach was a nearly elite recruiter, do u think he could get elite dudes to go to Texas Tech Washington State n Mississippi State consistently? You don't think there's a ceiling in those places?
Washington State and Mississippi State, most definitely. But I think an elite recruiter would still have a high ceiling at Texas Tech because of the sheer amount of talent in state. Not USC, Bama, UGA, OSU levels, but I could see an elite recruiter at TT recruiting top 15 classes. Especially with UT and TAMU down.

Bro, u’re hyper ventilating after one season.

It amazes me how, & I’m sorry to now put u in this category, how this fan base comes up w/ the most asinine excuses to defend other coach’s incompetencies, yet r soooo quick to trash one of their own.

This is the problem w/ straw-man arguments; they’re real easy to poke holes in. So for months, if not yrs, this board have stated repeatedly how trash the PAC-12 was & is, but to make an argument in defending Leach, now they’ve been put on a pedestal.

SC, UCLA, Stanford, & UO completely out recruited WASU, all them other teams? They were all clustered together ranking between the high 30’s to the high 50’s in recruiting classes. The PAC-12 has been one of the most mediocre CFB conferences since 2010, & Leach contributed to that mediocrity.

While at TT, again, yes OU & UT was the crown jewel, but let’s stop acting like the B12 was this beastly conference while Smitty Leach was there.
-Baylor?? Baylor was a f’ing laughing stock. Baylor’s best yr from 2000-2009 was 5-6. That was considered an accomplishment!

-OKSU was trash during his time at TT.

-TAMU in the Big 12 from 2000-09?? HELLA trash.

-IOWA STATE FROM 2000-09?? Dumpster Fire.

-Colorado?? Sans the miraculous 2001 season, a perennial 3-6 win program from 2000-09.

-KU Football?? Besides that pack w/ The Devil 2007 season, a perennial 3-6 win team!

-Mizzou? Back to back bravo yrs from 2007-2008, but from 2000-2006 & 2009? A 3-8 win team depending on the season.

Nebraska Conehuska Football? After we snatched their soul from them in 2001, they flirted between 4-8 wins annually.

So again, if u want a coach who’s a perennial 7-5 guy, who’s a **** poor recruiter b/c he has an “exciting offense” be my guest. Whether that’s ur boy or not, u chose to defend his mediocrity by providing him an excuse. He gets zero excuses; he’s got 21 yrs worth of data on him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Washington State and Mississippi State, most definitely. But I think an elite recruiter would still have a high ceiling at Texas Tech because of the sheer amount of talent in state. Not USC, Bama, UGA, OSU levels, but I could see an elite recruiter at TT recruiting top 15 classes. Especially with UT and TAMU down.

Mullen’s avg recruiting class was 27th while at MSU; Leach? 29th & it has dropped every yr since 2020.

Bro, u’re hyper ventilating after one season.

It amazes me how, & I’m sorry to now put u in this category, how this fan base comes up w/ the most asinine excuses to defend other coach’s incompetencies, yet r soooo quick to trash one of their own.

This is problem w/ straw-man arguments; they’re real easy to poke holes in. So for months, if not yrs, this board have stated repeatedly how trash the PAC-12 was & is, but to make an argument in defending Leach, now they’ve been put on a pedestal.

SC, UCLA, Stanford, & UO completely out recruited WASU, all them other teams? They were all clustered together ranking between the high 30’s to the high 50’s in recruiting classes. The PAC-12 has been one of the most mediocre CFB conferences since 2010, & Leach contributed to that mediocrity.

While at TT, again, yes OU & UT was the crown jewel but let’s stop acting like the B12 was this beastly conference while Smitty Leach was there.
-Baylor?? Baylor was a f’ing laughing stock. Baylor’s best yr from 2000-2009 was 5-6. That was considered an accomplishment!

-OKSU was trash during his time at TT.

-TAMU in the Big 12 from 2000-09?? HELLA trash.

-IOWA STATE FROM 2000-09?? Dumpster Fire.

-Colorado?? Sans the miraculous 2001 season, a perennial 3-6 win program from 2000-09.

-KU Football?? Besides that pack w/ The Devil 2007 season, a perennial 3-6 win team!

-Mizzou? Back to back bravo yrs from 2007-2008, but from 2000-2006 & 2009? A 3-8 win team depending on the season.

Nebraska Conehuska Football? After we snatched their soul from them in 2001, they flirted between 4-8 wins annually.

So again, if u want a coach who’s a perennial 7-5 guy, who’s a **** poor recruiter b/c he has an “exciting offense” be my guest. Whether that’s ur boy or not, u chose to defend his mediocrity by providing him an excuse. He gets zero excuses; he’s got 21 yrs worth of data on him.
So you saying another Trump backed candidate takes an L? (this is not a politics reply, maudes...we talkin football here)

Mullen’s avg recruiting class was 27th while at MSU; Leach? 29th & it has dropped every yr since 2020.

Solid point. And it's not Mullen was winning any recruiting titles. FU fans hated on his underwhelming recruiting nonstop.

98% of the posts on this board right now are complaining about the admin making bad hires, but the answer is the **** pirate? Make it make sense. I agree the guy would have an exciting offense here. He can’t recruit and is usually just over .500. That’s not the kind of coach I want.
So lets have a boring offense & and a just under .500 record..

Advertisement
Back