F''k It.. Ban me for another year

If a .500 record bothers you, that takes Mario out of contention. As far as Leach not recruiting, he is a good coach. JJ didn't win big at Oklahoma State, and he sure as **** didn't recruit at OSU like he did here. You take a good coach, put him in a big time program, and recruits come.

On the flip side, if a great recruiter can't coach, there is no fixing that. He inevitably ends with top end talent looking like scrubs, and fans clamoring for the freshmen to play.

It only takes Mario out of contention if you count FIU, which isn't fair.

If Mike Leach was capable of going into a big program and watching the recruits flock to him, he would have done it by now. Someone would have taken a chance.

Advertisement
Great post, and what I am about to say comes with legitimate respect for what you guys do....

...but a lot of the toxicity comes from lifers who seem to be grandfathered in. I don't claim to be an angel. I poke the bear as much as anyone, and I have paid for it. So has JaromirJagr ;). But I never, ever, call someone a "dumb *** mother *******" the way some of the veterans do. And I'm not saying they're always wrong. But conversations that go that direction never have a good ending, and it leads to animosity, which leads call out threads, etc.

I mean, @FrancisSawyer and I just had a disagreement and I ended up liking his last post, because neither one of us got personal. It's possible.
This post has restored my faith in mankind.

It only takes Mario out of contention if you count FIU, which isn't fair.

If Mike Leach was capable of going into a big program and watching the recruits flock to him, he would have done it by now. Someone would have taken a chance.
You mean someone like Donna Shalala?

Advertisement
Considering where he has coached(Texas Tech, Washington State and Mississippi St) Then also considering what he inherited at each spot and that he was able to turn each program around, I would say he a **** good coach.

Head coaching recordEdit

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Texas Tech Red Raiders (Big 12 Conference) (2000–2009)
2000Texas Tech7–63–54th (South)L Galleryfurniture.com
2001Texas Tech7–54–4T–3rd (South)L Alamo
2002Texas Tech9–55–3T–2nd (South)W Tangerine
2003Texas Tech8–54–44th (South)W Houston
2004Texas Tech8–45–3T–3rd (South)W Holiday1718
2005Texas Tech9–36–2T–2nd (South)L Cotton1920
2006Texas Tech8–54–44th (South)W Insight
2007Texas Tech9–44–4T–3rd (South)W Gator2322
2008Texas Tech11–27–1T–1st (South)L Cotton1212
2009Texas Tech8–45–33rd (South)Alamo*2321
Texas Tech:84–4347–33*Did not coach bowl game.
Washington State Cougars (Pac-12 Conference) (2012–2019)
2012Washington State3–91–86th (North)
2013Washington State6–74–5T–4th (North)L New Mexico
2014Washington State3–92–7T–5th (North)
2015Washington State9–46–33rd (North)W Sun
2016Washington State8–57–22nd (North)L Holiday
2017Washington State9–46–33rd (North)L Holiday
2018Washington State11–27–2T–1st (North)W Alamo1010
2019Washington State6–73–6T–5th (North)L Cheez-It
Washington State:55–4736–36
Mississippi State Bulldogs (Southeastern Conference) (2020–present)
2020Mississippi State4–73–7T–6th (West)W Armed Forces
2021Mississippi State7–64–4T–3rd (West)L Liberty
2022Mississippi State6–33–3(West)
Mississippi State:17–1610–14
Total:156–106

Whoa, whoa, whoa kemo sabe….

Let’s not add skittles to the sky.

1. Dan Mullen actually had MSU in a good position. Now, hold on…this board told me that Mario sucked as a coach, b/c he took over a 7-5 team & now they are 4-5. OK, well when Mullen left, they were 8-4. When Moorehead took over, they were 8-5 & 6-7. Mike’s 1st yr was 4-7.

2. All Leach did at Texas Tech was follow in his predecessors footsteps in Spike Dykes. He didn’t elevate them. Spike was doing the same thing; some 8 wins here, 9 wins there, 6 wins here.

3. His best coaching job came at WASU, but even w/ that said, it Leach is such a beast of a coach, then why in 8 yrs did he only top 10 games one time? I can give him a past the first two yrs, but 8 yrs?

I don’t wanna hear talent pool, b/c I’ve seen Baylor, TCU, OK St all recruit at a **** poor level compared to their competition (on paper) & fight way above their weight class. Also, if u’re going to use the recruit angle, well who’s the recruiter & why is he recruiting at such a low level for 21 yrs?

If we wanna fiend for a real coach w/ an offensive mind, fiend over Hugh Freeze. They can say he cheated all they want at Ole Miss, but he’s doing the same chit at Liberty, & I didn’t even know Liberty was a school until Hugh; but this Mike Leach obsession gotta go.

He don’t connect w/ kids, he’s a low key weirdo, & he’s 7-5 per stop, w/ a blue moon “ataboy” 10+ win season.

Yup 💯

What’s the solution?

1668013892737.png

Advertisement
It might be bc 7-5 is better than 4-8

Ohhhhhh really?

Well, he was 7-6 yr 1 at TT, 3-9 yr at WASU, & 4-7 yr 1 at MSU.

What’s the odds he would be struggling yr 1 here? And I don’t wanna hear it, b/c MSU was 8-5, 6-7 before he took over, eerily similar to 8-3, 7-5 Miami.

If a .500 record bothers you, that takes Mario out of contention. As far as Leach not recruiting, he is a good coach. JJ didn't win big at Oklahoma State, and he sure as **** didn't recruit at OSU like he did here. You take a good coach, put him in a big time program, and recruits come.

On the flip side, if a great recruiter can't coach, there is no fixing that. He inevitably ends with top end talent looking like scrubs, and fans clamoring for the freshmen to play.
So after decades of mediocrity we now believe Leach just needed to coach at UM to succeed? And we’re also comparing perennial 1 win FIU to Texas Tech, WSU, and MSU for win average? All crappy programs, but places where it’s possible to win. While also ignoring Mario having more success at Oregon than Leach has ever had in the past 22 years as a HC? Are you sure that’s your stance or are you just mad that we’ve sucked this season?

Maybe in a few years we’ll need a new coach, nobody knows. If you think “the guy” is Mike Leach then I don’t know what to tell you.

I'm tired of this.. I prayed for Mike Leach and now this ishh.. I took my son knowing what the fug was about to happen. I know the problem tho and nobody is addressing the ****
It sounds brother, like you're saying: "You’ve been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok!

Advertisement
Well, except Washington State and Mississippi State. Not exactly G5 schools there.

Well, except Washington State and Mississippi State. Not exactly G5 schools there.

Oh, I thought you said "big programs", but now you're going to tell me why the recruits don't follow Mike Leach to Mississippi State.

Advertisement
So after decades of mediocrity we now believe Leach just needed to coach at UM to succeed? And we’re also comparing perennial 1 win FIU to Texas Tech, WSU, and MSU for win average? All crappy programs, but places where it’s possible to win. While also ignoring Mario having more success at Oregon than Leach has ever had in the past 22 years as a HC? Are you sure that’s your stance or are you just mad that we’ve sucked this season?

Maybe in a few years we’ll need a new coach, nobody knows. If you think “the guy” is Mike Leach then I don’t know what to tell you.
I'm not saying he is the guy. I am saying we'd be scoring more points and winning more games with a better coach.

I am like a cat chasing multiple laser beams cast in front of me. So many hypothetical, greener grass possibilities, and the weekly losses uglier than the previous one, just add more laser beams to contend with. Why should I care! It would just be as easy to say, give Mario time (God knows it’s an acquired taste), and remind myself why I liked him in the first place. I admit, as a fan for nearly 5 decades, having inhaled the white powder of winning seasons an NCs, it’s hard to be humble, especially after getting my hopes high beginning of this year. All told, not having any control over things U Football, I’m saying, it is what it is. I’m an alumni, I just have to swallow the bitter pill and accept the facts. I will continue to support the U in their general fund, and wait agonizingly for winning football to come around. Despite my rants, I see it no other way.

Advertisement
Back