F''k It.. Ban me for another year

Advertisement
Jesus…..

Leach has been coaching for 21 yrs; he’s won 10+ games 2x in his entire career. His avg. win/season is 7-5.

On my mama, this board is obsessed w/ 7-5 coaches. I can accept the Kiffin obsession, but Leach? Who’s currently 17-16 at MSU?

Why r u folks infatuated w/ 7-5? Exciting offense, bro.
:pgdead:

D8013233-FFC7-41DC-9DA9-A6FA6ED6B9D6.gif

Advertisement
I know your question is sarcastic, but comments like this..."Bunch of retarded ***gots in here, starting with OP"...could be cleaned up. There are plenty of college football message boards that have productive discussions.
I’m actually not being sarcastic. I’m serious. The easiest thing we can do is get rid of posters which we do if they’re more trouble than they’re worth - and we do it - but it would certainly be better if people would just be civil.

We can regulate their movement and moderate their every post so that each one needs an approval but if we have to do that for an extended timeframe then they just need to go.

I guess the answer is more bans which is where we’re at now already. On 247 they ban much quicker for certain things and David Lake already put out a warning to people repeat posting the same I hate Mario vitriol in every thread. He said make your points - essentially about what the issues are - and move on.

A lot of the criticism here about Mario actually is factual and there are factual discussions taking place. Then there’s the same group that goes from thread to thread doing what Lake cautioned against.

That behavior deters readers and website traffic. It’s a good reason why Lake probably made that post.

Advertisement
I’m actually not being sarcastic. I’m serious. The easiest thing we can do is get rid of posters which we do if they’re more trouble than they’re worth - and we do it - but it would certainly be better if people would just be civil.

We can regulate their movement and moderate their every post so that each one needs an approval but if we have to do that for an extended timeframe then they just need to go.

I guess the answer is more bans which is where we’re at now already. On 247 they ban much quicker for certain things and David Lake already put out a warning to people repeat posting the same I hate Mario vitriol in every thread. He said make your points - essentially about what the issues are - and move on.

A lot of the criticism here about Mario actually is factual and there are factual discussions taking place. Then there’s the same group that goes from thread to thread doing what Lake cautioned against.

That behavior deters readers and website traffic. It’s a good reason why Lake probably made that post.

Great post, and what I am about to say comes with legitimate respect for what you guys do....

...but a lot of the toxicity comes from lifers who seem to be grandfathered in. I don't claim to be an angel. I poke the bear as much as anyone, and I have paid for it. So has JaromirJagr ;). But I never, ever, call someone a "dumb *** mother *******" the way some of the veterans do. And I'm not saying they're always wrong. But conversations that go that direction never have a good ending, and it leads to animosity, which leads call out threads, etc.

I mean, @FrancisSawyer and I just had a disagreement and I ended up liking his last post, because neither one of us got personal. It's possible.

Great post, and what I am about to say comes with legitimate respect for what you guys do....

...but a lot of the toxicity comes from lifers who seem to be grandfathered in. I don't claim to be an angel. I poke the bear as much as anyone, and I have paid for it. So has JaromirJagr ;). But I never, ever, call someone a "dumb *** mother *******" the way some of the veterans do. And I'm not saying they're always wrong. But conversations that go that direction never have a good ending, and it leads to animosity, which leads call out threads, etc.

I mean, @FrancisSawyer and I just had a disagreement and I ended up liking his last post, because neither one of us got personal. It's possible.
This is 100% true in my opinion on what others do and what some have been permitted to do. It’s also true as to your behavior and it’s timely that you are saying this as before you responded I was thinking about your history and while I don’t like the Miami Cesspool “culture” stuff you used to say in part bc of the insinuations, I could not think of a time when you were actually insulting people and if you have it’s rare… and you’ve been insulted a lot. It’s probably why @IndayArtHauz has always had a soft spot for you and also probably why I don’t find you to remotely be a problem on here.

My understanding is that you drive people nuts because your arguments don’t end, especially on the baseball board which I don’t go on. lol

We’ve tightened up the slack cut for insults. Admittedly there’s still one poster or maybe 2 who’ve been given generous leeway but they need to behave like everyone else. I’ve had this discussion in a DM recently with another poster asking me about it.

I don’t want to ban people but I do to keep things manageable in an unruly place. Maude’s on here generally know if someone is trouble or potentially trouble fairly quickly and we’ve learned to eliminate problems early for all of our sakes. For me if they’re not insulting each other, not agitating/trolling, not starting crap with the Maude’s, not spewing the same crap everywhere- no politics, race…I’m good. Like live free on here and voice your opinion and engage with meaning.

Why is it so hard for some people to engage amicably and without vitriol??? Why is it necessary to throw “POS” and “Cuban” onto the descriptions of the horrible coRching we’ve seen??? Just say he sucks and why and what’s needed like a semi-civil human and discuss the merits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
98% of the posts on this board right now are complaining about the admin making bad hires, but the answer is the **** pirate? Make it make sense. I agree the guy would have an exciting offense here. He can’t recruit and is usually just over .500. That’s not the kind of coach I want.
If a .500 record bothers you, that takes Mario out of contention. As far as Leach not recruiting, he is a good coach. JJ didn't win big at Oklahoma State, and he sure as **** didn't recruit at OSU like he did here. You take a good coach, put him in a big time program, and recruits come.

On the flip side, if a great recruiter can't coach, there is no fixing that. He inevitably ends with top end talent looking like scrubs, and fans clamoring for the freshmen to play.

Why is it necessary to throw “POS” and “Cuban” onto the descriptions of the horrible coRching we’ve seen???

The Cuban **** is about to be strongly curtailed by this (Cuban) maude. I have issued some rather kind warnings. It's only going to be points and bands from this point on.

Advertisement
Back