Five-star WR JoJo Trader commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
From what I saw of him his route running needed a little polish and definitely needs to get stronger, but an excellent frame, great hands who doesn't body catch at all, productivity in a competitive hs classification, plus he has a technician in Kevin Beard to help him along is a solid bet for a good outcome.
Are we talkin about JoJo here when u said his route running needs a lil polish? If so please go look at his film again

Advertisement
Are we talkin about JoJo here when u said his route running needs a lil polish? If so please go look at his film again
His routes absolutely need a polish. He wasn't running any sophisticated route combos at Nade, it was majority 9's & 2's.

He'll have to sharpen his release steps because he's too overly deliberate with his plant foot & gives away a tell on breaking routes. He got away with it in HS because South FL HS Football is just an advanced version of backyard Football where pure talent wins 90% of the time, but in college he's going to see a whole different animal out there in terms of coverages that he'll have to beat.

He'll also have to learn to big more physical at the top of his breaks in order to properly stack CB's when they're Pressing him in Man against inside leverage.

He excels based on raw skills & athletic ability, but he's not a route technician as of yet. He can be over time, but coming out of HS that's not necessarily his strong suite.

His routes absolutely need a polish. He wasn't running any sophisticated route combos at Nade, it was majority 9's & 2's.

He'll have to sharpen his release steps because he's too overly deliberate with his plant foot & gives away a tell on breaking routes. He got away with it in HS because South FL HS Football is just an advanced version of backyard Football where pure talent wins 90% of the time, but in college he's going to see a whole different animal out there in terms of coverages that he'll have to beat.

He'll also have to learn to big more physical at the top of his breaks in order to properly stack CB's when they're Pressing him in Man against inside leverage.

He excels based on raw skills & athletic ability, but he's not a route technician as of yet. He can be over time, but coming out of HS that's not necessarily his strong suit.
He should have played his senior ball in Texas

Run Away GIF

Advertisement

He excels based on raw skills & athletic ability, but he's not a route technician as of yet. He can be over time, but coming out of HS that's not necessarily his strong suite.
95/100 WRs coming out of HS could use more polish on their route running. Idk why anyone would even argue against Trader needing better route running technique. Better to need route refinement than Athleticism, ball skills, or physicality imo.

U explained it better than I could lol. If jojo gets significant snaps this year it’s because KB sharpened his abilities very quickly or Jojo pure athleticism just rises above everything else he needs to work on

He isn’t ready day 1 but hopefully by early to mid season we see him crack the rotation. His ball skills(⏸️) and hands are top tier tho imo

U explained it better than I could lol. If jojo gets significant snaps this year it’s because KB sharpened his abilities very quickly or Jojo pure athleticism just rises above everything else he needs to work on

He isn’t ready day 1 but hopefully by early to mid season we see him crack the rotation. His ball skills(⏸️) and hands are top tier tho imo
Yeah we’ve certainly seen our fair share of WRs with ****** work ethic, but he doesn’t look to be one of them. Seems to have a very business like approach to the game. Being an EE is huge

I did. He's gonna learn a whole different level of refinement from Beard.
Ok

I definitely understand that he’s going to have to get more physical though bc he’s kind of thin but hopefully being an early enrollee helps that. I thought his routes were pretty decent but I guess not & I need to go back & evaluate what I saw on tape

Advertisement
Ok

I definitely understand that he’s going to have to get more physical though bc he’s kind of thin but hopefully being an early enrollee helps that. I thought his routes were pretty decent but I guess not & I need to go back & evaluate what I saw on tape
It's just certain adjustments and a step forward he has to take. Not worried about his size (pause) or strength. His hands and body control when the ball is in the air are his super powers so he's gonna be a good one for us.

Advertisement

I think it’ll be a combination of the two (limited number of new routes and packages to learn + athleticism).

If we don't get a portal WR I think our 3 leading WRs would be X, Jacolby, & Jojo
Even if we get a portal WR, I think Jojo could very well be in the top 3. I mean who are we realistically going to get? The players that enter the portal post-spring are for the most part guys who didn't perform well and are falling down the depth chart. Jojo has more upside than anyone that we bring in tbh

Even if we get a portal WR, I think Jojo could very well be in the top 3. I mean who are we realistically going to get? The players that enter the portal post-spring are for the most part guys who didn't perform well and are falling down the depth chart. Jojo has more upside than anyone that we bring in tbh

He’d have to learn and implement a lot of nuance in his game that he’s never really shown on the field.

People are asking a lot of him already to be in the rotation (which is my prediction).

After reading this thread I think Jojo comes an takes George's spot and I really like George he was my favorite WR his year coming in. And maybe this is the answer to our WR problems without a portal WR move George to X Horton is probably a better back up. Jojo at Z with Carr behind him and Slot X an Ray ray..

Advertisement
Back