Five-star WR JoJo Trader commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Two more Ravens left on the board.

The other big question, how many pages for our first 5* WR in almost 20 years?

Advertisement
Lots of four star guys

Sam Bruce
coley
Richards
Payton
Pope
Johnson
Streeter
Berrios

Sure I’m missing a good number more but the last 5 I believe was lance.
I know one of the services had Pope as a 5. But maybe not composite. Either way, it didnt pan out. None of the stars mean didlydoo if we dont develop them and put them in a position to let the natural talent shine in a good offense.

Advertisement
It's . . . the smell of purification. Fresh charcoal . . . clean.

I called it in once - ONCE - everyone was madder than hail at me, because my idea of "close" was somewhat underappreciated - every exposed hair on us - was singed, and when you'd rub your hand over it - most of it was powder.

They thought it could never get worse - but then I called in artillery.

During debriefing - we got replacements and the CO had me stand. He pointed me out and said if they ever saw me calling in support - to RUN. That it didn't even matter which direction . . .
You called in danger close napalm??!!!!

Holy dog sht!!!

Who ok’d that! 😂

You called in danger close napalm??!!!!

Holy dog sht!!!

Who ok’d that! 😂

The enemy knew we'd call in air support and/or artillery, so their trick was to get real close to us, knowing we couldn't hit them with the big stuff. Most everyone called in strikes by grid coordinates as close as they dared - and walked it outward.

No one OK'd it. I just happened to be the one on the set on the point.

I did it in reverse. I started well outside and noted how accurate and where the incoming was impacting, and then gradually walked it in - not fearful of short rounds landing among us like others feared. I could see where it impacted. I knew.

Just keep walking it in - and soon enough - it was ripping or smoking the enemy in spite of being close. That way, no one got out alive.

Except us.

I just didn't have time to explain to everyone what I was going to do . . . so they were really PO'd until it was over.

And saw the results.

Advertisement
The enemy knew we'd call in air support and/or artillery, so their trick was to get real close to us, knowing we couldn't hit them with the big stuff. Most everyone called in strikes by grid coordinates as close as they dared - and walked it outward.

I did it in reverse. I started well outside and noted how accurate and where the incoming was impacting, and then gradually walked it in - not fearful of short rounds landing among us like others feared. I could see where it impacted. I knew.

Just keep walking it in - and soon enough - it was ripping or smoking the enemy in spite of being close. That way, no one got out alive.

Except us.

I just didn't have time to explain to everyone what I was going to do . . . so they were really PO'd until it was over.

And saw the results.
Lol @pacusmc how bout them apples?
IMG_8178.jpeg

Except us.

And saw the results.

Good stuff.

When I was a kid, I read a ton of books on WWII and WWI, so I learned a lot about old-school battle techniques (yeah, I was probably a weird kid). I love hearing your description, because it makes perfect sense AND it's smart. Just a smart "in-game decision".

I had contemplated ROTC (had a box full of recruitment letters) and I probably should have done it, if I would have known what "UM tuition" was going to do. There was just so much uncertainty in the 1980s about ROTC and what you could major in, and I really/truly hated the Engineering classes at Miami.

One of my best friends at UM Law was in Army Intelligence prior to enrollment, and the Army let him out of his ROTC commitment early. The bad part was, they only covered half his law school tuition. Fortunately, I hooked him up with the UM undergrad Dean of Students, and my friend became the advisor to the Honor Council, scoring the rest of his tuition for free.

Advertisement

Except us.

And saw the results.
If you think this is good you should’ve been on Caneinsider circa 2008.

Good stuff.

When I was a kid, I read a ton of books on WWII and WWI, so I learned a lot about old-school battle techniques (yeah, I was probably a weird kid). I love hearing your description, because it makes perfect sense AND it's smart. Just a smart "in-game decision".

I had contemplated ROTC (had a box full of recruitment letters) and I probably should have done it, if I would have known what "UM tuition" was going to do. There was just so much uncertainty in the 1980s about ROTC and what you could major in, and I really/truly hated the Engineering classes at Miami.

One of my best friends at UM Law was in Army Intelligence prior to enrollment, and the Army let him out of his ROTC commitment early. The bad part was, they only covered half his law school tuition. Fortunately, I hooked him up with the UM undergrad Dean of Students, and my friend became the advisor to the Honor Council, scoring the rest of his tuition for free.

Outstanding! I couldn't afford UM - I went on the GI Bill - to the University of West Florida - which at that time Forbes and other publications named UWF one of the Top Ten Finance and Accounting departments in the nation - and got my Accounting Degree and had a dual in Finance - but I was married with a newborn and couldn't come back for one, stinking calculus course just to have a second degree in Finance.

It was a prerequisite to be able to do the course work - and haile - I'd already done the course work! I was going back into Special Forces - but as an officer - but the wife really didn't want me to - so my family or SF. I chose well.

Ended up having more pucker-squeeking adventures than I ever did in the military - and wouldn't change one thing.

If you think this is good you should’ve been on Caneinsider circa 2008.

It was close - I just don't recall how far back we both were on the same sites. I was on Caneinsider - also the CBS site, and that went well until someone screwed it up pretty well - we moved and eventually ended up here. You were very knowledgeable way back then - and the only person I can remember - Cribby.

You broke your foot off in some a** back in the day! Didn't take any crap off the unknowing - which I personally feel is a virtue.

Man, these years have flown by - but we're still having fun!

GO CANES! THIS Year!

Advertisement
Back