2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not coming here guys:( I wish I had better news.
law and order crazy shit GIF

Advertisement
I actually disagree. NFL first round picks are unproven too as to what they will produce at the pro level and they get multi-million dollar guaranteed contracts, even though many will absolutely bust and never help their teams.

The way I see it, is the networks pay billions of dollars to broadcast games in stadiums with up to 111k crazy people each Saturday, a ton of which also donated $$ on top of their overpriced tickets and memberships.

If the money is there, and it is, players should get their piece.
Facts. Plus it's private entities paying the money not the schools. Then again some schools like Miami are private. Let the kids get whatever man wants to pay. Simple

I actually disagree. NFL first round picks are unproven too as to what they will produce at the pro level and they get multi-million dollar guaranteed contracts, even though many will absolutely bust and never help their teams.

The way I see it, is the networks pay billions of dollars to broadcast games in stadiums with up to 111k crazy people each Saturday, a ton of which also donated $$ on top of their overpriced tickets and memberships.

I see your point to a degree. However, College is a higher level of football than high school. There's no debating that. Players that have performed at the collegiate level have played against much better competition. These high school players are much more unproven than a player at the P5 collegiate level. The select few on this site that's all about the players getting paid the most possible be damned are not concerned about the health of the college game in general long term. At the Professional level you have salary caps and a draft organized to where the worst teams get a chance bring themselves up to the rest of the pack. While this setup might be slightly better for us short term to be able to get some of the players being paid under the table is this going to be sustainable long term. I truly hope so for Miami's sake, but just don't think this free for all sh*t is good for the game.

Advertisement
I hear ya but they were also coming off of multiple national championships, 1st round picks, etc.

Tennessee ain’t done **** in a quarter century.

Indeed. They've been irrelevant longer than we have.

Im loving if we can get:

Interior:
Tripp
Sanker

Tackle:
Okunla
Aililnen (Finland)
Payton Kirkland

Project:
Tinilau

I think the board needs to be widened. Because Sanker is leaning elsewhere along with the Finnish don, Okunla is a long shot.
Locally a prop joe interior i wouldve monitored is choosing within a week in Deandre Duffus...though he can be flipped if we ever really had strong interest.
Alinen leaning elsewhere ? Sounded like we made a major move with him after OV plus immediate UV.

Alinen leaning elsewhere ? Sounded like we made a major move with him after OV plus immediate UV.
I would argue it's almost imperative to win that recruiting battle if we're going to concede Sanker and Francis. Well maybe not concede, but understand there are financial restraints we're not willing to match (and that's fine as long as the spending is allocated elsewhere, otherwise you're simply not spending at all).

I don't know about leaning but he's been to bama 4 times so they are for sure a threat although I know he and his family love(d) miami. Agree with @gogeta4 that Samson is a long shot. Haven't heard much about Feeling but Sanker looks to be gone to UL.

At this point, I'd love to go after Kirkland and bring him on board.

Advertisement
I don't know about leaning but he's been to bama 4 times so they are for sure a threat although I know he and his family love(d) miami. Agree with @gogeta4 that Samson is a long shot. Haven't heard much about Feeling but Sanker looks to be gone to UL.

At this point, I'd love to go after Kirkland and bring him on board.
Isn't Kirkland on his OV right now ?

Isn't this the same kid a couple weeks ago that said he didn't care about NIL. Ofc that means he wants the biggest bag 🤣. Programs that win will use winning the Tennesee's and company that cherry pick who to pay will be in a shytstorm is my guess.
Show me somebody saying they don’t care about Nil and I’ll show you a liar

The money ISN'T there, that's the problem. Not unless you want to go back to the days of the Dallas Cowboys super team.

I've no issue with players getting paid. I'm not so keen on them getting paid millions of dollars right out of high school - but I think the market will eventually reset itself. It's the Wild West right now.

Advertisement
Chad Simmons put in a futurecast at On3 to Tenn for Mauigoa back on June 1st.

It had been being reported that they won him over when he visited Tenn & he was going to be receiving a big time NIL deal. It’s just our fans tend to plug their ears & scream “la la la la la la la, not listening!” whenever yall are told recruiting news yall don’t like lol

This actually shouldn’t be a shock to anyone who was paying attention 🤷🏽‍♂️

NIL & then some…

The money ISN'T there, that's the problem. Not unless you want to go back to the days of the Dallas Cowboys super team.

I've no issue with players getting paid. I'm not so keen on them getting paid millions of dollars right out of high school - but I think the market will eventually reset itself. It's the Wild West right now.

LOL. Except it is. Especially since NIL isn't coming from the school. And even if it did, look at the P5 TV contracts. Look at the ancillary media revenue. Look at the game day revenue. Licensing. Merch. Donations. Etc, etc. Billions upon billions. And this doesn't include the MASSIVE PR gain the universities get (ask admissions what the applications look like when the football team is winning) which leads to other gains.

You are giving your subjective opinions about what you are and aren't "keen" on, which are in conflict with the SCOTUS.

The market will find equilibrium eventually, to paraphrase what you wrote. Let's let it work.

Advertisement
LOL. Except it is. Especially since NIL isn't coming from the school. And even if it did, look at the P5 TV contracts. Look at the ancillary media revenue. Look at the game day revenue. Licensing. Merch. Donations. Etc, etc. Billions upon billions. And this doesn't include the MASSIVE PR gain the universities get (ask admissions what the applications look like when the football team is winning) which leads to other gains.

You are giving your subjective opinions about what you are and aren't "keen" on, which are in conflict with the SCOTUS.

The market will find equilibrium eventually, to paraphrase what you wrote. Let's let it work.

I'm very confident NFL is bringing in way more revenue than these colleges. Sure, there's a few that are operating in the black, but overall this is going to thin out the herd even further. There's a reason the NFL evented a salary cap and organized the draft the way it is. No one wants to see the same teams winning over and over again were the outcome is almost **** near predetermined. Everyone got tired of Dallas and San Francisco in the NFL.

Isn't Kirkland on his OV right now ?

He is but there has been some debate over where he is on the big board. I know Mario has been recruiting him but I'm not so sure he's been recruited the hardest but I could be wrong. Point is, Kirkland needs to be a priority with all these top guys going elsewhere.

I'm very confident NFL is bringing in way more revenue than these colleges. Sure, there's a few that are operating in the black, but overall this is going to thin out the herd even further. There's a reason the NFL evented a salary cap and organized the draft the way it is. No one wants to see the same teams winning over and over again were the outcome is almost **** near predetermined. Everyone got tired of Dallas and San Francisco in the NFL.

Bro. No one said CFB is making the same as the NFL. Stop making up weirdness and moving the goalposts! No one is saying that a top starting CFB QB should get $40M a year or that a 3-star true freshman kid should get $705k a year (NFL rookie minimum). But BILLIONS ARE being made, and the players who ARE the product should get their share. Especially for their NIL. And if your school or alumni's companies don't want to pay them? No problem. My school will. Will each little Snowflake U get a trophy? No. Deal with it.

It doesn't matter what you think "no one wants to see." This is a free market country. You can't take away my ability to earn by violating my rights. The SCOTUS just told you so.

Welcome to America. Please exit through the gift shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back