2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they have Nike bags at Oregon? One would assume so & that probably helped. I still think the OL recruiting will be okay its June & kids in the portal will make business decisions to come here if they want to get developed. Also once we put a good product on the field we will recruit better, Im sure some kids are in wait & see mode.
Bruh they definitely weren't paying kids like what we're seeing now across the country, including us.

Now with that said, you have to trust arguably the best o-line duo in college football...have to think they can convince some of these blue chips to come on board.

Advertisement
I fall in the camp of canes fans who wanted Mario Cristobal since day 1 and wasn’t naive enough to not remain a realist. Those of us knew that the O-line wasn’t going to be fixed in one off-season. Personally I was excited about the Mirabal hire based off Mirabal and Cristobal track record of developing. The fact that we’re getting these high caliber O-line kids on campus is a positive but realistically we’re 1-2 off seasons away from landing big time recruits. If our O-line can go from trash to acceptable and we continue to develop the under the rader kids. I don’t see why we can’t win 10+ wins each year.

I actually disagree. NFL first round picks are unproven too as to what they will produce at the pro level and they get multi-million dollar guaranteed contracts, even though many will absolutely bust and never help their teams.

The way I see it, is the networks pay billions of dollars to broadcast games in stadiums with up to 111k crazy people each Saturday, a ton of which also donated $$ on top of their overpriced tickets and memberships.

If the money is there, and it is, players should get their piece.
But it’s not the same multimillion dollar contracts they used to get. It got out of hand for the unproven talent so they went and out a rookie scale cap on it.

LOL. Except it is. Especially since NIL isn't coming from the school. And even if it did, look at the P5 TV contracts. Look at the ancillary media revenue. Look at the game day revenue. Licensing. Merch. Donations. Etc, etc. Billions upon billions. And this doesn't include the MASSIVE PR gain the universities get (ask admissions what the applications look like when the football team is winning) which leads to other gains.

You are giving your subjective opinions about what you are and aren't "keen" on, which are in conflict with the SCOTUS.

The market will find equilibrium eventually, to paraphrase what you wrote. Let's let it work.
Don't most College football teams lose money? Or at least they prop up the rest of the athletic department with their revenue.

I'm British, I couldn't give a **** what the SCOTUS thinks. ;)

Advertisement
He's not coming here guys:( I wish I had better news.
Lil more to it than that. The # he's putting out that he wants is dumb. It's a feeler bet all the same he will get people to jump at it. We are in his top 3 because he loves Mirabal and Mario. But he also wants to be able to help his family. One thing I will say about ALOT of img kids(I realize where this will go with my connection to family and img)is good chunk of them are all business & what would you expect when you send your kid to a place that more often than not ur nowhere close to.

That's right, they did. And what's the rookie scale?

Spoiler: first rounders make $3M-$9M per year for four years.

No one is saying Nico, or whoever the #1 is should make $9M/year. He's slated to make less than a quarter of that and he's a major outlier. And let's see how that goes. What he really ended up netting four years from now, ya know? If the elite CFB prospects are making 1/4 to 1/6th of what NFL rookie make, all while the billions and billions are pouring in, that's a problem?
Not disagreeing with you. Just saying that eventually (no idea when) I believe that a scale will be set.

But it’s not the same multimillion dollar contracts they used to get. It got out of hand for the unproven talent so they went and out a rookie scale cap on it.

That's right, they did. And what's the rookie scale?

Spoiler: first rounders make $3M-$9M per year for four years.

No one is saying Nico, or whoever the #1 is should make $9M/year. He's slated to make less than a quarter of that and he's a major outlier. And let's see how that goes. What he really ended up netting four years from now, ya know? If the elite CFB 5-star prospects are making 1/4 to 1/6th of what NFL rookies make, all while the billions and billions are pouring in, that's a problem?

Don't most College football teams lose money? Or at least they prop up the rest of the athletic department with their revenue.

I'm British, I couldn't give a **** what the SCOTUS thinks. ;)

Define "college football teams." P5? D1? All NCAA?

Major programs not only make a fortune, they make enough to fund tons of other revenue losing sports for both women and men. Like I said, the market will eventually answer all questions. If it becomes unsustainable, then the numbers will come down.

But you guys keep forgetting something...

THE SCHOOLS DO NOT PAY THE PLAYERS NIL... IT 100% COMES FROM OUTSIDE SOURCES. IT'S INCREMENTAL. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE AD BUDGET.

Advertisement
Lil more to it than that. The # he's putting out that he wants is dumb. It's a feeler bet all the same he will get people to jump at it. We are in his top 3 because he loves Mirabal and Mario. But he also wants to be able to help his family. One thing I will say about ALOT of img kids(I realize where this will go with my connection to family and img)is good chunk of them are all business & what would you expect when you send your kid to a place that more often than not ur nowhere close to.
Riley Williams just transferred there. Should be a plus for us in terms of being able to visit for games. Bama and them definitely will be sniffing.

Advertisement
How do u know. If they keep buying high caliber players but default they will outclass most opponents. They have a good offensive scheme
Because UCF took a step back with him. Guy is a goober, and was a head scratcher when Tennessee took him. His offense is **** except when they play the big boys. He will put up manny Diaz type seasons. Which is fine but they aren’t winning 💩

Explains why many end up in $EC.

Im loving if we can get:

Interior:
Tripp
Sanker

Tackle:
Okunla
Aililnen (Finland)
Payton Kirkland

Project:
Tinilau

I think the board needs to be widened. Because Sanker is leaning elsewhere along with the Finnish don, Okunla is a long shot.
Locally a prop joe interior i wouldve monitored is choosing within a week in Deandre Duffus...though he can be flipped if we ever really had strong interest.
Freeling is way up there for me, too.

Advertisement
Am I missing something? Why are a lot of y’all throwing in towel over this kid? He’s still on his visit and y’all acting like he told Miami to kiss his ***! Lol. Y’all wildin out. Let the kid finish his OV before throwing in the towel. ****.

florida state GIF

Tennessee could end up similar to those Hugh Freeze Ole Miss teams after they pulled in Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Treadwell, etc...win 9 or 10 games a year, knock off a couple of big dogs by turning it into a track meet...and that would be a MAJOR improvement for them. And a problem for UF.

Tennessee could end up similar to those Hugh Freeze Ole Miss teams after they pulled in Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Treadwell, etc...win 9 or 10 games a year, knock off a couple of big dogs by turning it into a track meet...and that would be a MAJOR improvement for them. And a problem for UF.

I was thinking today of comparing UL to Ole Miss… I do think Satterfield gets canned and they bring in their guy in Brohm though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back