2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is but there has been some debate over where he is on the big board. I know Mario has been recruiting him but I'm not so sure he's been recruited the hardest but I could be wrong. Point is, Kirkland needs to be a priority with all these top guys going elsewhere.
Not saying it’s definite evidence he is high on the board, but Mario personally drove him and his mom to 112 last night.

Advertisement
@htownkidd

9956B3CD-520B-4CC9-A5CC-138C78710AB1.gif

He is but there has been some debate over where he is on the big board. I know Mario has been recruiting him but I'm not so sure he's been recruited the hardest but I could be wrong. Point is, Kirkland needs to be a priority with all these top guys going elsewhere.

I mean Mario was driving him around himself…isn’t that a sign? It wasn’t Mirabal driving him

Advertisement
Bro. No one said CFB is making the same as the NFL. Stop making up weirdness and moving the goalposts! No one is saying that a top starting CFB QB should get $40M a year or that a 3-star true freshman kid should get $705k a year (NFL rookie minimum). But BILLIONS ARE being made, and the players who ARE the product should get their share. Especially for their NIL. And if your school or alumni's companies don't want to pay them? No problem. My school will. Will each little Snowflake U get a trophy? No. Deal with it.

It doesn't matter what you think "no one wants to see." This is a free market country. You can't take away my ability to earn by violating my rights. The SCOTUS just told you so.

Welcome to America. Please exit through the gift shop.

The goalpost are in the same place from when you originally responded fella. There's an issue with unproven high school players making as much as NFL rookies. I truly hope Miami keeps up, but we'll see.

Even if NIL becomes semi-regulated...what's to stop these schools from funneling that cash back under the table? Through churches, uprooting families and getting them jobs, making sure siblings and relatives are taken care of, etc.?
Exactly. NIL regulations send us back to where we were. Selective NCAA enforcement

Advertisement
I don't know about leaning but he's been to bama 4 times so they are for sure a threat although I know he and his family love(d) miami. Agree with @gogeta4 that Samson is a long shot. Haven't heard much about Feeling but Sanker looks to be gone to UL.

At this point, I'd love to go after Kirkland and bring him on board.
Yea i would worry about Bama for the Fin.

Dad played shortly in Nfl and im sure the amount of Bama ol that get drafted is a huge selling point. Im actually happy they landed a local tackle this week. There OL board isnt that big at Bama and a bunch of similar faces we are hot after. Praying they land some more of the bigger guys(weight wise) they have offered

Advertisement
With all the odds stacked against Miami in this one, you're seeing Mario and Mirabal successfully get the kid on campus, and taking their best shot, even though the kid has an outsized NIL deal in place in the SEC.

Not going down without their best fight. Love it.

Last edited:
Im loving if we can get:

Interior:
Tripp
Sanker

Tackle:
Okunla
Aililnen (Finland)
Payton Kirkland

Project:
Tinilau

I think the board needs to be widened. Because Sanker is leaning elsewhere along with the Finnish don, Okunla is a long shot.
Locally a prop joe interior i wouldve monitored is choosing within a week in Deandre Duffus...though he can be flipped if we ever really had strong interest.
Will Larkins his teammate just committed to Indiana and I would take him too

Advertisement
But but Mario is an OL wizard and Mirabel is the best that is what I was told. OL recruiting will be on lockdown.

I get what you saying. Mario and Mirabal are supposed to be top notch recruiters and also have NIL/Ruiz backing them. Would be disappointing if we don't at least get 1 or 2 top OL considering that's supposed to be their bread and butter

Freeling
Sanker
Kirkland
Alinen
Samson
Francis

Hopefully we land two out of that group at least.

So Tennessee is basically gonna be the CFB equivalent of the Redskins when Snyder was overpaying free agents like Adam Archuleta and Albert Haynesworth among many others, for the sake of getting them and doing nothing with it?

Facts. Plus it's private entities paying the money not the schools. Then again some schools like Miami are private. Let the kids get whatever man wants to pay. Simple

True and you know what? We’re only what, going into the second “year” of NIL being around, so this is still new “on a legal level” to everyone. It may take a few years for pay structures and stuff to iron itself out

But but Mario is an OL wizard and Mirabel is the best that is what I was told. OL recruiting will be on lockdown.
Did they have Nike bags at Oregon? One would assume so & that probably helped. I still think the OL recruiting will be okay its June & kids in the portal will make business decisions to come here if they want to get developed. Also once we put a good product on the field we will recruit better, Im sure some kids are in wait & see mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back