2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the decision is purely NIL/đź’µ motivated its still a miss. But if I had to break the bank for any 1 OL in this class it would be Okunlola.
If we didn’t need to remake the entire line I’m sure we’d probably spend the money.

Advertisement
It's not a miss with the amount they are offering my friend. He's not that good to pay what they are paying him. NEXT

One other thing I want to point out quickly. What are your current players going to do at similar positions when they find out what incoming unproven kids are getting paid? What kind of culture is that going to create if you don't pay up to keep the current roster in tact? I don't know the answer but its a live experiment that is going to play out over the next 2-3 years.

Advertisement
One other thing I want to point out quickly. What are your current players going to do at similar positions when they find out what incoming unproven kids are getting paid? What kind of culture is that going to create if you don't pay up to keep the current roster in tact? I don't know the answer but its a live experiment that is going to play out over the next 2-3 years.
Isn't this the same kid a couple weeks ago that said he didn't care about NIL. Ofc that means he wants the biggest bag 🤣. Programs that win will use winning the Tennesee's and company that cherry pick who to pay will be in a shytstorm is my guess.

It's not a miss with the amount they are offering my friend. He's not that good to pay what they are paying him. NEXT

Agree. This sh*t is out of control. No reason these unproven high school players should be making pro contract amounts. I've never really cared for TN. Like them even less with this desperation outrageous NIL dollars they're throwing around. Guess they're tired of getting their *** waxed by Bama.

I'd be elated with 4/5 of the following group

Alinen
Kirkland
Tinilau
Freeling
Sanker
Tripp
Howland
Lew

Agree. This sh*t is out of control. No reason these unproven high school players should be making pro contract amounts. I've never really cared for TN. Like them even less with this desperation outrageous NIL dollars they're throwing around. Guess they're tired of getting their *** waxed by Bama.

Alinen
Kirkland
Tinilau
Freeling
Sanker
Tripp
Howland
Lew
I would like to throw Okunlola in there as well. Tripp, Okunlola, Feeling, Sanker (Don't give me this Loserville bs just yet), and Kirkland. With Tinilau as the 6th and that's a great line class.

Advertisement
I would like to throw Okunlola in there as well. Tripp, Okunlola, Feeling, Sanker (Don't give me this Loserville bs just yet), and Kirkland. With Tinilau as the 6th and that's a great line class.

Yeah, I'm just not sure we'll be able to pull Okunlola. The other guys are more realistic options.

OL is the one group where I'm confident that Cristobal knows how to eval and doesn't need Ruiz or anyone else to break open the piggy bank to find top talent. To borrow a quote from Warren Buffett on his investing philosophy, OL is within Cristobal's "circle of competence."

After almost 20 years we finally get a great recruiter as the head coach and now recruiting is all about NIL$$$$
It was always that. You man see it as a bad thing. Ohio, Bama and UGA hoarded all the 5 stars until Texas A&M stepped in. The fact that u got Tennessee and Louisville taking players away, as well as USC. Its better, no team is just gonna come in with 2 stacks of each position while u got a couple stars and projects

Advertisement
Chad Simmons put in a futurecast at On3 to Tenn for Mauigoa back on June 1st.

It had been being reported that they won him over when he visited Tenn & he was going to be receiving a big time NIL deal. It’s just our fans tend to plug their ears & scream “la la la la la la la, not listening!” whenever yall are told recruiting news yall don’t like lol

This actually shouldn’t be a shock to anyone who was paying attention 🤷🏽‍♂️
He got paid QB money I'm told. We didn't get close.

Im loving if we can get:

Interior:
Tripp
Sanker

Tackle:
Okunla
Aililnen (Finland)
Payton Kirkland

Project:
Tinilau

I think the board needs to be widened. Because Sanker is leaning elsewhere along with the Finnish don, Okunla is a long shot.
Locally a prop joe interior i wouldve monitored is choosing within a week in Deandre Duffus...though he can be flipped if we ever really had strong interest.

Im loving if we can get:

Interior:
Tripp
Sanker

Tackle:
Okunla
Aililnen (Finland)
Payton Kirkland

Project:
Tinilau

I think the board needs to be widened. Because Sanker is leaning elsewhere along with the Finnish don, Okunla is a long shot.
Locally a prop joe interior i wouldve monitored is choosing within a week in Deandre Duffus...though he can be flipped if we ever really had strong interest.

Desperately need TRUE tackles, like 4 of them, 3 minimum. I agree on needing to expand board.

Freeling is one to watch because Notre Dame (presumed favorite) may fill up.

Advertisement
Wait till more recruits commit and the current players hear about what it took to get them. Wait till some of them turn out to be bums. It's a boiling kettle.

I don’t think it’s his blood uncle. That’s just something Samoan’s call people they have a relationship with. My buddies mom and dad asked me to call them aunt and uncle. Either way Tennessee is about to drop massive $ to protect their $8MM arm.

Same with me. My family always makes fun of me for calling everyone the wrong thing. And also because I have no rhythm.

image.jpeg

Alinen
Kirkland
Tinilau
Freeling
Sanker
Tripp
Howland
Lew

I actually disagree. NFL first round picks are unproven too as to what they will produce at the pro level and they get multi-million dollar guaranteed contracts, even though many will absolutely bust and never help their teams.

The way I see it, is the networks pay billions of dollars to broadcast games in stadiums with up to 111k crazy people each Saturday, a ton of which also donated $$ on top of their overpriced tickets and memberships.

If the money is there, and it is, players should get their piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back