2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get what the big fascination of playing for Tennessee, what was their record these past few years

What was USC, Texas A&M, Texas, etc records the past few years?

Tennessee plays in the SEC (perceived as the strongest conference in CFB), their campus is beautiful, gameday experience is great, they're a Nike school (@Rellyrell ), they had a top 10 offense under Heupel/Golesh in year 1, plus BAG$.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My daughter is a VOL. Their collective is testing our relationship. I have some faint memories of them picking Vinny a bunch in the Sugar Bowl, and this is dredging all that back up after years of forced repression. We NEED this one🙌🏻

Yeah, Vinny chit the bed that game as well. Just doing some research in the time vault; I was well aware of 1986, but had no idea about 1985.

We were 8 point favorites entering the Sugar Bowl. We were ranked #2 w/ PSU being #1. UTK was ranked #8. We started hot taking a 7-0 lead, and then the wheels fell off. Vinny & the O got completely manhandled. What’s more sad, had we won, w/ PSU losing to #3 OU, & us beating OU during the season, at the very least we split the Nat’l title that yr. So in essence, Vinny cost Jimmy 2 Nat’l titles by his game play in the final game in ‘85, & ‘86.

It’s crazy to imagine JJ could’ve & should’ve had 4 titles in 5 yrs; ‘85, ‘86 (heavy favorites), ‘88 (blown call). Smh

Advertisement
Chad Simmons put in a futurecast (the equivalent of a Crystal ball) of 50% for Mauigoa to Tenn after speaking with him after his visit over the weekend. According to him & a Tennessee writer, Tenn has supposedly made a surge.

There’s lots of rumors they’re offering him a pretty lucrative deal in conjunction with Iamaleava’s deal.

But recruiting rumors are never quite as concrete as they sound, so who knows, but for a prospect of his caliber it makes sense... I wouldn’t be shocked if USC, Miami & Bama also offered big NIL deals for him as well, so it comes down to who sells their program the best to him.

I don’t think he’s necessarily close to having a team he’s headed to as of yet, I think he’s the kind of kid that will take all his OV’s & approach each visit with an open mind & let the chips fall where they may. I don’t think any team is out of yet at this point.

Can’t pay $8m for a QB if you can’t protect him.

Advertisement
Miami- “I’m very close with the Miami staff because I was close with them when they were at Oregon. I developed a great relationship with coach ristobal and coach Mirabal (OL coach). I talk to them all the time but it’s not just them, I feel someone from the staff reaches out to me every day. Coach Cristobal is a former OL coach and I like that. Having a strong offensive line has always been important to him and it’s something that he emphasizes. Plus I got my guy Jaleel Skinner over there too and I always have a good time on the Miami campus and feel at home.”

Screenshot_20220604-180841_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Miami- “I’m very close with the Miami staff because I was close with them when they were at Oregon. I developed a great relationship with coach ristobal and coach Mirabal (OL coach). I talk to them all the time but it’s not just them, I feel someone from the staff reaches out to me every day. Coach Cristobal is a former OL coach and I like that. Having a strong offensive line has always been important to him and it’s something that he emphasizes. Plus I got my guy Jaleel Skinner over there too and I always have a good time on the Miami campus and feel at home.”

View attachment 188386
Gonna have to fend off that final UT visit but I think we have a good shot here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back