2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I was worried about Tenn blowing out a huge NIL deal and pushing with Nico on that final visit. I actually prefer to go against Bama on this one.

If development is the #1 factor we are sitting in a nice spot with not only the OL coach but the head coach as well being tops in their field with a track record to back it. Bama obviously does a nice job but they also sign the top guys every year so by default they will put guys in the league. Thats not true development, thats talent acquisition. Throw in the fact that if you go to Bama there is a pretty good chance at some point in your career you will be playing under a different position coach than the one recruiting you. Not the case at UM

Smart and shrewd strategy by Bama. Level playing field now with NIL, so focus on what they have over everybody currently.
Didnt work much for them last year going head to head against TAMU. I get your point, but if Saban thinks he is living in the era of just throwing his national title rings on the table and recruits being impressed (Like Pat Riley use to do but that schtick doesnt work anymore) then he will be sadly mistaken.

Didnt work much for them last year going head to head against TAMU. I get your point, but if Saban thinks he is living in the era of just throwing his national title rings on the table and recruits being impressed (Like Pat Riley use to do but that schtick doesnt work anymore) then he will be sadly mistaken.
To a point, they still finished with the #2 class.

Advertisement
Listen if we have one of the best recruiters and good NIL game plus his uncle is on our staff and we lose him to whomever, what are we doing, ain't that worse than Rumph getting punked by Heritage players?

We need to win this battle along with a couple more big head to heads. I'm confident.

Visited Bama this weekend. Greg Biggins, the west coast 247 guy had this to say. Just sharing, don’t shoot.
View attachment 189334
Obviously Miami vs Bama in recent history is a huge divide. Hopefully Mario/Mirabal’s history can give us an edge.

It’s also refreshing to see a kid say the NFL bag outweighs the NIL bag.

Got to match any bag here.. this is the one you match and throw him the Salavee/Mario/Mirabal combo

Smart and shrewd strategy by Bama. Level playing field now with NIL, so focus on what they have over everybody currently.
They are playing the slight of hand trick with Miami. Focus on the kids in the league and not the immediate pay day since Jim Bob’s Hog Heaven BBQ can only pay so much NIL and their history of putting OLs in the NFL is rich. Only problem is that Mario and Mirabal have our kids in the league too, despite not being with Miami all along. And the kid will get the opportunity to get paid up front too. I am sure that Uncle Joe will talk some sense into mom and dad when the time comes.

Advertisement
They are playing the slight of hand trick with Miami. Focus on the kids in the league and not the immediate pay day since Jim Bob’s Hog Heaven BBQ can only pay so much NIL and their history of putting OLs in the NFL is rich. Only problem is that Mario and Mirabal have our kids in the league too, despite not being with Miami all along. And the kid will get the opportunity to get paid up front too. I am sure that Uncle Joe will talk some sense into mom and dad when the time comes.
Just remember that Bama's NIL will be way better than Jim Bob's BBQ. They have alumni with money all over the country and more importantly for them, they all eat breathe and sleep Bama football. We have closed the gap but Bama isn't going away anytime soon, and their draft results have started to bring in returns as well recently. The days of the Bama busts are gone. Now they still arent Miami in the early 2000s with multiple HOFers but their run is the next best thing and its longer. I dont think its a slight of hand trick with them at all. They are in a position of strength here and are a monster. Kudos to Mario pulling Skinner, hopefully should a sliver of what he will do here.

Just remember that Bama's NIL will be way better than Jim Bob's BBQ. They have alumni with money all over the country and more importantly for them, they all eat breathe and sleep Bama football. We have closed the gap but Bama isn't going away anytime soon, and their draft results have started to bring in returns as well recently. The days of the Bama busts are gone. Now they still arent Miami in the early 2000s with multiple HOFers but their run is the next best thing and its longer. I dont think its a slight of hand trick with them at all. They are in a position of strength here and are a monster. Kudos to Mario pulling Skinner, hopefully should a sliver of what he will do here.
I totally agree with you about them having clout and the proof to back it up. But I feel like Nicky wouldn’t be so apt to point a finger at Jimbo or to try to focus this young man on the life after football if they were so prepared to offer him what other capable universities may (I.e. us). Everyone has limited resources and like our recruitment of Rashada, there is a breaking point in the NIL amount. I think that he is a more valuable target to us than others. They may be trying to get him on the cheap up front by touting post college football. I was simply saying it’s not like our coaching group hasn’t put guys into the league at a high level…and as someone was apt to point out recently, Mario is responsible for being the primary recruiter for many of the recent NFL draftees. I get that he didn’t develop those but he has developed others, so hearing that Bama is going to sell a kid to take a discount has me pointing out the finer points of disagreement.

To a point, they still finished with the #2 class.
Of course..No debate there...Bama will always be in the top 5. Lets compare apples to apples this season and see. When you have teams like Tennessee throwing around 8M (allegedly) for one player..the road will be a little tougher moving forward is all im saying. Who knows how much they are going to throw at Mauigoa.

Advertisement
Keep telling yourself that you haven't failed in life Mr 1-0.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

25878541-13E8-4FF3-A72D-78B77228CB98.gif

EB6A1B97-DD78-4619-A195-2F5B50CE0411.gif

@Zbrod95

Advertisement
I thought this was a Miami vs. Tenn battle?

Bama will be in the mix but I doubt they surpass either us or the Vols.

Correct, Nico been recruiting him hard to join Tennessee & they’ll have a nice NIL deal for him. Bama will always be in it but Tennessee the main threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back