2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets Go Party GIF by Luc Belaire
Meanwhile I’m literally coming back to FLL from Texas to….drum roll please….go to the Guitar Reaort 🤣

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If you guys think a kid this elite isnt just going through the motions at this point of the OV..you are crazy. UM has made their NIL offer to him, and ball is in his court now. Hes seen everything else UM has to offer on his UOVs. He knows he will come in and start Day 1...what else is there to talk about? Hes on vacation.

It was said by someone on here who spoke to a UM coach that recruiting is changing. OVs arent what they use to be anymore. These kids want to talk NIL deal. (at least the ones who would be good enough to demand one). If you get one of the 5 OVs from an elite kid..they know you already check all the boxes they are looking for. Now its time to talk business. So dont get too caught up in the small stuff. (I.E., what hes posting on social media)

If you guys think a kid this elite isnt just going through the motions at this point of the OV..you are crazy. UM has made their NIL offer to him, and ball is in his court now. Hes seen everything else UM has to offer on his UOVs. He knows he will come in and start Day 1...what else is there to talk about? Hes on vacation.

It was said by someone on here who spoke to a UM coach that recruiting is changing. OVs arent what they use to be anymore. These kids want to talk NIL deal. (at least the ones who would be good enough to demand one). If you get one of the 5 OVs from an elite kid..they know you already check all the boxes they are looking for. Now its time to talk business. So dont get too caught up in the small stuff. (I.E., what hes posting on social media)

Then why not hold the OVs until the Fall if every school in a top 5 has their offer and likely has seen multiple OVs. Seems like keeping OVs until later would make the most sense

Then why not hold the OVs until the Fall if every school in a top 5 has their offer and likely has seen multiple OVs. Seems like keeping OVs until later would make the most sense
I thought the same thing UNTIL I saw Malachi Nelson is getting his NIL money that USC offered him immediately from the company. The 1M a year deal starts his Sr year of HS. Then it started to all make sense. These kids are finding out if they take summer OVs and commit early..there could be a chance they get their first installment of the NIL deal immediately in HS. Who wouldnt want to take that deal? Why wait?

Advertisement
If you're not local then travel schedule can be a little more difficult to manage around then. You've got school, practice, games, playoffs, personal things, etc.

Not saying it can't happen but seems like there are lot more kids doing their OVs early on. Gives them the season to focus on football and take their time on the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back