Five best defensive performances by Canes since 1985

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
Advertisement
For team D, the 1987, 51-7 pummeling at #10 Arkansas has to be up there. I've never seen such a pumped crowd deflate so quickly.

For team D, the 1987, 51-7 pummeling at #10 Arkansas has to be up there. I've never seen such a pumped crowd deflate so quickly.
Can’t forget the 91 Houston game. Cougars and Klingler were supposedly unstoppable, their coach said “hide the women and children and the Canes destroyed them leading 30-3 at the half until Coach E called off the dogs. Houston had 70 yards passing at Halftime and my cugina had 275 and 3 scores. That was a great atmosphere for a Thursday night. The fellas were on a mission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed Reed had two INTs and a blocked punt at FSU in 2001. The blocked punt and first INT led to TDs. And he gave "The Speech" at halftime. But let's just gloss all that over.

****lNG ***G0T ********

UM vs Texas in Cotton Bowl.....Lock this thread now....How tf do you have almost 200yds in Penalties...and STILL administer an Azzwhipping like that??...Lol....to a Top 3 team to boot...

Advertisement
UM vs Texas in Cotton Bowl.....Lock this thread now....How tf do you have almost 200yds in Penalties...and STILL administer an Azzwhipping like that??...Lol....to a Top 3 team to boot...

That 1990 squad could have been great if they weren't all out until 2am every night stealing car radios.

Big Russ among others had a field day but that Texas offense had no chance. True story, my cugine was pretty close to Coach E on the sideline when the referee came over and told Dennis he needed to control his team. Dennis told him you’re getting paid to referee the game, you try to control them. I get paid to Coach! I watched a replay of that game and I think the announcer called the beating “child abuse”

Where did I say "Dominating"??....Stop putting words in my mouth....It was the D at the end that Won the game....And the question was....Best Defensive performances....Not Offensive....
5F72EBDE-7117-4230-8049-7CDB7B7FC2CA.gif

Advertisement
That 1990 squad could have been great if they weren't all out until 2am every night stealing car radios.
A lot of the boys worked “security” at Monty’s in addition to “Midnight Motors”

Top 5 lists are fine, but any list like this starts with Sean Taylor in 2003, and then #2, whoever it might be, is wayyyyyyyy off in the distance.

That game might have been the most dominating performance I've ever seen on the collegiate level by any defensive player on any team ever. It was like he was playing on a completely dry field and literally the other 21 guys out there on every play were running in cement. He was indescribable.
Jerome Brown OU, 1985. Man, he dominated in violent fashion.

Individual...didn’t Jerome have a game with 3 sacks and 2 blocked FGs? I think Miami beat WVU 58-14 in Morgantown.

Advertisement
Ed Reed had two INTs and a blocked punt at FSU in 2001. The blocked punt and first INT led to TDs. And he gave "The Speech" at halftime. But let's just gloss all that over.

****lNG ***G0T ********

Lmmfao.... I feel u.... The fact this doesn't get anymore recognition is mind-boggling. Greatest safety ever has to be on this list

Lmmfao.... I feel u.... The fact this doesn't get anymore recognition is mind-boggling. Greatest safety ever has to be on this list
Like I said in OP I’m sure I missed a few. Great performance and one of Ed’s many, just not in my single game top 5.

Advertisement
This game stands out to me. Defense was almost perfect all day.

Complete torture on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

We got beat by a punter and of course. The refs.

Dude should have never penalized on that play.

For the first time all afternoon. The offense had momentum. And boom. Here comes another bull**** flag.

Like I said. Defense was on point that day.

Go Canes!!

I'm confused...

Did I miss anyone mention very skinny Ray Lewis's first game as a freshman on the road against Colorado? One game and he was an instant legend.

What about the Syracuse and Washington 2001 annihilation games?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back