First Rd Management

First Round Management Question (Now a poll too)

• Interrupt them please. The plebes need to be heard at any time.

• STFU and let them fight. I see enough comments from the plebes. Let the battle rage uninterrupted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
Nothing is for free; in business, it’s business. So I’m going to assume, that although no money is upfront, FRM is securing these NIL deals for representation once a player signs a NFL contract. It’s unfathomable that they r just doing this Pro Bono w/ no sort of skin in the game. I’m going to assume they r exploiting a loop hole to represent a player b4 becoming draft eligible w/o “representing them.”
That’s illegal and we don’t do that. There’s no way to even set that up

Nothing is for free; in business, it’s business. So I’m going to assume, that although no money is upfront, FRM is securing these NIL deals for representation once a player signs a NFL contract. It’s unfathomable that they r just doing this Pro Bono w/ no sort of skin in the game. I’m going to assume they r exploiting a loop hole to represent a player b4 becoming draft eligible w/o “representing them.”

That is true.

Two things can be true at the same time.

Current deals are pro bono. Future expectations are not so "pro bono". No actual contractual quid pro quo. But a hope that if you "liked the free sample" you will come back for more? That's pretty standard in US business.

That’s illegal and we don’t do that. There’s no way to even set that up
No such thing as “Free” but I get it with the rules. It’s a numbers game. That’s what it’s all about.

Churn them out and spit them out. It’s what it comes down to in the end.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Because nobody like Pete and the way his exit here went down.
What does this even mean? I ran this site with @DMoney for years while I was in college. I don’t think a lot of people realized how young I was. I had been reporting on recruiting since I was 15/16 and was tired of it. I got an opportunity at 23 years old to do something different so I took the job, got certified with NFLPA, and have gone about it all the right way.

I was constantly blamed for telling guys to leave early when 1. I wasn’t even working here at the time 2. Most of the guys we were blamed for weren’t even our clients

We aren’t making anything on these
There is a percentage that FRM gets with each deal. It’s not the 15/20% that people think, but there is a portion of each deal that’s paid to FRM. Also, the goal is to keep the athlete when he turns pro. They aren’t doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. Lmao
I’m done with this topic.

Advertisement
That is true.

Two things can be true at the same time.

Current deals are pro bono. Future expectations are not so "pro bono". No actual contractual quid pro quo. But a hope that if you "liked the free sample" you will come back for more? That's pretty standard in US business.

Yup, also certain things to get around your basic commissions. Had a friend who was represented by Rosenhaus, dude had a good year, Rosenhaus bought him a bunch of random gifts. Nice rolex etc. next invoice he got all that **** came out his next contract. My boy left shortly after that. Granted he did not have the best advice going in, and frankly did not have the mental capacity to understand what he was signing, not a slight on him just reality of being coddled throughout his younger years and college then thrust into the real world with a bunch of money and more hands out than he knew what to do with. Like was he happy with a rolex? Sure, would he have bought that **** himself? Nah.

There is a percentage that FRM gets with each deal. It’s not the 15/20% that people think, but there is a portion of each deal that’s paid to FRM. Also, the goal is to keep the athlete when he turns pro. They aren’t doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. Lmao

Again, wrong. Ask the players if we charge

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Advertisement
Back