First Rd Management

First Round Management Question (Now a poll too)

• Interrupt them please. The plebes need to be heard at any time.

• STFU and let them fight. I see enough comments from the plebes. Let the battle rage uninterrupted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
Our fans are never going to be fair to FRM. If they were really misleading kids at UM then players would stop using them. You can't maintain a good relationship with players from a school if you don't do good work for them.
flaming tire GIF

Advertisement
Our fans are never going to be fair to FRM. If they were really misleading kids at UM then players would stop using them. You can't maintain a good relationship with players from a school if you don't do good work for them.

Yup. apfenny3 is the credible source here for me. We know who he is. He's in the business and is therefore a knowledgeable person.

If Austin had anything bad to say about FRM, he'd either have said so, or simply stayed quiet. Instead, Austin spoke positively about FRM, and notwithstanding his acknowledgement that it's not popular to do so.

Same as everyone else I've always laughed at FRM pretty much for the reason that Pete was such a complete tool here. That said, I'm not going to buy into baseless smears either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol. Actually it's definitely not checkers. On average the standard firm would have a draft class of 7-12 players. If they're lucky they hit on a third of that class and that's early round picks. The problem with frm is THEY ARE NOT AN ESTABLISHED BRAND IN FOOTBALL. They represent a small number of kids who actually are early round picks. We're just talking about the draft. Not contracts for established players. Look at the people he said they're representing & figure 3% on those kids & personally I think 4 of those dudes don't even get drafted & alot of udfa don't get contracts with bonuses etc of more than a few bucks cause the odds of making a roster are minimal. Now look at ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL & each and every kid on each team. If you're charging 15-20% to each of those kids just imagine the bread you can pull in. It's a huge market that anyone can tap into. Also these kids are getting Lil deals. Just wait till schools really start to figure this out and realize it's essentially a free ticket into free agency. It's gonna be the wild west. Wait till you see what manning gets. Hahaha.
Exactly!!! It's a different business model. Making small amounts on a lot of players. They also build relationships they hope to cash in on for the few that make it to the NFL.

My biggest take is I don't like how they come off as some type of charity that they're just doing it to help the players because they're big UM fans.

If they want any credibility, they should just say what they charge and admit that they're doing it to build a relationship they hope will lead to bigger things down the road.

It would be just fine to say, "We charge a professional athlete 20% for deals, but we charge the college athletes 10% because we need to cover our costs. We do so because it's good business for us in future relationships." People would respect that.

All this, "We care so much" doesn't play even if it were true because everyone knows the end game is to cash in on the few that get to the NFL.

Last edited:
Yup. apfenny3 is the credible source here for me. We know who he is. He's in the business and is therefore a knowledgeable person.

If Austin had anything bad to say about FRM, he'd either have said so, or simply stayed quiet. Instead, Austin spoke positively about FRM, and notwithstanding his acknowledgement that it's not popular to do so.

Same as everyone else I've always laughed at FRM pretty much for the reason that Pete was such a complete tool here. That said, I'm not going to buy into baseless smears either.
Hmmm I kinda agree but also @apfenny3 seems like too classy of a dude to come on here and trash FRM, even if he felt that way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back