FireEveryoneSide Chat with Your Dearest Legend

It was met by questions from me.

But I don't blame Mark Richt for wanting to hire his son. ****, that just makes him a good dad. I blame the University of Miami for ALLOWING him to hire his son.

This entire program is a ******* clown show. At Georgia, they had a leash on Richt. They managed him. Because they are a serious football program. Here... we just hired him and walked away, letting him do whatever the **** he wanted.

That's an institutional problem. A Blake James problem. At least as I see it.

Exxxxxxactly. He tried to hire his son at UGA and they told him, absolutely not. Not only did we pay him more than he’s ever made in his entire career, but we allowed him to bring his son on board.

This is absolutely an institutional problem; and I think u brought it up, but even the academics have slipped!

Advertisement
Oh yes; the infamous HC search committee that we needed to be paid to do our job. Hence why I’ve said that our problems r deeper than X’s & O’s...our problems come from the top.

I think the reason why Richt failed had more to do with lack of accountability from the administration, and less with personal burnout. The same reason that compelled him to take the job in the 1st place, also led to his demise. I agree hiring a search committee is not ideal, but I don't think thats the main issue. Capable ADs like Paul Dee & Kirby Hocutt have also hired HCs in the last 20 yrs that failed

We went 8-2 and made great strides. Headed in the right direction. Had a little misstep. These will be the battle cries of Manure and the administration. Vomitous. Mack Browneye dropped a Lexington Steele hammer in Manures ******** and Manure smiled and enjoyed it. Horrible.

Advertisement
We're the right HC away from turning it around. The problem is we're not committed enough to winning to find and pay that guy and let him do his thing. So we continue to hire guys from fired staff with no track record.

I agree with that, mostly.

But just the way Miami is structured, that coach would have to be Jesus Christ himself to win big here. Good at everything. We hire a coach and walk away, letting him do what the **** he wants. We expect him to handle X's and O's, gameday coaching, recruiting, talent evaluation, booster relations, media relations, discipline, etc etc etc.... or we ALLOW him to do all of those things however the **** he wants without involvement and oversight.

More serious programs have staff, split up tasks, provide support and are more involved, because no one man can be elite at all of those things, so they split up the work.

The whole miami organization is ****ed.

But just the way Miami is structured, that coach would have to be Jesus Christ himself to win big here. Good at everything. We hire a coach and walk away, letting him do what the **** he wants. We expect him to handle X's and O's, gameday coaching, recruiting, talent evaluation, booster relations, media relations, discipline, etc etc etc.... or we ALLOW him to do all of those things however the **** he wants without involvement and oversight.

More serious programs have staff, split up tasks, provide support and are more involved, because no one man can be elite at all of those things, so they split up the work.

We could’ve had Dan Mullen. Can you imagine what he could’ve done to the ACC. We had our chances to hire real coaches and we blew it.

Advertisement
In this sport, the best HCs are the highest paid. So it's not coaching, coaching, coaching. It's money, money, money, money. Good HCs have to be empowered, either through investment, a willingness to cheat, or a combination of both. We're not willing to do any of those things
I couldn’t disagree more with this. This is the loser’s mantra: “…bags, steroids, and stars, oh my!”

CMU, FIU, GT … how do they fit in to this “highest paid” … whatever you call it.

Manny doesn’t have a recruiting issue. He’s out recruiting the teams he’s beating and losing to them too.
Manny doesn’t have a money issue. He’s comparatively paid to all of the coaches he loses to and his facilities are commensurate
Manny doesn’t have a steroid issue. Teams smaller and less talented than Miami … push them around.

Exxxxxxactly. He tried to hire his son at UGA and they told him, absolutely not. Not only did we pay him more than he’s ever made in his entire career, but we allowed him to bring his son on board.

This is absolutely an institutional problem; and I think u brought it up, but even the academics have slipped!

The worst part is we did the same thing with AL GOLDEN.

I mean Mark Richt I can understand a little bit more why they gave in to his demands.... at the time he was a big name, whatever. I didn't like it, but I get it.

But nobody EVER told Golden to fire Dorito. They let that ******* nobody have absolute ******* control of the football program.... and that's about as ******* damning as it gets spelling out just how ****ed up this institution is.

And yeah the academics have gone downhill. Just more evidence that the people running the show over there are ******* lost.

The worst part is we did the same thing with AL GOLDEN.

I mean Mark Richt I can understand a little bit more why they gave in to his demands.... at the time he was a big name, whatever. I didn't like it, but I get it.

But nobody EVER told Golden to fire Dorito. They let that ******* nobody have absolute ******* control of the football program.... and that's about as ******* damning as it gets spelling out just how ****ed up this institution is.

And yeah the academics have gone downhill. Just more evidence that the people running the show over there are ******* lost.

Facts; remember when we allowed that **** to hold us hostage as he stopped communicating w us after the ‘13 season, trying to back door his way to PSU?? That’s when I knew we were fck’d.

We could’ve had Dan Mullen. Can you imagine what he could’ve done to the ACC. We had our chances to hire real coaches and we blew it.

Mullen would be an upgrade, but it will take more than one man to get this program to where it needs to be. IMO.

Pains me like **** to say this... but I think the Florida program is built better than ours, from top to bottom. It's not just Mullen vs Manny. That's part of it, but not all of it.

Advertisement
I agree with everything @The Franchise..... this team is weak because they have weak people guiding them. This team shows NO progress because they have NO coaches teaching them. This team has NO leadership because there are NO leaders. This team is pus sified because they have puss ies showing them!

Reality is, it starts at the top and that's crooked teeth frenks and Ben Dover James and we know Manono defense is not going anywhere because we are 8-2.

We got dominated like never before and I bet Dabo called off the dogs early, old man Mac enjoyed ******* the sh it out of Manono Once again!
Good for him! I stopped watching early in the 2nd qtr... something I have never done. fvck em'
Lsu peach bowl 05, clemson 16, fiu 19, skipped la tech bowl, tonite, only games I've stopped watching since 99. Left at 31-3. Mentally called it 62-17. Checked in after doing fatherly duties. Good choice. Still gonna follow, but this is who we are and going to be. It is admin. Shannys just another in the string. Not even mad anymore. Was riding chises jock when he called it mediocre in a fireside, cause he was right. Been mopin full time since radio days and oh well. Wanted to be wrong, but knew all day something like this was comin. Covid the bowl. Alabama? Lololol. Gonna be interesting to watch Wisconsin or whoever push it in again in a couple of weeks. Calling roche Jalen and at least a few others sitting the bowl. Covid that bowl shanny.

LSU just upset Florida with 53 players. 4 of which got injured during the game. Played their 4th string corners all game. That's how you show up ready to play with heart and guts.

All that has zero to do with showing up and playing with heart and guts.

Urban Meyer wins the ACC his first year at Miami. He isn't Jesus Christ, but he knows how to win.

Advertisement
Facts; remember when we allowed that **** to hold us hostage as he stopped communicating w us after the ‘13 season, trying to back door his way to PSU?? That’s when I knew we were fck’d.

Oh I remember. ****. It goes from bad to worse around here, brother. As bad as Al Golden was, I don't think even he ever had a game as bad as this one tonight. ******* unbelievable.

And the worst part is, there won't be any consequences. Manny is just going to look at some film, chalk it up to some bull**** excuse like Covid or lack of focus, and call it a day. And Blake James won't say ****. He doesn't even have to fire Blake Baker if he doesn't want to. Just a ******* ****show around here.

Urban Meyer wins the ACC his first year at Miami. He isn't Jesus Christ, but he knows how to win.

Urban Meyer would never take this job, because he doesn't work for amateurs and he wants no part of this micky mouse operation. I promise you that. Urban Meyer would only take a job where the institution is aligned with him in winning and is willing to provide all the support he needs.

We're the right HC away from turning it around. The problem is we're not committed enough to winning to find and pay that guy and let him do his thing. So we continue to hire guys from fired staff with no track record.
Even if there were BOT members with enough juice to have Manny or Blake fired I don’t have confidence they would be able to make a good decision on replacements. Blake certainly could not be trusted to hire a HC. We’d end up with Mario.

Franchise, you are my guy. Couldn't have said it any better myself. Complete utter embarrassing &hitshow. That was pathetic. Unless you tell me that our entire team experienced pre-COVID symptoms just before the game, I don't want to hear &hit. That was completely unacceptable, and the loss falls squarely on the coaches not doing their jobs AND the players for not giving two fvcks.

We have more than enough talent to beat UNC. Almost feels like we got paid to lose that game. At the absolute worse, this should have been a gritty shootout that went down to the wire. How in the **** when it's your last home game of the season and you have a NY6 bowl game on the line do you play like absolute &hit???

Everyone and their **** mother knew that UNC would try to pound those RBs down our throats. We should have been prepared for that and forced Howell to beat us in the air. A developmentally challenged 5th grader knows that.

We lost this game the way we did because we for some reason didn't want to win this game. The only question is why.

Go fvck off, Manny. You're a mediocre DC at best. Definitely not a P5 HC. Your only hope is to hire a top DC and hide behind your coordinators, because you definitely can't lead a team. Unfvcking believable.

Advertisement
Back