Fire Gattis

Probably better to quietly demote him to help him save face and also help attract another OC next year. Gotta let Ponce (yes, i know it's crazy I'm saying this) install his simple offense over the next two weeks. They'll lose the majority of the rest of the games if they don't do this.

Miami will never work with a bro style offense, any future coach who wants to do it should not be considered. Miami high school players are athletically gifted but generally not coached up coming out of high school (no offense to any coaches on here, i know you guys are legit). You can't ask them to take two years to learn a ****** offense that doesn't even put them in space even when they know what's going on. You have to actually adapt to the players in your area/on your team and not the other way around!!!! How the **** Miami coaches can't figure this out is one of the greatest mysteries of our time!!!

This switch to a more explosive offensive style would help recruiting as recruits would see their peers come in and make an impact early on, not see them come to Miami and waste their futures at the hands of incompetent coaches.

Mario fumbled a golden opportunity when he came in to hire a high octane offensive coordinator. Briles, just as one example, was basically begging for the job but Mario turned him down as he was apparently dupped by Gattis the fraud (this is another topic, but is a massive red flag about Mario and his hiring process).

Anyway, Mario has to take immediate action on offense and making this switch is the only short-term solution that has a chance of saving the season imo. Gattis ain't it, better to rip the band-aid off now and not make the entire team suffer all year under his incompetent. Recruits also need to see drastic changes after that horrific game.
Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Advertisement
The offense looked good when Garcia came in 🤷🏽‍♂️

Them runs on the 1 yard line straight up the middle feel like a call from your offensive lineman head coach

This the last thing Ima say on it...

Va Tech’s OC Tyler Bowen is also a Joe Moorehead disciple...

Those kinds of Offenses take at least 3-4 years before they can operate at optimum level & even at it’s best it’s a very pedestrian scheme that is more predicated on intangibles than actual play designs, which really only works when you have an Elite OL & Elite RB’s, something that Miami doesn’t/hasn’t had in 2 decades.

The reason why Offensive scheme matters in particular with your personnel is because when you have deficiencies you need something that levels the playing field...

For example; Midd Tenn ST does not have a single 4-star QB, RB, WR or OL on their roster, so how exactly were they able to throw for 408yds on us??? Well they certainly didn’t do it playing ultra conservative Power-Spread ball...

Midd Tenn ST’s new OC is Mitch Stewart who was Samford’s OC last year, the same Samford that almost beat UF last year & if you know about Samford’s HC Chris Hatcher you know he’s one of the originals from Leach’s Tree from the Kentucky/Valdosta ST days... Meaning, he learned the value of how to attack Defenses.

Ultimately, you what the real problem is? Expectation. This is why I tried to tell yall all offseason not to set the bar too high & to be more realistic, but that over the top Sunshine pumping & delusional homerism that permeates this fan base every offseason never fails & any time somebody tries to talk some sense into yall it gets rejected immediately & then we get brow-beat to Death about how Mario is God amongst mere mortals & how such & such is a “bRoYlEs” winner & we need to just shut up & prostrate at the altar; but like clockwork, the season happens & yall get smacked back to reality lol...

I facetiously suggest you guys just lean into this sh*t & get your spin on; there’s no reason to be unreasonable & illogical all offseason only to become logical & reasonable now that the actual games are being played, so just make excuses & act like everything’s fine lol

But you know what... Let me just STFU & go back to what I was doing.

15-0 bro, Go Caynes!

Advertisement
Would I be wrong saying go get Scott frost ?! He knows what to do with Florida guys on offense. He was never gonna get the type of guys to run his offense at Nebraska honestly . He could get back on track here
We hired Scotio Frostobal

Those kinds of Offenses take at least 3-4 years before they can operate at optimum level & even at it’s best it’s a very pedestrian scheme that is more predicated on intangibles than actual play designs, which really only works when you have an Elite OL & Elite RB’s, something that Miami doesn’t/hasn’t had in 2 decades.

The reason why Offensive scheme matters in particular with your personnel is because when you have deficiencies you need something that levels the playing field...

For example; Midd Tenn ST does not have a single 4-star QB, RB, WR or OL on their roster, so how exactly were they able to throw for 408yds on us??? Well they certainly didn’t do it playing ultra conservative Power-Spread ball...

Midd Tenn ST’s new OC is Mitch Stewart who was Samford’s OC last year, the same Samford that almost beat UF last year & if you know about Samford’s HC Chris Hatcher you know he’s one of the originals from Leach’s Tree from the Kentucky/Valdosta ST days... Meaning, he learned the value of how to attack Defenses.

Ultimately, you what the real problem is? Expectation. This is why I tried to tell yall all offseason not to set the bar too high & to be more realistic, but that over the top Sunshine pumping & delusional homerism that permeates this fan base every offseason never fails & any time somebody tries to talk some sense into yall it gets rejected immediately & then we get brow-beat to Death about how Mario is God amongst mere mortals & how such & such is a “bRoYlEs” winner & we need to just shut up & prostrate at the altar; but like clockwork, the season happens & yall get smacked back to reality lol...

I facetiously suggest you guys just lean into this sh*t & get your spin on; there’s no reason to be unreasonable & illogical all offseason only to become logical & reasonable now that the actual games are being played, so just make excuses & act like everything’s fine lol

15-0 bro, Go Caynes!
You must not have heard about TVD being better than Bryce Young.

You must not have heard about TVD being better than Bryce Young.
You can make most QB’s look good in the right system...

Michael Penix Jr (giggity lol) was an absolute subpar below average passer at Indiana.

Put him with Kalen DeBoer & Ryan Grubb:
- 1,079yds 10TD’s & 1INT at 66%cmp after just 3 games this season.

Now did MP Jr suddenly become a top 5 QB overnight by transferring to Washington? I would guess probably not.

So what changed from how he played at Indiana vs how he’s playing now at UW? Catch my drift...

15-0 bro, Go Caynes!

But why does it seem like almost 20 years when Miami had coaches that did more with less, I’m talking 1998 1999

How did Mario and Alonzo watch Gattis install this offense and think it was good enough…. How?

Advertisement
I'm not going to get into specifics, but considering how long it took them to give Garcia a shot is evidence enough that you're a problem. Kid looked like he ate a handful of downers before the
Gattis sucks. Get him the feck out of Miami. Hiding in his booth repeatedly calling run into 8 man box. Repeatedly going to mr inconsistent Mallory on go to downs. Leaving Tyler In when he stinks for 3 games. Let him go argue in twitter. He ain’t shown us dik

15-0 bro, Go Caynes!
I agree with this in the macro. I was willing to wait for personnel to change through recruiting and said we would likely lose 4-5 this year. But was it really unreasonable to expect to beat MTSU at home? Like do we need 85 4* with Lincoln Riley’s scheme to accomplish this?

I agree with this in the macro. I was willing to wait for personnel to change through recruiting and said we would likely lose 4-5 this year. But was it really unreasonable to expect to beat MTSU at home? Like do we need 85 4* with Lincoln Riley’s scheme to accomplish this?

Lincoln Riley could put together an offensive game plan with the Bethune Cookman offense to beat the Miami defense if today

Advertisement
But why does it seem like almost 20 years when Miami had coaches that did more with less, I’m talking 1998 1999

How did Mario and Alonzo watch Gattis install this offense and think it was good enough…. How?
Because the HC’s philosophy as it pertains to Offense wouldn’t require for him to see more than what he saw at Michigan to be satisfied with what was being brought here. Even though simple logic would tell that sh*t wouldn’t work with our roster...

But again, once you make the investment into hiring Mario you have to know that this is what would come with it. He’s never had a high-powered Offense because he doesn’t believe in it, he’s a roster builder that wants to have a team that can win without having to play a High-Octane style, so in his mind he saw what Mich did last year & knowing that Gattless is a Moorehead guy who he had with him at Oregon, that was enough for him.

How Oregon played on Offense last year, is exactly how Mario wants to play & win games here, so what comes with that is that the idea of playing a style of ball that’s conducive to high-productivity has to be thrown out the window because all that sh*t ain’t apart of his ultimate plan; which is what I tried to explain quite a bit during the hiring process, but funny enough most of our fans were completely on board with it, like people irrationally thought that playing this Moorehead ball Offense was really going to work here lol

But the bed is made now, so might as well lay in it, no sense in jumping in the ocean & then complaining about getting wet 🤷🏽‍♂️

What's happening on D is a much different story than what is happening on offense. We have some competent pieces on offense.

THAT defensive depth chart that Manny left behind is just an embarrassment. Many of us shared these concerns all offseason but many on this board thought we could band aid the problems away. You can't band aid away a cornerback depth chart as bad as ours. You can't band aid away a linebacker depth chart as bad as ours. More than half of our "starters" on the defensive side of the ball wouldn't be in the two deep on any of the top programs.

Tonight was a reminder at just how bad a recruiter Manny Diaz was. That was HIS side of the ball.
Agreed that he wasn't left alot. That being said, they have WAY more than enough to hang with Middle Tenn. F(*(*ing State!

4 plays (3 TDs) over 70 yards including a 99 yard TD pass??? Is there a 1988 Jerry Rice or 2000 Randy Moss over there? Ridiculous!!!

Advertisement
Dammit! Why do coaches have to be so stubborn with their systems and philosophies. Is there a reason Gattis could not have kept some of the passing plays/schemes that worked so well for TVD last year. I think we all are pleased with the improved run game. Change the run game and keep some of that passing attack that worked last year. I don't understand why they can't swallow their pride and admit that a different system might work better with a certain player. Imagine if Urban Meyer would have tried to run a pro -style offense with Tebow. No, he was smart enough to run that gimmicky offense to fit Tebow's strengths, but it worked.

I'm sure there are several fans like me that have seen the 30 for 30 U documentary several times. When Dennis Erickson was hired in '89, the defense came to him and told him not to change it. Erickson wasn't so proud and stubborn that he refused to listen to them. He kept that same defense that worked so well for them. He tweaked the offense to his one back system, which was innovative at the time. Produced great results.

You can make most QB’s look good in the right system...

Michael Penix Jr (giggity lol) was an absolute subpar below average passer at Indiana.

Put him with Kalen DeBoer & Ryan Grubb:
- 1,079yds 10TD’s & 1INT at 66%cmp after just 3 games this season.

Now did MP Jr suddenly become a top 5 QB overnight by transferring to Washington? I would guess probably not.

So what changed from how he played at Indiana vs how he’s playing now at UW? Catch my drift...
813 ****

He can start by fireing Gattis tonight.
Something that needs to inevitably happen should be done immediately.
I’ve seen enough, the guy is a complete fraud.
Our route trees are awful. Why are our receivers behind the sticks on third down or near the goal line. Does he know we can use the end zone?
Dude is terrible.

Advertisement
Back