Fire Gattis

Advertisement
There are a lot of overreactions going on right now on this board.

This isn't one of them. Gattis isn't a good OC. I'm realizing now why my Michigan buddies weren't upset when the news was announced regarding his move. Too much of this offensive system operates outside the hash marks. I'm really disappointed by what I've seen from the system itself.

It's really hard to defend him when TVD has gone from looking like a Heisman candidate to getting benched. What Mario does about this problem and how long he chooses to wait to act will tell us a lot.

How is steele getting out of this unscathed. ************ just gave up 44 to MTSU.

Get rid of the whole staff. Let mario recruit. Let Highsmith fill out the rest of the staff. Mario has his guy to coach OL. Job done, hit the trail, let actual football people handle football stuff.

What's happening on D is a much different story than what is happening on offense. We have some competent pieces on offense.

THAT defensive depth chart that Manny left behind is just an embarrassment. Many of us shared these concerns all offseason but many on this board thought we could band aid the problems away. You can't band aid away a cornerback depth chart as bad as ours. You can't band aid away a linebacker depth chart as bad as ours. More than half of our "starters" on the defensive side of the ball wouldn't be in the two deep on any of the top programs.

Tonight was a reminder at just how bad a recruiter Manny Diaz was. That was HIS side of the ball.

What were his WR comments?
Paraphrasing

A reporter asked him if he was planning on whittling down the WR rotation to get the top guys more reps with TVD since it seems like the wr's are not on the same page with tvd.

He responded with "We only have 6 scholarship wide receivers on the roster, you're not going to find another school in the country with a lack of overall wide receivers."

It just seemed super whiny to me. Like he inherited the worst WR room in the country and he's using it as an excuse. And don't get me wrong our WR's are not good but if he felt that way he should have hit the portal hard or find a way to make them productive. He just felt like a guy looking to blame everything but himself.

Gattis must go and Mario needs a Saban come to Jesus moment with his offensive identity or else he will be run out of town just like Shannon, Golden, Richt, and Diaz.
It's too late he will have a mediocre year.
Recruits will bail.
8-4 is still on the table.
Mario must fire Gattis.

Advertisement
Agreed.. but idk if Mario can look his self in the mirror like Manny did many times and realize changes were needed.

Mario is stubborn.. this is his style of offense.. he could of had almost any OC with the money he had.. but he choose a dude who runs a boring offense.. and wasn’t even they full time play caller supposedly..

I can’t see him moving away from it.. I obviously hope I’m wrong.. but he should probably take the rest of the year and go learn some more under Saban.
Nope he is too stubborn. He will go down with his ship. Two weeks away from another loss. UNC will make it 2-3

VT 2-4... then he may have to demote Gattis and realize he is going to cost him the season.

Probably better to quietly demote him to help him save face and also help attract another OC next year. Gotta let Ponce (yes, i know it's crazy I'm saying this) install his simple offense over the next two weeks. They'll lose the majority of the rest of the games if they don't do this.

Miami will never work with a bro style offense, any future coach who wants to do it should not be considered. Miami high school players are athletically gifted but generally not coached up coming out of high school (no offense to any coaches on here, i know you guys are legit). You can't ask them to take two years to learn a ****** offense that doesn't even put them in space even when they know what's going on. You have to actually adapt to the players in your area/on your team and not the other way around!!!! How the **** Miami coaches can't figure this out is one of the greatest mysteries of our time!!!

This switch to a more explosive offensive style would help recruiting as recruits would see their peers come in and make an impact early on, not see them come to Miami and waste their futures at the hands of incompetent coaches.

Mario fumbled a golden opportunity when he came in to hire a high octane offensive coordinator. Briles, just as one example, was basically begging for the job but Mario turned him down as he was apparently dupped by Gattis the fraud (this is another topic, but is a massive red flag about Mario and his hiring process).

Anyway, Mario has to take immediate action on offense and making this switch is the only short-term solution that has a chance of saving the season imo. Gattis ain't it, better to rip the band-aid off now and not make the entire team suffer all year under his incompetent. Recruits also need to see drastic changes after that horrific game.
This ain't it bruh. Our QBs can't make reads. Get Ponce all the way tf from around me.

There are a lot of overreactions going on right now on this board.

This isn't one of them. Gattis isn't a good OC. I'm realizing now why my Michigan buddies weren't upset when the news was announced regarding his move. Too much of this offensive system operates outside the hash marks. I'm really disappointed by what I've seen from the system itself.

It's really hard to defend him when TVD has gone from looking like a Heisman candidate to getting benched. What Mario does about this problem and how long he chooses to wait to act will tell us a lot.

we looked like an athletic Iowa...

Advertisement
Agreed.. but idk if Mario can look his self in the mirror like Manny did many times and realize changes were needed.

Mario is stubborn.. this is his style of offense.. he could of had almost any OC with the money he had.. but he choose a dude who runs a boring offense.. and wasn’t even they full time play caller supposedly..

I can’t see him moving away from it.. I obviously hope I’m wrong.. but he should probably take the rest of the year and go learn some more under Saban.
Maybe it takes absolute embarrassments like this one to make an impact on him. This "offensive identity" is an absolute evil that needs to be vanquished. I wonder who he would actually listen to. Would Saban dropping the tough truth on him be enough? Mario does bring some real positives in other areas, but this offensive philosophy is going to drown out the rest. Even if it improves enough to sort of get by, no one wants to watch this.

This. TVD was looking like a first round pick UNTIL Gattis showed up

I’m sorry but Garcia was pushing the ball and playing loose… something is up with Gattis and what he wants/expects because what Garcia was doing what NO DIFFERENT than what TVD can do just he was playing “loose”
When you put in the work to understand the O then you play loose.

Paraphrasing

A reporter asked him if he was planning on whittling down the WR rotation to get the top guys more reps with TVD since it seems like the wr's are not on the same page with tvd.

He responded with "We only have 6 scholarship wide receivers on the roster, you're not going to find another school in the country with a lack of overall wide receivers."

It just seemed super whiny to me. Like he inherited the worst WR room in the country and he's using it as an excuse. And don't get me wrong our WR's are not good but if he felt that way he should have hit the portal hard or find a way to make them productive. He just felt like a guy looking to blame everything but himself.
They hate TVD.....end of story

Advertisement
I said this in another thread but Gattis is symptom of the disease, not the disease itself. We have some guys who have spent their entire lives in the game of football. Unfortunately, for us, the game has changed and the leaders of this program haven't adapted.

Gattis is a joke. The moment he started responding to Michigan fans on Twitter I thought something was up. You have kids you coach, 20 years younger than you, and we expect better out of them, never mind their coach. Most confident, successful, mature, people wouldnt have even bothered... I'm not going to even mention the on-field stuff...

As much as we all want Gattis out, nothing is going to change unless Mario has a 'come to Jesus' moment and realizes that rushing for 300 on your opponent doesn't mean much without a W.

Advertisement
What I dont get is, we had all the money in the world and that's what we decided on.
Just my ignorant 2 cents but I think a lot of it has to do with Mario's identity in regards to how he wants his football team to be. He was an offensive lineman when he played here and grew up as a coach under saban in a period where saban was still unwilling to open it up. Mario's a good coach but he will need to adapt with the times if he is going to succeed here.

There's a time to be physical and pound the ball during games but in today's game you absolutely must be able to spread the field and throw the ball and I don't think that was emphasized as much in the interview process.

This ain't it bruh. Our QBs can't make reads. Get Ponce all the way tf from around me.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Advertisement
Back