Fire Gattis

BS85

D before E
Premium
Probably better to quietly demote him to help him save face and also help attract another OC next year. Gotta let Ponce (yes, i know it's crazy I'm saying this) install his simple offense over the next two weeks. They'll lose the majority of the rest of the games if they don't do this.

Miami will never work with a bro style offense, any future coach who wants to do it should not be considered. Miami high school players are athletically gifted but generally not coached up coming out of high school (no offense to any coaches on here, i know you guys are legit). You can't ask them to take two years to learn a ****** offense that doesn't even put them in space even when they know what's going on. You have to actually adapt to the players in your area/on your team and not the other way around!!!! How the **** Miami coaches can't figure this out is one of the greatest mysteries of our time!!!

This switch to a more explosive offensive style would help recruiting as recruits would see their peers come in and make an impact early on, not see them come to Miami and waste their futures at the hands of incompetent coaches.

Mario fumbled a golden opportunity when he came in to hire a high octane offensive coordinator. Briles, just as one example, was basically begging for the job but Mario turned him down as he was apparently dupped by Gattis the fraud (this is another topic, but is a massive red flag about Mario and his hiring process).

Anyway, Mario has to take immediate action on offense and making this switch is the only short-term solution that has a chance of saving the season imo. Gattis ain't it, better to rip the band-aid off now and not make the entire team suffer all year under his incompetent. Recruits also need to see drastic changes after that horrific game.

Advertisement
I'm never this guy...but Gattis gotta go.
Additionally Mario needs to revise his offensive identity going forward.
I admit I overreact with this team as they drive me ******* insane, bit it's usually when I'm in a rage. I've sadly gotten used to losing and am completely calm right now. We're all experts in identifying couches and this guy ain't it.

Advertisement
I'm not going to get into specifics, but considering how long it took them to give Garcia a shot is evidence enough that you're a problem. Kid looked like he ate a handful of downers before the game.
I feel for him and all the kids honestly. These incredibly overpaid coaches are not putting them in positions to succeed and they're literally ruining their careers if drastic changes aren't made.

I admit I overreact with this team as they drive me ******* insane, bit it's usually when I'm in a rage. I've sadly gotten used to losing and am completely calm right now. We're all experts in identifying couches and this guy ain't it.

I'm seriously like whatever, like you. It's almost comical at this point.

That team we played made plays. They came to play.

I'll say this though, we will never win a NC again. Mario at best is a make a run every 4 or 5 years. If anyone says we just need to wait for him to get more players, they should be slapped. You don't need more players to beat MTSU, you need to execute and be put into a position to win.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but considering how long it took them to give Garcia a shot is evidence enough that you're a problem. Kid looked like he ate a handful of downers before the game.
QB is the one position where it's really hard to make the switch if you've got an entrenched starter.

There wasn't even a QB competition coming into Spring Camp. TVD was the starter, without question. It's taken him ****ting the bed for a month for the coaches to chance putting in his back-up. That's not unusual - this isn't a King / Johnson situation.

I will say that the team seems to like Garcia more, so this is probably a permanent change.

Advertisement
I feel for him and all the kids honestly. These incredibly overpaid coaches are not putting them in positions to succeed and they're literally ruining their careers if drastic changes aren't made.
Strong disagree - he hasn't been able to adapt to a grown-up offence. He didn't even communicate with his WRs.

He's clearly been on cruise control. You can't have that from your trigger man.

Agreed.. but idk if Mario can look his self in the mirror like Manny did many times and realize changes were needed.

Mario is stubborn.. this is his style of offense.. he could of had almost any OC with the money he had.. but he choose a dude who runs a boring offense.. and wasn’t even they full time play caller supposedly..

I can’t see him moving away from it.. I obviously hope I’m wrong.. but he should probably take the rest of the year and go learn some more under Saban.

Advertisement
How is steele getting out of this unscathed. ************ just gave up 44 to MTSU.

Get rid of the whole staff. Let mario recruit. Let Highsmith fill out the rest of the staff. Mario has his guy to coach OL. Job done, hit the trail, let actual football people handle football stuff.

QB is the one position where it's really hard to make the switch if you've got an entrenched starter.

There wasn't even a QB competition coming into Spring Camp. TVD was the starter, without question. It's taken him ****ting the bed for a month for the coaches to chance putting in his back-up. That's not unusual - this isn't a King / Johnson situation.

I will say that the team seems to like Garcia more, so this is probably a permanent change.

No, just no. The team looked lost and flat. You replace him right then. Then again, the way this ******* calls plays, I'm not surprised he took forever to make the switch.

Advertisement
Strong disagree - he hasn't been able to adapt to a grown-up offence. He didn't even communicate with his WRs.

He's clearly been on cruise control. You can't have that from your trigger man.
This. TVD thought he was it and put it into cruise control. He also let himself get out of shape. He looks 25 pounds heavier. The kid is a total mess.

Gattis must go and Mario needs a Saban come to Jesus moment with his offensive identity or else he will be run out of town just like Shannon, Golden, Richt, and Diaz.
This. TVD was looking like a first round pick UNTIL Gattis showed up

I’m sorry but Garcia was pushing the ball and playing loose… something is up with Gattis and what he wants/expects because what Garcia was doing what NO DIFFERENT than what TVD can do just he was playing “loose”

I've been annoyed at Gattis since he made the wide receiver comments he made earlier this week. He feels like the kind of coach that is rigid and unable to adapt and put his players in situations to succeed. It's too early to move on from him but he definitely needs to be on the hot seat.
What were his WR comments?

Advertisement
Back