Fire Blake Baker

Virginia put up 23 though.
Virginia was a don't-care unfocused game. Clemson has these just about every year (UNC last year) then they turn it on when they know it's a big stage. In 2018 South Carolina put up 29 first downs 600 yards and 35 points on them. Their next 2 games? 30-3 over undefeated Notre Dame and 44-16 over undefeated Alabama. We got the focused killer version of them.

Advertisement
Us beating Clemson or even being close to them was never going to be because of our defense. **** teams with better defense have a hard time stopping them.

Our only shot was the offense and the entire unit got gapped.

Advertisement
Defense was on point for the most part, I mean how long do you expect them to last when the offense is going 3 and out. McCloud must be pulled. Defense looks best with Flagg and Brooks I’m at LB. Ivey I’m done with, the fact that he was scared to hit ettiene out of bounds does it for me. That’s was some real puss ****
Did we watch the same game? You thought our defense was "on point for the most part"?!

Advertisement
You can fire the whole staff tomorrow morning and by Monday the University will make another cheap lazy hire. Winning has become secondary cashing ACC checks is the only priority. That is only reason they field a football team.

I’m not even mad at Baker for tonight. What was he supposed to do, play press man? When he did Blades (our best cover guy) couldn’t even touch Ladson and got blown by. Our front 4 couldn’t get to Lawrence. Backers couldn’t keep up with that TE or running backs. I mean you can probably fault him for leaving Etienne open on the swing routes, but the rest is on recruiting. We don’t have any guys on defense aside from Bubba who will play for a while in the league.
We had them in 3rd and long all game, then stopped being aggressive. We could have gone man and sent pressure.

Here’s an idea. Stop giving up third and ******* long all night and you won’t be on the field all night. You see while the offense played like crap, that had nothing to do with the early 3rd down collapsing... and having no ability whatsoever to get off the field on third down.

Another idea. How about we put the best players on the ******* football field. And maybe if we put the best players on the ******* football field we will have an opportunity to get off the field on third down. Just a thought.

The offense totally sucked ***! But there’s no way in **** we were going to beat Clemson if we couldn’t get off the field on third down. No way in ****!

This loss is on the offense and the defense.

We had them in 3rd and long all game, then stopped being aggressive. We could have gone man and sent pressure.

Once again I’m not defending Baker I think he’s a clown, maybe that would’ve worked better, I mean couldn’t get anyway worse but still don’t think we would’ve stopped them

Advertisement
They play their asses off every night. Their coach doesn't scheme them for better results. It's the same **** that lights them up.
I don't understand why this is so hard for people to comprehend. Our defense is capable of a lot more. Baker isn't that guy, but his white knights won't hear it.

Our players aren’t coached properly. They are undisciplined, they think they are stars when they are average-good. Had a bye week for this game. Coaches job is to have their players ready for the games. We came out flat and dig ourselves a hole too deep

The stars comment is 100% true.

Bubba Bolden, by all accounts, is a decent safety. But the way he acts/is treated by Canes fans, you’d think he’s the second coming of Sean Taylor.

Jaelen Philips was HORRIBLE last night. Never set the edge, lost eye discipline, and was exposed several times for being too far upfield. But he looks awesome shirtless, so this board faps about him every time he shows up on the screen.

I’m tired of hearing about our first rounders. The only guy whose a lock for Day 1 decided to sit this season out.

Advertisement
I thought the defense actually did fine. Yeah, Baker was a bit slow to adjust but he did and the defense did its part.

I thought the defense actually did fine. Yeah, Baker was a bit slow to adjust but he did and the defense did its part.

500 yards of offense and 42 points

can I have this job and make close a million a year?

Baker did not do that bad, with that being said he needs to change is scheme. Pre snap alignment and still and and the soft stone cushion bs he runs in the secondary is jot the answer. Fix those things and the defense could be so much better. Rather he is willing to fix those things or not is another question.

Advertisement
Back