Fire Blake Baker

I’m not even mad at Baker for tonight. What was he supposed to do, play press man? When he did Blades (our best cover guy) couldn’t even touch Ladson and got blown by. Our front 4 couldn’t get to Lawrence. Backers couldn’t keep up with that TE or running backs. I mean you can probably fault him for leaving Etienne open on the swing routes, but the rest is on recruiting. We don’t have any guys on defense aside from Bubba who will play for a while in the league.
But we have athletic backers on the bench. Whose fault is that?

Advertisement
I thought the gameplan was being prepared by Mandy? This is his **** defense. Baker is nothing more than a yes man. IDK wtf Mandy does every week except look clueless and lifeless on the sidelines.
This is Baker defense. Him and Manny are not the same and they don't call defense the same.

I don’t know a universe where giving up 42 points and 500 yards of defense is fine.....if you want to say the offense was a problem sure it was.

There were moments where the defense got the ball back that Miami needed to take advantage of offensively and failed.

But to say the defense was just fine!

Y’all reaching.
1602388004967.png

Clemson killed us with Ettienne in the passing game in the first half. Second half Baker shut it down. All but maybe 3 passes from Trevor to wideouts we’re behind the line of scrimmage. Defense hit Lawrence more in this game than any other team will all season.

if offense had of showed up this would of been a game

Advertisement
The offense was significantly worse than the defense and the defense sucked. So put that in your pipe...

Advertisement
I don’t know a universe where giving up 42 points and 500 yards of defense is fine.....if you want to say the offense was a problem sure it was.

There were moments where the defense got the ball back that Miami needed to take advantage of offensively and failed.

But to say the defense was just fine!

Y’all reaching.
Was the defense great? Absolutely not. But so many self inflicted plays did fudge those numbers a tad bit. Also the defense did its job start of 3Q by forcing a turnover inside clemson's 40 to give us a great shot to cut it to a one score game. They gave us a shot and that's what we expected tonight. The offense absolutely **** the bed, and constant 3 and outs obviously do a number on the defense.

Can't fathom anyone watching this game and their first thought being the defense.
Well I do agree they absolutely didn't get any help from the offense...Baker trying to cover Etienne with McCloud and Jennings is a fireable offense.

A drawback of a short quarterback Is that he needs more space to throw and typically pass plays which take longer to develop.
‘against a very aggressive defense like Clemson we needed a quicker attack and couldn’t pull it off with King.
He still has lots of qualities as a quarterback but quick throws over the d-line isn’t one of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was the defense great? Absolutely not. But so many self inflicted plays did fudge those numbers a tad bit. Also the defense did its job start of 3Q by forcing a turnover inside clemson's 40 to give us a great shot to cut it to a one score game. They gave us a shot and that's what we expected tonight. The offense absolutely **** the bed, and constant 3 and outs obviously do a number on the defense.

Trust I don’t disagree. I even said during the half I was more concerned about the offense at that moment.

Lawrence fumble recovery was the perfect opportunity.

Can't fathom anyone watching this game and their first thought being the defense.
I can't fathom anyone that is complacent with a horrible defensive scheme. Baker isn't changing. This is Lashlee's 4th game? I give him the benefit of a doubt as opposed to Fake Baker.

This game was on the offense not the defense but I do think changes need to be made on the defensive staff eventually.

Advertisement
Back