NFL Fins make multiple 1st round trades

Haven’t seen @djnellz and @Cribby thoughts on the eagles part of the trade?
Man **** that trade.
Lol I see one of 3 things and me and my boy Philly.500 talked about this:

Collateral to trade up to get Zach Wilson (which is stupid)
Collateral to actually trade for Russell Wilson (no one should trade for Deshun Watson until his legal **** is taken care of)
Or they stay at 12 and they really are gonna blow up everything.
But I think Howie Dumbsman did this to get a QB HE wants. I feel bad for Hurts. I think he's a good QB. I wanted Wentz to stay and wanted Bienemy with Kafka as the OC, or trade him to Indy. But Lurie let Dumbsman **** up EVERYTHING and may possibly cause few agents not to come to Philly if he trades the whole draft for a top 2 pick or for Russell Wilson.
At least Russell would have a line, we got a top 3 right side of the line with Kelce, Brooks and Johnson when all healthy.

But this trade I feel is setting up for another trade like back in 2016. Either that, or they traded down cause they think a Trey Nance would drop. They need to build around Hurts with that pick and hope like he'll Wentz wins Comeback player of the year and he's an all pro for that 1st next year.

Advertisement
In 2013 the Miami Dolfinas traded their first-round pick (No. 12) and second-round pick (No. 42) to move up all the way to No. 3 in the draft. From a value perspective, I remember thinking the Dolfinas had fleeced Oakland and would take future Pro Bowl tackle Lane Johnson. Instead, they took a drug addict clown named Dion Jordan.
Thanks for Lane and that 2017 SB trophy. Watching my team beat the team we both hate the Cheatriots lose was great. But forgot one of the biggest pieces on that winning team was idiotically passed up by Miami. That year in 2017, Lane didn't allow a single sack on that right side and made Von Miller look like McCloud playing LB. I can't believe y'all passed him up. We wouldn't have gotten that trophy without Lane.

Man **** that trade.
Lol I see one of 3 things and me and my boy Philly.500 talked about this:

Collateral to trade up to get Zach Wilson (which is stupid)
Collateral to actually trade for Russell Wilson (no one should trade for Deshun Watson until his legal **** is taken care of)
Or they stay at 12 and they really are gonna blow up everything.
But I think Howie Dumbsman did this to get a QB HE wants. I feel bad for Hurts. I think he's a good QB. I wanted Wentz to stay and wanted Bienemy with Kafka as the OC, or trade him to Indy. But Lurie let Dumbsman **** up EVERYTHING and may possibly cause few agents not to come to Philly if he trades the whole draft for a top 2 pick or for Russell Wilson.
At least Russell would have a line, we got a top 3 right side of the line with Kelce, Brooks and Johnson when all healthy.

But this trade I feel is setting up for another trade like back in 2016. Either that, or they traded down cause they think a Trey Nance would drop. They need to build around Hurts with that pick and hope like he'll Wentz wins Comeback player of the year and he's an all pro for that 1st next year.
Y’all have a buttload of picks the next three years, better hope Howie knows how to draft.

I would build around Hurts, he’s cheap, can get good talent around him. Y’all also got that new coach lol (his presser was awesome, but not as good as Detroit’s)

Y’all have a buttload of picks the next three years, better hope Howie knows how to draft.

I would build around Hurts, he’s cheap, can get good talent around him. Y’all also got that new coach lol (his presser was awesome, but not as good as Detroit’s)
Howie doesn't know how to draft. I see why when Chip came in he locked Howie in a room somewhere in the Linc and got some pretty good pics. Lol

I am not really high on him, but they should have been building around Hurts. But Howie is in charge. He didn't build around Carson. He thought JJ Arthega-Whiteside was better than DK Metcalf. He passed on Justin Jefferson for Jaelan Reagor. So many whiffs from him. Great with numbers and cap savings. But sucks at drafting and does a great job in finding the wrong pieces.

Heard on a podcast that the rumor is the Phins are targeting Waddle with that 6th pick. My question is will they take him over Chase and/or Pitts? If Bengals trade down both could be available there.

It kinda makes sense if you're building around Tua and running a ton of boot action, RPOs and play action crossers. Waddle is better at that stuff than Chase whose game is more about winning 1on1 on straight dropbacks.

If it were me I'd take Pitts and trade Gesicki to a needy team like Arizona or Jacksonville. Can probably fetch mid/late 2nd value for him and get a good WR - Eskridge or Rondale Moore - with that pick value.

Advertisement
Heard on a podcast that the rumor is the Phins are targeting Waddle with that 6th pick. My question is will they take him over Chase and/or Pitts? If Bengals trade down both could be available there.

It kinda makes sense if you're building around Tua and running a ton of boot action, RPOs and play action crossers. Waddle is better at that stuff than Chase whose game is more about winning 1on1 on straight dropbacks.

If it were me I'd take Pitts and trade Gesicki to a needy team like Arizona or Jacksonville. Can probably fetch mid/late 2nd value for him and get a good WR - Eskridge or Rondale Moore - with that pick value.

This draft is going to be wild.

Mac the Knife at 3. Waddle at 6.

Yall wanna get crazy, we gonna get crazy.

Supposedly the smoke of Pitts at 4 is real. We'll see. They'll have Lance and Fields sitting there...I'll believe it when I see it, I guess.

Supposedly the smoke of Pitts at 4 is real. We'll see. They'll have Lance and Fields sitting there...I'll believe it when I see it, I guess.
Big if, but if Mac goes 3 and Pitts 4, do the Phins wind up trading back again? Two of the top QBs would be left in that case.

I'd take Pitts over Waddle and worry about fit/Gesicki later. I'd take Chase over all of them and worry about offensive system later. I'd really hope they don't pass on Chase because of Tua. And, I like Amari Rodgers later (he's being projected between 2nd and 3rd), too.

I think they're hedging their bets and, if the QB dominoes fall, are likely open to trading back one more time. In that case, I'd eye Parsons or Waddle.

Advertisement
I'd take Pitts over Waddle and worry about fit/Gesicki later. I'd take Chase over all of them and worry about offensive system later. I'd really hope they don't pass on Chase because of Tua. And, I like Amari Rodgers later (he's being projected between 2nd and 3rd), too.

I think they're hedging their bets and, if the QB dominoes fall, are likely open to trading back one more time. In that case, I'd eye Parsons or Waddle.

Yeah, and then think about it this way...

Pitts is considered to be the best TE, by far, with a big drop off to the next-best TEs, who will go late 2nd, early 3rd.

However, at WR, there are multiple WRs scattered at various levels in the draft. Why not skip on Chase/Waddle/Smith and go after a taller/bigger WR in the late first or even the second round, like Rashod Bateman or Terrace Marshall?

I'm concerned that if you give Tua either Waddle or Smith, that it will be such a security blanket for Tua that he ends up not looking for other receivers as much as he should. I was very unimpressed with 2020 Tua, both with his progressions and his hesitance to throw into tight windows (which Fitzpatrick was much better with). I'm not sure that giving Tua a former Alabama teammate will help him to grow and get better.

I'd take Pitts #1 overall if I was installing a wide zone scheme and my TE was that bum Hayden Hurst. I've never understood the hype with him although I appreciate his personal story.

I'm concerned that if you give Tua either Waddle or Smith, that it will be such a security blanket for Tua that he ends up not looking for other receivers as much as he should. I was very unimpressed with 2020 Tua, both with his progressions and his hesitance to throw into tight windows (which Fitzpatrick was much better with). I'm not sure that giving Tua a former Alabama teammate will help him to grow and get better.
Was worried about a few of these aspects prior to last year's draft, and said it in debates all over this board, but more concerned about them now, obviously. Hopefully, we see some unexpected leap. Because, for now, we're on that boat.

****, I read this wrong and though Batman had entered the draft.
1617192840169.png

Advertisement
I'd take Pitts #1 overall if I was installing a wide zone scheme and my TE was that bum Hayden Hurst. I've never understood the hype with him although I appreciate his personal story.
Oh my...can you imagine the Jaguars passing on Trevor?

At #6, give me Chase, Pitts or Sewell. Smith is a good enough player to get picked there but I lean toward size at that point in the draft.

There is a lot of Dolphins buzz around Smith, though, and he is a personality fit.

Advertisement
At #6, give me Chase, Pitts or Sewell. Smith is a good enough player to get picked there but I lean toward size at that point in the draft.

There is a lot of Dolphins buzz around Smith, though, and he is a personality fit.
I'd like:

#6: TE: Pitts (or Chase or Smith)
#18: OL: Darrisaw (or WR Kadarius Toney)
#36: HB: Javonte Williams (or Etienne if available)
#51: WR: Terrace Marshall

So basically a TE/WR in Pitts, another O-lineman, a second WR, and a HB. I want an army of weapons for Tua and a bit more solidification at the line.

I think there thought process is pitts or chase. One of either will be there. I think they are hoping for Pitts. I think at 18 tho they are crossing their fingers that jaylen is still there.

I'd like:

#6: TE: Pitts (or Chase or Smith)
#18: OL: Darrisaw (or WR Kadarius Toney)
#36: HB: Javonte Williams (or Etienne if available)
#51: WR: Terrace Marshall

So basically a TE/WR in Pitts, another O-lineman, a second WR, and a HB. I want an army of weapons for Tua and a bit more solidification at the line.
If your first two picks are OL and WR in some combination, wouldn't it make more sense to go Sewell at 6 if he is there and then best WR at 18? Sewell is coming out as one of those once in a decade OL.

Advertisement
Back