Finally (offensive line)

Against Duke, we did two things we should've done all year.

First, we started our best five with Darling-McDermott-Linder-Isidora-Odogwu. Second, we kept them in and didn't rotate. They weren't perfect but they looked better and allowed Rosier to settle in.
Golden had a strange obsession with rotating players. He was so **** bent on keeping players fresh through the game that he sacrificed continuity for it.

I dont know if I've ever seen a coach believe in himself as much as golden and be so wrong so often

Didn't i take him until senior year to make the travel squad at psu? Maybe he spent a lot of time on the bench and think he was wronged by it.

Advertisement

First, we started our best five with Darling-McDermott-Linder-Isidora-Odogwu. Second, we kept them in and didn't rotate. They weren't perfect but they looked better and allowed Rosier to settle in.

And we thought you need a new coach to make a difference -- turns out just firing one helps a lot.

It has to be Golden philosophy to rotate then. Coley hinted to a reporter when asked that they won't be rotating anymore. Strange how assistants do better when not handcuffed by a bad HC.

Art mentioned it his first year back. Al like to rotate and have them play every position.

ART KEHOE has ALWAYS ROTATED HIS LINEMEN!!

That is Art's core philosphy that all his linemen should be able to play any position in case of injury or poor performance. The only time he doesn't rotate a play is when they have completely cemented themselves at one spot such as a LT or a Center.

He feels it will make them better overall players and also more valuable long term in the NFL with the ability to make pro team at any position along the oline. I think it sucks personally, but Art Kehoe has put more linemen in the NFL than any other Oline coach in college football history so the proof is in the pudding.

Go Canes

this is the exact opposite of what he told me in person this summer.

Yeap. He said same in interview couple years back -- Al wanted rotation. Art said he always went with best five -- joked that we never had more than five before. I don't remember much rotation in any position back in the good old days. Did Playmaker ever come out of the game? Maybe we rotated and didn't notice because we were always winning.

It has to be Golden philosophy to rotate then. Coley hinted to a reporter when asked that they won't be rotating anymore. Strange how assistants do better when not handcuffed by a bad HC.

i spoke to Kehoe in the summer and he told me that Golden wanted rotation just about at every position other than QB.

Which ultimately lead to rotating quarterbacks.

Advertisement
ART KEHOE has ALWAYS ROTATED HIS LINEMEN!!

That is Art's core philosphy that all his linemen should be able to play any position in case of injury or poor performance. The only time he doesn't rotate a play is when they have completely cemented themselves at one spot such as a LT or a Center.

He feels it will make them better overall players and also more valuable long term in the NFL with the ability to make pro team at any position along the oline. I think it sucks personally, but Art Kehoe has put more linemen in the NFL than any other Oline coach in college football history so the proof is in the pudding.

Go Canes

this is the exact opposite of what he told me in person this summer.

Yeap. He said same in interview couple years back -- Al wanted rotation. Art said he always went with best five -- joked that we never had more than five before. I don't remember much rotation in any position back in the good old days. Did Playmaker ever come out of the game? Maybe we rotated and didn't notice because we were always winning.

It makes sense at certain high mileage positions to rotate a bit more frequently. RB, WR, DT, etc. That's not unusual at all and everybody does it. But this mass substituting 9 or 10 players, GTFOOH. That's straight up ****** corching.

In the past, we always rotated after we were up big. That's how you do it properly and give your youngins valuable experience.

I remember T the beginning of the year The staff kept emphasizing the need to have seven quality O linemen I think we are over reacting to the concept of rotating the line. That!s sound football. Our problem is that we don't have enough starter quality lineman to rotate.

Golden had a strange obsession with rotating players. He was so **** bent on keeping players fresh through the game that he sacrificed continuity for it.

I dont know if I've ever seen a coach believe in himself as much as golden and be so wrong so often

Couldn't have put it better if I had said it myself. Golden can see reality because he's so stuck in is own psycho reality. Best players play, this ain't t-ball.

I saw Darling STILL giving up the soft corner.

One of the major changes there (at least that's not being talked about) is that Rosier is much more mobile and willing to run than Kaakaya. In instances like that, you need a more deliberate rush so that the QB doesn't leave via the side door.

I'm very concerned w/ Darling's ability to play the position. He looks worse than B. Washington did that year playing LT.

Advertisement

I saw Darling STILL giving up the soft corner.

One of the major changes there (at least that's not being talked about) is that Rosier is much more mobile and willing to run than Kaakaya. In instances like that, you need a more deliberate rush so that the QB doesn't leave via the side door.

I'm very concerned w/ Darling's ability to play the position. He looks worse than B. Washington did that year playing LT.

People don't talk about Malik Rosier enough around here.

This x10000000000

Excellent point. And I'll add, be so wrong so often AND NOT CHANGE.

Golden took no child left behind to the extreme.

giphy-2.gif

Advertisement
Offensive lineman Sunny Odogwu scooped up a fumble in the end zone during the second quarter that helped give Miami a 14-0 lead after the extra point.

Wednesday, the 6-foot-8, 322-pound linemen detailed how the play unfolded in a way only he could.

“I was blocking and I always try to run to the ball and look at where it is on every play. After my block, I pushed the guy outside and when he ran outside, I saw lots of piles, everyone was laying down and then I turned around and saw something brown roll out,” Odogwu said. “I was like, ‘That’s not someone’s leg. That’s the ball!’ so I’ve got to go get it. I ran to the ball and dragged it to me. I figured if I bounced on it…the ball would just slide off you, so I went hands first and dragged it to me. I was just there to secure the ball, but then Kc McDermott started yelling in my ear, ‘Sunny! You scored a touchdown!’ It’s a touchdown.’ I was like, ‘Huh?’ The Duke guy was trying to put his hands to drag the ball and I was like, ‘Dude, there is no way you’re going to get the ball from me. No shot. No shot.’”

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

There has always been way too much rotation at the WR position as well. I never understand seeing Malcolm Lewis or Braxton Berrios playing over Herb Waters.

Advertisement
When someone is dead tired or their performance is bad then they come out. Otherwise we shouldn't have to see this rotating crap going on.

I hope Golden can't sell his home! I want him to have difficulty in everything he puts his mind to or is vested in!

Not saying I disagree with you but O-Line rotations are kind of en vogue right now in the NFL and some colleges. It never did make sense to me though either. I would also assume you have more room for error on the rotation if there isn't a large talent gap with the guy you're rotating. Which in our situation seems to be the case.

Here's a quote from the Broncos this weekend:

On the offensive line’s chemistry:
“I think we rotated them even more last week and I think that’s a good trend. We’ll just keep playing them because I think it keeps our guys fresh. Not just at running back when we rotate those like we talked about with C.J. and Ronnie and our wide receivers moving in. It helps to keep them fresh and we’re throwing new guys out there for the defensive guys to look at. I think we’ll just keep working them and we’ll take it week by week, play by play, series by series you don’t know.”

They Said It: Von Miller, Broncos coaches on preparing for Colts

I understand that college and pros are different, however, that's probably where Golden got it from. However, when the results are less than spectacular, you'd think you look at a different approach.

They're running a clown show bro.

Our fans know everything.

Rotating linemen is clown show.

Great. A Pats fan. Lemme guess, every post/statement gonna somehow find its way back to the Pats/Belichek and his metro sexual QB Tommy Brady? This should be a nice addition. Big differences in dealing with a college roster and its limits to that of an NFL roster.

Go Canes!

Not saying I disagree with you but O-Line rotations are kind of en vogue right now in the NFL and some colleges. It never did make sense to me though either. I would also assume you have more room for error on the rotation if there isn't a large talent gap with the guy you're rotating. Which in our situation seems to be the case.

Here's a quote from the Broncos this weekend:

On the offensive line’s chemistry:
“I think we rotated them even more last week and I think that’s a good trend. We’ll just keep playing them because I think it keeps our guys fresh. Not just at running back when we rotate those like we talked about with C.J. and Ronnie and our wide receivers moving in. It helps to keep them fresh and we’re throwing new guys out there for the defensive guys to look at. I think we’ll just keep working them and we’ll take it week by week, play by play, series by series you don’t know.”

They Said It: Von Miller, Broncos coaches on preparing for Colts

I understand that college and pros are different, however, that's probably where Golden got it from. However, when the results are less than spectacular, you'd think you look at a different approach.

They're running a clown show bro.

Our fans know everything.

Rotating linemen is clown show.

Great. A Pats fan. Lemme guess, every post/statement gonna somehow find its way back to the Pats/Belichek and his metro sexual QB Tommy Brady? This should be a nice addition. Big differences in dealing with a college roster and its limits to that of an NFL roster.

Go Canes!

+

Some of these guys don't even hash mark bro!

Advertisement
Back