Finally (offensive line)

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Against Duke, we did two things we should've done all year.

First, we started our best five with Darling-McDermott-Linder-Isidora-Odogwu. Second, we kept them in and didn't rotate. They weren't perfect but they looked better and allowed Rosier to settle in.

Advertisement
It has to be Golden philosophy to rotate then. Coley hinted to a reporter when asked that they won't be rotating anymore. Strange how assistants do better when not handcuffed by a bad HC.

Yep I think that was his recruiting pledge to these kids, everyone will play, nobody redshirts

First, we started our best five with Darling-McDermott-Linder-Isidora-Odogwu. Second, we kept them in and didn't rotate. They weren't perfect but they looked better and allowed Rosier to settle in.
Golden had a strange obsession with rotating players. He was so **** bent on keeping players fresh through the game that he sacrificed continuity for it.

I dont know if I've ever seen a coach believe in himself as much as golden and be so wrong so often

Golden had a strange obsession with rotating players. He was so **** bent on keeping players fresh through the game that he sacrificed continuity for it.

I dont know if I've ever seen a coach believe in himself as much as golden and be so wrong so often

Yeah I've never seen that in all my years watching CFB.

Last year he would play Perryman 2 series and then take him out. This year, Bush sat out the whole 1st half vs Cincy and then didn't play him on some series in the 2nd half. Golden was a complete incompetent.

Advertisement

People don't talk about Rosier enough. You were 100 when you (or one of you CiS guys) said he would be pushing Kaaya for PT.

He's light years ahead of Kaaya in so far as what an OC can do with him and an offense.

Please tell us more about Rosier? Or no because it doesn't fit the narrative?

Last year he would play Perryman 2 series and then take him out. This year, Bush sat out the whole 1st half vs Cincy and then didn't play him on some series in the 2nd half. Golden was a complete incompetent.

Bush was suspended for the 1st half against Cincy because of a Targeting call in the Nebraska game.

Advertisement

Bush was suspended for the 1st half against Cincy because of a Targeting call in the Nebraska game.

Exactly. So he should have been rested enough to play the entire second half without need for substitution.

Advertisement

Not saying I disagree with you but O-Line rotations are kind of en vogue right now in the NFL and some colleges. It never did make sense to me though either. I would also assume you have more room for error on the rotation if there isn't a large talent gap with the guy you're rotating. Which in our situation seems to be the case.

Here's a quote from the Broncos this weekend:

On the offensive line’s chemistry:
“I think we rotated them even more last week and I think that’s a good trend. We’ll just keep playing them because I think it keeps our guys fresh. Not just at running back when we rotate those like we talked about with C.J. and Ronnie and our wide receivers moving in. It helps to keep them fresh and we’re throwing new guys out there for the defensive guys to look at. I think we’ll just keep working them and we’ll take it week by week, play by play, series by series you don’t know.”

They Said It: Von Miller, Broncos coaches on preparing for Colts

I understand that college and pros are different, however, that's probably where Golden got it from. However, when the results are less than spectacular, you'd think you look at a different approach.

Not saying I disagree with you but O-Line rotations are kind of en vogue right now in the NFL and some colleges. It never did make sense to me though either. I would also assume you have more room for error on the rotation if there isn't a large talent gap with the guy you're rotating. Which in our situation seems to be the case.

Here's a quote from the Broncos this weekend:

On the offensive line’s chemistry:
“I think we rotated them even more last week and I think that’s a good trend. We’ll just keep playing them because I think it keeps our guys fresh. Not just at running back when we rotate those like we talked about with C.J. and Ronnie and our wide receivers moving in. It helps to keep them fresh and we’re throwing new guys out there for the defensive guys to look at. I think we’ll just keep working them and we’ll take it week by week, play by play, series by series you don’t know.”

They Said It: Von Miller, Broncos coaches on preparing for Colts

I understand that college and pros are different, however, that's probably where Golden got it from. However, when the results are less than spectacular, you'd think you look at a different approach.

They're running a clown show bro.

Our fans know everything.

Rotating linemen is clown show.

We don't have the talent to run the rotating system.

It's great to run if you have a plurality of talent. We don't we have 5 real starters and 3 backups. That does not make for a good rotating system.

Why are some of the easiest concepts the hardest for morans to decipher?

Advertisement
We don't have the talent to run the rotating system.

It's great to run if you have a plurality of talent. We don't we have 5 real starters and 3 backups. That does not make for a good rotating system.

Why are some of the easiest concepts the hardest for morans to decipher?

That's what I said.

I rewatched the 1999 Sugar Bowl agajnst UF.

Towards the end of the game, the announcers stated that the Miami starting OL played every snap.

The rotation thing was one of Golden's major fault amongst many.

Advertisement
Back