Finally (offensive line)

Against Duke, we did two things we should've done all year.

First, we started our best five with Darling-McDermott-Linder-Isidora-Odogwu. Second, we kept them in and didn't rotate. They weren't perfect but they looked better and allowed Rosier to settle in.

Not saying I disagree with you but O-Line rotations are kind of en vogue right now in the NFL and some colleges. It never did make sense to me though either. I would also assume you have more room for error on the rotation if there isn't a large talent gap with the guy you're rotating. Which in our situation seems to be the case.

Here's a quote from the Broncos this weekend:

On the offensive line’s chemistry:
“I think we rotated them even more last week and I think that’s a good trend. We’ll just keep playing them because I think it keeps our guys fresh. Not just at running back when we rotate those like we talked about with C.J. and Ronnie and our wide receivers moving in. It helps to keep them fresh and we’re throwing new guys out there for the defensive guys to look at. I think we’ll just keep working them and we’ll take it week by week, play by play, series by series you don’t know.”

They Said It: Von Miller, Broncos coaches on preparing for Colts

I understand that college and pros are different, however, that's probably where Golden got it from. However, when the results are less than spectacular, you'd think you look at a different approach.

They're running a clown show bro.

Our fans know everything.

Rotating linemen is clown show.

Great. A Pats fan. Lemme guess, every post/statement gonna somehow find its way back to the Pats/Belichek and his metro sexual QB Tommy Brady? This should be a nice addition. Big differences in dealing with a college roster and its limits to that of an NFL roster.

Go Canes!

+

Some of these guys don't even hash mark bro!

I'm not sure what that means?

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Not saying I disagree with you but O-Line rotations are kind of en vogue right now in the NFL and some colleges. It never did make sense to me though either. I would also assume you have more room for error on the rotation if there isn't a large talent gap with the guy you're rotating. Which in our situation seems to be the case.

“I think we rotated them even more last week and I think that’s a good trend. We’ll just keep playing them because I think it keeps our guys fresh. Not just at running back when we rotate those like we talked about with C.J. and Ronnie and our wide receivers moving in. It helps to keep them fresh and we’re throwing new guys out there for the defensive guys to look at. I think we’ll just keep working them and we’ll take it week by week, play by play, series by series you don’t know.”

I understand that college and pros are different, however, that's probably where Golden got it from. However, when the results are less than spectacular, you'd think you look at a different approach.

Great. A Pats fan. Lemme guess, every post/statement gonna somehow find its way back to the Pats/Belichek and his metro sexual QB Tommy Brady? This should be a nice addition. Big differences in dealing with a college roster and its limits to that of an NFL roster.

Go Canes!

+

Go Canes!

It means the hash marks in college are much wider than the hash marks in the NFL.

This makes skeems that work in college irrelevant in the NFL. READ SPREAD OFFENSE

The NFL is having a QB shortage because of this. Long story short.......

The spread can work easily in college because of the widened hash marks. It makes for a wide side and a short side of the field on most downs which gives your receivers on the wide side much more room to operate in.

Why the NFL Has a Quarterback Crisis - WSJ

Last edited:

First, we started our best five with Darling-McDermott-Linder-Isidora-Odogwu. Second, we kept them in and didn't rotate. They weren't perfect but they looked better and allowed Rosier to settle in.

I didn't mind it the last couple years because we had veterans and we had talent. My issue is that some guys in the rotation this year (like Gall) weren't UM quality and the young starting five needed time to gel.

Think the new coach, whoever he is, sends this kid (Gal) packing. He is truly awful.

The O-Line and Safety rotations in themselves should have been enough to get Al fired two years ago. No sane football coach trades continuity for conditioning.

Go Canes!

+

Go Canes!

It means the hash marks in college are much wider than the hash marks in the NFL.

This makes skeems that work in college irrelevant in the NFL. READ SPREAD OFFENSE

The spread can work easily in college because of the widened hash marks. It makes for a wide side and a short side of the field on most downs which gives your receivers on the wide side much more room to operate in.

Its amazing how many people don't know this.

Advertisement
Rotating the line works when you have Bradys and Mannings for quarterbacks who get the ball out in nanoseconds. Those linemen barely have to hold their own blocks, much less coordinate as a unit. Put Belichick and his rotating o-line in front of a ****** QB and see what kind of genius he is or how awesome that rotating o-line will be.

I remember T the beginning of the year The staff kept emphasizing the need to have seven quality O linemen I think we are over reacting to the concept of rotating the line. That!s sound football. Our problem is that we don't have enough starter quality lineman to rotate.

That's kind of the point. If you "don't have enough starter quality linemen" then you shouldn't rotate them.

Golden had a strange obsession with rotating players. He was so **** bent on keeping players fresh through the game that he sacrificed continuity for it.

I dont know if I've ever seen a coach believe in himself as much as golden and be so wrong so often

Well, he could always fix things...he was constantly fixing things, week after week. Just never got a chance to fix all things he needed to fix. One thing get fixed, and another thing popped up that needed fixing.

He's probably still fixing things somewhere. Maybe a leak underneath the sink.

Advertisement

May be less of a drop-off, much less of a drop-off from Bronco starters to subs than from our first and second teamers. We don't have much quality depth on OL, a typical pro team usually has more experienced depth. Somebody goes down, they can pick up another experienced OL off the waiver wire.

The only way it's not a clown show is if the guys rotating in are just as good as the guys subbing out. Golden had a way of viewing everyone with fairly equal talent and it was more about who TRIED HARDER. That may work when you have a collection of talent that doesn't pull from places like Florida and other talent hotbeds. On teams like Temple or a Rutgers or others of that style, you likely have a much more level playing field ...so that works. It's not a bad philosophy in general, it just makes no sense when you're talking about a roster like Miami's.

Golden had a strange obsession with rotating players. He was so **** bent on keeping players fresh through the game that he sacrificed continuity for it.

I dont know if I've ever seen a coach believe in himself as much as golden and be so wrong so often

Well, he could always fix things...he was constantly fixing things, week after week. Just never got a chance to fix all things he needed to fix. One thing get fixed, and another thing popped up that needed fixing.

He's probably still fixing things somewhere. Maybe a leak underneath the sink.

I've said this before but the biggest problem for Golden was that he just didn't know any better. His style, experience and plan just was not a fit. And before you say that he should change his way of thinking....I'll tell you he reached a point pretty quickly when his moves became just as much about prepping for his NEXT job as they did about saving his current one.

Go Canes!

+

Go Canes!

Thanks for clarifying.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
gO LOOK AT Waltons TD RUN.... They pulled isidorra and he just whiffed on everybody....I never watch oline play but that was embarassing. I thought he was an NFL player

Advertisement
Back