Final Visit list this weekend (5/5)

Advertisement
No but those who have graduated could be nudged to grad transfer elsewhere

Or "retire due to injury". Or some other option.

And I have to crack up every time a poster says "Ragone". As I've pointed out, he was a walk-on who was given a scholarhip that is renewable (or non-renewable) on an annual basis. But then some message board genius will pull up an article where some coach said "Ragone will have his scholarhip forever" and act as if that is a binding contract on UM. The reality is that Ragone is far enough along in his studies where he could EASILY qualify for a scholarship to a UM graduate program. And before people act like that's an impossibility, let's not forget that Ragone was an unrecruited walk-on.

So, yes, we are not bound by NCAA rules and Letter of Intent legalities when it comes to how we handle Ragone's scholarship.

Mammarelli is stil on roster and think he said he was gunna leave. Michael Redding could leave. Some Olineman like Chris Washington or Michael McLaughlin or Ryan Rodriguez. And wouldn’t be surprising if like a Brashard Smith or Malike Curtis transfered out either.

We are getting close on numbers but don’t think it’s anything too difficult to solve

1683481577895.gif

What time we fuccin fuccin

Advertisement
Advertisement
Or "retire due to injury". Or some other option.

And I have to crack up every time a poster says "Ragone". As I've pointed out, he was a walk-on who was given a scholarhip that is renewable (or non-renewable) on an annual basis. But then some message board genius will pull up an article where some coach said "Ragone will have his scholarhip forever" and act as if that is a binding contract on UM. The reality is that Ragone is far enough along in his studies where he could EASILY qualify for a scholarship to a UM graduate program. And before people act like that's an impossibility, let's not forget that Ragone was an unrecruited walk-on.

So, yes, we are not bound by NCAA rules and Letter of Intent legalities when it comes to how we handle Ragone's scholarship.
Am I one of the few here who thinks it’s wrong to pull a kid’s scholarship while attending and trying to complete his education and degree? l’m sure there are others. If he sucks, it was a bad eval on us likely. I know there are outliers but for the most part I’m not a fan of that.

Am I one of the few here who thinks it’s wrong to pull a kid’s scholarship while attending and trying to complete his education and degree? l’m sure there are others. If he sucks, it was a bad eval on us likely. I know there are outliers but for the most part I’m not a fan of that.
While I agree with you on that point I think it’s just bad wording on posters part. I don’t think anyone is getting their scholly pulled. I think some dudes will graduate and look to transfer for better playing opportunities or maybe someone graduates and decides they’re done with football like Bar Milo did a few years back. Walkons are a different story.

Yeah that's ****** (I'd still do it, this is more of a mutual business now than ever before with NIL and transferring) but I'm talking about kids that have already graduated or are about to graduate that are dead weight.

I’m on the fence here. It’s not a great move but if I’m on an academic scholarship and I’m not maintaining a certain GPA, most likely there will stipulations that I do and I can lose that scholarship. If that’s the case then why is it unfair to do that to an athlete, especially if they are now allowed to bounce to another school via free transfer? It would feel ****** to pull a kid’s scholly though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree. Scholarship players should be given 4 years to earn their undergraduate degree.

One can make a different argument if a scholarship player has earned his undergraduate degree or remained on scholarship for more than 4 years but for whatever reason still has eligibility remaining.

Advertisement
Back