Final spring observations

View as article
I think Kaaya is a great QB however, I notice he locks on to his favorite WR/TE and exclusively looks for that person alotnofnthe times...I really believe this is hurting Waters and Coley...I saw several times at the spring game and last year Coley and Waters would be open and he would throw short to Berrios (spring game) or Walford (last season) or a well covered Dorsett (last season) or Scott (spring game)...It is well known WR's are Diva's which is code for fragile minded...I know for a fact that Coley feels like he is being misused and over looked in this offense... I believe its the same for Waters, Berrios should not be getting PT over Waters last year... no way with their talent and an elite QB our offense should have problems moving the balling or scoring...

Advertisement
I'm not impressed with **** on this squad. Not drinking a drop of no got **** Kool aid ESPECIALLY with our flip floppy *** fan bases. I don't see a try standout at ANY position to include Kaaya. No knock against him but blaming the recieving corps for his picks isn't an excuse I'm willing to deal with at this point. Michael Irving is fired up for our BASKETBALL team who's in an entirely different sport and they've made the NIT final, won the COASTAL AND ACC and Golden works in the same GOT **** athletics section with larranaga so if this team isn't dominating at all positions I don't expect **** from any portion of this Canes team

For those who are showing optimism for this upcoming season lets not forget that UM has a BUM HC and his name is Al Golden. And what has history has shown of Golden... he is a sorry HC.

Nice to see all three phases represented. Because lord knows special teams is irrelevant.

Cagott signing off.

Advertisement
D$ gets dap & rep for saying Jerome Washington can't catch but I said that after the 1st Canes camp vid and got negged and hated on :rolleyes:

lol @ the staph finally figuring out Jermaine Grace is a baller. Tyrone Cornileus & Thurston Armbrister played over this kid...for years :jordan:

You're probably right. I just feel like 8 wins we'll hear a lot of "the record improved" talk, and he'll be off the hot seat. At least with the people who do the firing.
I don't think we'll win only 4 games. Heck, we were worse in 2013 and won 9. My fear isn't winning 4 games, it's winning 8. Not bad enough to get Golden fired, and not good enough to win anything meaningful. 4 wins is a pipe dream, and so is 12. For that reason, we split the difference and win 8, making NO ONE happy. Well, at least no fans.

I think even 7, he stays.

Advertisement
Five months to improve the team. Plus there will be freshman to evaluate. Too early to panic, but panic early if you must.

Typical year-in year-out condescending strawman "panic" nonsense.

People aren't panicking. They are recognizing that this team has a ton of deficiencies and does not have the coaching staff to mask them.

Every year posters wish away the glaring problems and dole out wishful spin jobs asserting that "if" this player can step up or that player develops we'll be fine. Ignoring wishful thinking is not panicking. .

Five months to improve the team. Plus there will be freshman to evaluate. Too early to panic, but panic early if you must.

People aren't panicking. They are recognizing that this team has a ton of deficiencies and does not have the coaching staff to mask them.

Every year posters wish away the glaring problems and dole out wishful spin jobs asserting that "if" this player can step up or that player develops we'll be fine. Ignoring wishful thinking is not panicking. .

This. Stop being enamored with potential and practice reports. Stop going off of the stars and hype that everyone gives these kids. With this staff, all that potential is bull ****. You have 5 years of data and results to analyze. **** is not getting better. I have zero faith that this staff will improve anything in 5 months if they haven't done it in 5 years.

This. Stop being enamored with potential and practice reports. Stop going off of the stars and hype that everyone gives these kids. With this staff, all that potential is bull ****. You have 5 years of data and results to analyze. **** is not getting better. I have zero faith that this staff will improve anything in 5 months if they haven't done it in 5 years.

Exactly. It's all "maybe the light bulb has turned on for this guy" and "hope this guy develops". Golden and his band haven't created the culture it takes to win at Miami. He's a career .500 coach. Nothing more. The guy he's joined at the hip with says "yards don't matter". He should've been perp walked out of the Hecht immediately after that comment. Tells you all you need to know.

Advertisement

Exactly. It's all "maybe the light bulb has turned on for this guy" and "hope this guy develops". Golden and his band haven't created the culture it takes to win at Miami. He's a career .500 coach. Nothing more. The guy he's joined at the hip with says "yards don't matter". He should've been perp walked out of the Hecht immediately after that comment. Tells you all you need to know.

I'm not here to tell anyone how to be a fan because all that does is lead to salty dialog and frayed feelings. We're all here for the same thing--strong heterosexual bonding.

Having said that, it seems that a fan without hope is no longer a fan. Hope is our bond. Hope fuels us. Hope strengthens our ties to our beloved team and, in turn, energizes those young men that we love platonically to strive for greatness.

When we focus on only the traditional metrics of winning, such as the final score, we become fans of winning, not fans of the kids and the program.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm going to change my perspective a bit and focus on all of the minute to minute victories that my program achieves and not just the traditional, antiquated, and toxic metrics like the final score of a single game.

What about the less traditional and more growth-centric indicia of victory like giving effort, being a good teammate, being a good student, helping the community, and smiling? Those are victories that often go uncelebrated while we hyper-focus on scores.

There are 12 to 14 chances to win the scoreboard per year. There are millions of chances to win life moments per year. I'm a fan of those life moments.

I'm not here to tell anyone how to be a fan because all that does is lead to salty dialog and frayed feelings. We're all here for the same thing--strong heterosexual bonding.

Having said that, it seems that a fan without hope is no longer a fan. Hope is our bond. Hope fuels us. Hope strengthens our ties to our beloved team and, in turn, energizes those young men that we love platonically to strive for greatness.

When we focus on only the traditional metrics of winning, such as the final score, we become fans of winning, not fans of the kids and the program.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm going to change my perspective a bit and focus on all of the minute to minute victories that my program achieves and not just the traditional, antiquated, and toxic metrics like the final score of a single game.

What about the less traditional and more growth-centric indicia of victory like giving effort, being a good teammate, being a good student, helping the community, and smiling? Those are victories that often go uncelebrated while we hyper-focus on scores.

There are 12 to 14 chances to win the scoreboard per year. There are millions of chances to win life moments per year. I'm a fan of those life moments.

Haha Chise. I like you, man. You are witty and pretty funny. I would love to see your insights if you weren't totally full of ****. Always clownin

lol @ the staph finally figuring out Jermaine Grace is a baller. Tyrone Cornileus & Thurston Armbrister played over this kid...for years :jordan:

So you're saying there's value in having a speedy, under-sized linebacker that is highly athletic??? <insert sarcasm emoji here>

Advertisement
I don't know if Herb is any good. I have seen flashes, kind of..But to be considered good you have to be consistent. Herb has not been even close. Coley, who knows? Last year was pretty weak. He had a **** good freshman year though. Rashawn Scott has all the tools but nothing to show for it under live fire. He looks and sounds great on paper. We will see. If Berrios can learn how to catch he might be ok. I have not seen anything out of him yet that gets me excited. I really don't know who our " #1" is. Coley I guess? Scott?? If you go by numbers these two are not even on the 2 deep on any top tier teams in the country. Maybe at IU or Purdue. I think we all know the talent, but you are what your numbers say you are.

In closing, I don't know if we are any good at WR or not. Judging by last year we are not. I don't trust our staph to develop talent at all. Having said that, I do think BK is good enough to make all of these kids better than what they have shown.

Compelling.

IMO, this will be one of the worst RB core in Canes history. Could never run when we needed to with three years of Duke Johnson, and we had ZERO competant backups against average or better competition. Of course not criticizing Gus No Gain and Marvis Frazier Yearby. They tried.

Now, with a inferior OL and a stable of RBs that couldn't make 3rd string for any top 20 programs I can name, we are suddenly good. Not to mention without a NFL WR and a NFL TE like Walford and Dorsett, AND a QB who made a reputation for himself for NOT making plays when it mattered.

That Labor Day UL game will be deja vu about 8 times next year.

"You're probably right. I just feel like 8 wins we'll hear a lot of "the record improved" talk, and he'll be off the hot seat.
I don't think we'll win only 4 games. Heck, we were worse in 2013 and won 9. My fear isn't winning 4 games, it's winning 8. Not bad enough to get Golden fired, and not good enough to win anything meaningful. 4 wins is a pipe dream, and so is 12. For that reason, we split the difference and win 8, making NO ONE happy. Well, at least no fans.
I think even 7, he stays."

Administration expects ACCCG appearance or he will be fired. From a BOT member.

Advertisement
Back