Film Review of GT Game

great post. very much appreciated. one small suggestion. sometimes it is unclear what text correlates to what picture. you start a new paragraph with the description of a play and it is not clear until you read further whether that paragraph is being depicted in the still photography.

i've learned a lot from reading your posts. thanks again.

Advertisement
Great write-up.

One thing though, Darling wasn't in the same recruiting class as Homer and Jackson. He's a senior.

So despite all the complaints about our route trees on this board this breakdown shows guys running wide open all over the field and our QB making some bad reads/decisions.

Exactly. I've been preaching this for days. So many message board morans blame the playcalling.the fact if the matter is is that Rosier is LIMITED. Richt has been trying to PROTECT him, yet these dumbasses want even MORE risky throws over the middle or complicated route trees.

It's 100% true you don't know for sure until you break these games down and see that the coaches are making adjustments and calling some good plays resulting in wide open guys. We just need to pump the breaks on the natty talk and just get better each week. If Richt says Malik is the best we've got then I trust him. Teams have been successful with far worse...

Great write-up.

One thing though, Darling wasn't in the same recruiting class as Homer and Jackson. He's a senior.

Wasn't clear enough, it appears. I was talking about Homer. I had Homer as our #2 recruit after I did a film review of all of our recruits. I ended up moving Joe Jackson to #1 overall, but I loved Homer on film and never understood why some analysts said he was a finesse back. He's a great all-around player.

That shot of McDermott still in his stance with the DE 3 yds up the field on a 3rd down.... wow! Kaaya would have been murdered, but I remember Rosier spun away from him beautifully

Advertisement
So despite all the complaints about our route trees on this board this breakdown shows guys running wide open all over the field and our QB making some bad reads/decisions.

Exactly. I've been preaching this for days. So many message board morans blame the playcalling.the fact if the matter is is that Rosier is LIMITED. Richt has been trying to PROTECT him, yet these dumbasses want even MORE risky throws over the middle or complicated route trees.

Ive been arguing with Jedi about this shid since last season. This man is crazyt enough to think Richt, who made his name, off shallow cross concepts forgot how to attack the middle of the field.

Richt knows how to attack the field but he doesn't trust Kaaya or Rosiers consistency. As is quite evident Rosier is suspect af throwing over the middle and trying to fit balls in between the safeties and linebackers.

Yet, still we run plenty of routes over the middle the Rosier just flat out ignores.

Ive been waiting on this thread because I Was sure [MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] would see the same misses that I see.

We do not run 4 verts on every third down. Although we can and have. we def. don't do it every third down just because Rosier decides to throw it to the vertical route.

These are amazing. Thank you for these every week. One thing I have noticed is for the most part Diaz has the guys in the right spot to make plays, they just arent making them.

"The next play is the crazy snap play over his head. This is maybe the best trait that Rosier possesses. He is very poised. When that ball went over his head and he went scrambling for it, truthfully, I expected him to just fall on it, but he remined calm. Then when he went scrambling towards the sideline I expected him to throw it away. Instead, he made a play and threw a pass along the sideline that Mullins somehow caught. Whether the ball was caught or not, it was a demonstration of poise in the leader on the field. Players notice these things."

Not just players, bro. Fans notice these things, too. I made the comment on an earlier thread about the difference between this year, this team, this staff, and years prior, is that I never once thought we'd lose this game. And it was that play, others like it as well, but that one in particular where we just flat out refused to be beaten...man it's a good time to be alive.

Thank you for doing these.

@vision do you think Mahoney is an upgrade over Donaldson at the moment? Or Darling for that matter

Hartley needs to get his special teams units **** together.

By the way, whats your football background again?

Advertisement

Ive been arguing with Jedi about this shid since last season. This man is crazyt enough to think Richt, who made his name, off shallow cross concepts forgot how to attack the middle of the field.

Richt knows how to attack the field but he doesn't trust Kaaya or Rosiers consistency. As is quite evident Rosier is suspect af throwing over the middle and trying to fit balls in between the safeties and linebackers.

Yet, still we run plenty of routes over the middle the Rosier just flat out ignores.

Ive been waiting on this thread because I Was sure [MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] would see the same misses that I see.

We do not run 4 verts on every third down. Although we can and have. we def. don't do it every third down just because Rosier decides to throw it to the vertical route.

Yup. You're still a ******* moron.

I watched the game for Mccloud and he was improved in the second half (hard not to be considering his first half, I know). I didn't see you describe a play where he finally figured out how to play the pitch. That was just one example. He did have an awful first half. If he was thinking, he lost badly. Got cracked down on certain plays because of indecision. Was late in angles on others. Seemed to play more assertively in second half and a couple plays stood out.

McCloud's play is baffling. I have to think we see noticeable improvement going forward.

Advertisement

Yup. You're still a ****ing moron.

If im a moron youre a total fuqin ******. Youve been exposed bich.

So stfu and let the big boys talk while you dream about a new innovative OC with fresh route concepts that attack the middle of the field!

Fuqin dolt

Wait a second. What's the argument here? Is it that we're running great route concepts or that we're not in order to limit reads for Rosier (and protect him)? Or both?

And, how does HurricaneVision's review (which does not go through every single play, unless I'm missing something) support either? He questioned route concepts (all verts) in some parts. He picked out route combinations he really liked in others.

Outside of the 50/50 balls, I actually didn't have a problem with how we attacked in the passing game. Thought it was pretty solid given Rosier's attributes. But, I don't see any overwhelming evidence from this breakdown supporting either side.

I can't be the only one who was seeing these Mark D'onofrio like alignment during the game to.

Advertisement
Wait a second. What's the argument here? Is it that we're running great route concepts or that we're not in order to limit reads for Rosier (and protect him)? Or both?

And, how does HurricaneVision's review (which does not go through every single play, unless I'm missing something) support either? He questioned route concepts (all verts) in some parts. He picked out route combinations he really liked in others.

Outside of the 50/50 balls, I actually didn't have a problem with how we attacked in the passing game. Thought it was pretty solid given Rosier's attributes. But, I don't see any overwhelming evidence from this breakdown supporting either side.

I don't think rosier is comfortable attacking the middle of the field, that's about all there is to say there

as for chosenone's post after this, multiple 3rd or 4th downs ( I can't even remember now ) where they only had ONE YARD TO GO and we were in 3 DL... come on

Then you are spot on in your assessment. I don't do every single play (some are straightforward).

I have absolutely no agenda. I go through the plays as they occur on my playbook. I write as I go and often times I'll see a coverage and expect a certain route but that's not what we do. Richt knows a lot more than I do about football so I'm not trying to portray anything different.

My memory is probably hazy, but I thought I did show a play where McCloud made a nice play and pointed it out, but I could be wrong.

I totally agree we attacked well in the passing game outside of the frequency of back-shoulder throws, and even that got them to adjust their zones to protect against them and we picked up a nine yard gain because of it on an important drive in the game. I'd have even liked to take more of the bubbles. That is really hard to guard against when we block well on the edge and they play us so soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I love most about these threads is the last 3rd down run with Homer. In the stands, and on TV, we see a running play stuffed for no gain, but what you showed is a play one blown assignment away from potentially a TD. Changes the perspective quite a lot.

Then you are spot on in your assessment. I don't do every single play (some are straightforward).

I have absolutely no agenda. I go through the plays as they occur on my playbook. I write as I go and often times I'll see a coverage and expect a certain route but that's not what we do. Richt knows a lot more than I do about football so I'm not trying to portray anything different.

My memory is probably hazy, but I thought I did show a play where McCloud made a nice play and pointed it out, but I could be wrong.

I totally agree we attacked well in the passing game outside of the frequency of back-shoulder throws, and even that got them to adjust their zones to protect against them and we picked up a nine yard gain because of it on an important drive in the game. I'd have even liked to take more of the bubbles. That is really hard to guard against when we block well on the edge and they play us so soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the past 2 games, I've repeatedly yelled things I never thought I would:

1. "DON'T BLITZ" (FSU) - I traditionally love the blitz and want us to err on the side of aggression.
2. "THROW THE BUBBLE" (GT) - Not a huge fan of the bubble, but GT was giving it up via sheer alignment.

Makes sense considering this season is bizarro world so far.

Advertisement
Back