Film Review of GT Game

Why the **** did GT have their Nickle 10 yards off of our #2 receiver? SMH

Somebody gets paid a lot of money to make that decision.

We should've started the game off throwing bubble after bubble.

Ted Roof and he has been coaching for 100 years....so its safe to say that they have a secondary that Kacy Rodgers would start on. Their secondary blows and they figured if they moved em up it would be all she wrote going deep...which it would have been.

Advertisement
tenor.gif

This made me laugh...a good response my friend.

The bubble thing is interesting. It was there a lot early in the game, but we didn't feast on it until that last drive (thankfully, it turns out).

But looking forward to Syracuse, I wonder if we look to the bubble early and often if it's there. First, it may have jumped out to the staff/players reviewing GT film like it did in OP's review. Second, Richt has been talking this week about getting Rosier in rhythm early and taking easy/shorter/quicker throws to that end. And if I'm Syracuse, I'm looking out for it and maybe trying to set us up and jump a bubble early on.

The other thing I'm left wondering is why we weren't taking the early bubbles when they're obvious "easy money"? Is that Rosier not seeing it or thinking we have a better option? Is that Richt? Not sure if that should concern me but it certainly makes me wonder.

Great work! I agree that Langham has to play more, love the idea of him 8 and 82 on the field at once with 23 and 24.

Advertisement
I still think we need to hit Herndon more in the offense....

He needs 5 targets a game atleast. He hasnt played ANY hback this year...I would line him up in the backfield more. Also in the backfieldd with Choc AND Homer...to where we can throw those two the ball some more as they are Good pass catchers. To be honest this offense should put more stress on dcoordinators. As you can see the FEAR ..Ted Roof had..which allowed us to cherry pic them to death. And this is WITHOUT Richards...these coordinators are afraid of Berrios. lol

Richt on O in my opinion has been avg. It may be some him...and some protecting Rosier...but LET IT RIP buddy..being scared cost us to lose 4 games last year while he tried to figure it out. Cuse is gonna be hyped for this game and has better athletes on d than ga tech.

He needs 5 targets a game atleast. He hasnt played ANY hback this year...I would line him up in the backfield more. Also in the backfieldd with Choc AND Homer...to where we can throw those two the ball some more as they are Good pass catchers. To be honest this offense should put more stress on dcoordinators. As you can see the FEAR ..Ted Roof had..which allowed us to cherry pic them to death. And this is WITHOUT Richards...these coordinators are afraid of Berrios. lol

Richt on O in my opinion has been avg. It may be some him...and some protecting Rosier...but LET IT RIP buddy..being scared cost us to lose 4 games last year while he tried to figure it out. Cuse is gonna be hyped for this game and has better athletes on d than ga tech.

Herndon was targeted 7 times and caught 5 balls.

like 3 bubbles on that last drive. Hes way more of a weapon than that...those 5 catches should be the norm imo. He's avg like 8yds a catch. Im expecting to see more moving forward though...Richt sees what we has with him. This is around the time he started blessing NJoku

Advertisement
My interpretation of the chop block was it was called because the blocker was facing where the ball was originally snapped

like 3 bubbles on that last drive. Hes way more of a weapon than that...those 5 catches should be the norm imo. He's avg like 8yds a catch. Im expecting to see more moving forward though...Richt sees what we has with him. This is around the time he started blessing NJoku

some people can read off a stat sheet. Others can actually see whats happening in a game...

Why the **** did GT have their Nickle 10 yards off of our #2 receiver? SMH

Somebody gets paid a lot of money to make that decision.

We should've started the game off throwing bubble after bubble.

I'd imagine if we started the game throwing bubble after bubble, it would not have been available in the 4Q.

So don't take the easy bubbles because you want them to be there later?
Orrrrr ram them up their *** from the opening drive until they adjust and then go up top on them for a big play?

Most spread offenses attach bubbles to running plays. (2 plays in 1) This puts the defense in conflict and also helps draw a run defender out of the box.

If you have leverage on the outside then you throw bubble for an easy 7+ yard gain.
If they walk a guy out there to defend bubble then you hand the ball off. (RPO)

It's hard to defend both unless you play single-high coverage (which everybody is scared to play against the spread) or your 6 box defenders are simply better than the offensive line.

We ran the ball pretty well so there's nothing to complain about but I think we should have used more bubbles earlier in the game to supplement our running game. They were giving it to us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Most spread offenses attach bubbles to running plays. (2 plays in 1) This puts the defense in conflict and also helps draw a run defender out of the box.

If you have leverage on the outside then you throw bubble for an easy 7+ yard gain.
If they walk a guy out there to defend bubble then you hand the ball off. (RPO)

It's hard to defend both unless you play single-high coverage (which everybody is scared to play against the spread) or your 6 box defenders are simply better than the offensive line.

We ran the ball pretty well so there's nothing to complain about but I think we should have used more bubbles earlier in the game to supplement our running game. They were giving it to us.

if you were in the GAMEDAY thread you wouldve saw me screaming for them from the 1st quarter...since they were there..**** they were also there all game against FSU. Teams seem to be scared sh*tless of us going deep and are giving it to us.

some people can read off a stat sheet. Others can actually see whats happening in a game...

i watch every game twice at a minimum. And i watch the game like i watch film...meaning im reinding about every other play 3-5 times. I jus dont make a detail post like Hurricane Vision..but i basically does what he does with all of our games.Its interesting to watch the game freely and see stuff..then break down the film and see what was there, etc. Theres some plays that will be there i believe the rest of the way....that 10-15 yd out should be there for Harley he has been threatening guys deep...he and Thomas should have that. Slants to Langham or Cager. Richards coming back should put alot of pressure on the secondary as well. Richt should be wide open on offense the rest of the way in that spread look..i wanna see my man Herndon in the backfield some as well in two te sets with Irvin.

i watch every game twice at a minimum. And i watch the game like i watch film...meaning im reinding about every other play 3-5 times. I jus dont make a detail post like Hurricane Vision..but i basically does what he does with all of our games.Its interesting to watch the game freely and see stuff..then break down the film and see what was there, etc. Theres some plays that will be there i believe the rest of the way....that 10-15 yd out should be there for Harley he has been threatening guys deep...he and Thomas should have that. Slants to Langham or Cager. Richards coming back should put alot of pressure on the secondary as well. Richt should be wide open on offense the rest of the way in that spread look..i wanna see my man Herndon in the backfield some as well in two te sets with Irvin.

Herndon is so underused its sickening. I mean, Njoku had all of 43 catches last year in 13 games(and I realize he had some drops) but he was woefully underused. But going back to last week, Herndon was basically ignored for about 50 minutes of the game - and this is a future NFL'er.

I also think we need to go uptempo more, Rosier is pretty good at that and it gets our whole offense going. Regardless, we need to get more first downs in general early in games, the D has been on the field forever in the first half of the last two games

Advertisement

This was in a long review I did earlier (first time Richard was set to come back). It's even more important now that Langham has developed into a threat recognized by the defense. The intermediate routes and in-breaking routes should really be there. You can run 3x1 with Richards or Langham at SE. You can run 2X2 wth Richards/Berrios and Langham/Herndon. You can do a lot of stuff I'm looking forward to watching. Of course, Malik will need to be accurate in the middle of the field more consistently, but at least he's shown he can make the throws (ins to Berrios and Langham over the last couple games).

Advertisement
Back