Fields disses Martell a year later? Twitter thinks so.

Advertisement
Why hate on Tate?

dude transferred in to compete for the job... lost to two dudes and was 3rd string. I could give a flying fugggg what the 3rd string QB does I’m sure they all do the same.. quit.. come back... spend most of their time jist partying and telling chicks their a QB for a D1 football team

only thing noteworthy is he is smashing an absolute dime piece

some dudes need to stop hating on folks who’ve never done anything to give expectations... JT4 showed us he could be a dynamic dude and proceeded to quit and be a prima Donna... JW15 is another... **** even Nephew was annoying and seems to have landed nowhere

Here I am on a Miami Hurricanes board, reading through a thread of “fans” crucifying a Miami Hurricanes player. What’s funniest is all the posters beating their chest, as if they are happy that Tate didn’t do anything last season.

It’s one thing if you’re criticizing his play on the field, but most of y’all just clearly have a bone to pick with him. It’s creepy to say the least. And now the go to is that he quit on the team, but these same posters were anti Tate well before that.

I support all Canes equally so I hope he finds a way to contribute, whether at QB or WR. If he doesn’t, so be it but I’m not going to be 1 of you weirdos that get off on it.

And LMAO at posters somehow turning this into an indictment of Manny. You all must be kin to Stretch Armstrong with that reach.

Advertisement
Here I am on a Miami Hurricanes board, reading through a thread of “fans” crucifying a Miami Hurricanes player. What’s funniest is all the posters beating their chest, as if they are happy that Tate didn’t do anything last season.

It’s one thing if you’re criticizing his play on the field, but most of y’all just clearly have a bone to pick with him. It’s creepy to say the least. And now the go to is that he quit on the team, but these same posters were anti Tate well before that.

I support all Canes equally so I hope he finds a way to contribute, whether at QB or WR. If he doesn’t, so be it but I’m not going to be 1 of you weirdos that get off on it.

And LMAO at posters somehow turning this into an indictment of Manny. You all must be kin to Stretch Armstrong with that reach.

Curious, did you complain when fans were "crucifying" Williams & Perry?

They’re doing it again this year. I was talking to somebody very close to the program last year and we kept saying “ there’s no way they roll out Zion and Campbell at tackle. Scaife has to play at one”. Well fast forward to this spring and I received a message “ they’re still forcing scaife into that guard spot. They haven’t learned”.
Scaife upside is at guard but last year he should’ve been at one of the tackle spots. Definitely agree. Zion had no busines playing..but look no further than 55..Donaldson should at the this point be manning the RT spot..he is the issue. His lack of development physically. If 55 was right imo these aren’t questions last year

Advertisement
Bruh, this is a teammate who's been a massive disappointment himself. lol. I mean first of all, clearly we still have a culture problem here. For a teammate to go on to another player's page and not only agree, but respond w/ a bull's eye emoji is foul af. BUT, my ninja......u ain't in no position to call out anyone when u can barely get on the field; and when you do, opponents pin their ears back to feast.
Amen, and amen.

Tate ain’t about that life. It’s fine, bro. Let him second string and slay cocha.

Advertisement
Tate actually did quit the team multiple times last year, he took an "extended leave of absence" in the middle of the season because he simply just stopped going to practice for **** near a whole month.

And he definitely doesn't get more hate than JT4 from our fans, he gets hate from outside fans on Twitter, but most Canes fans don't hate Tate at all, in fact he's probably one of the most defended players on the team on this board.

The reason he gets heat on Twitter is because Barstool sports made him a meme after he talked big shìt on Twitter once Fields transferred into Oh St & then he transferred out lost his QB competition.

Tate brought a lot of it on himself because he used talk a lot on Twitter & people would clown on him because if it.

Trust me bro, it's not Canes fans that get on Tate, it's other college football fans that just like to get at him because he used to be like a mini Manziel on social media before being humbled last year.

I don't have a problem with him, but I used have to a lot of arguments with people on here who swore that Tate was the Messiah lol. A lot delusional people felt that because he had a good game in mop up duty vs Rutgers at Oh St that he would kill it here, but now that that's been proven otherwise & it's just tumble weeds lol.

He was even struggling the first week of Spring camp before everything was shutdown, maybe he could play somewhere eventually, but a lot of people within the fan base have still yet to come to terms that he simply just doesn't have the arm talent to play QB here.

Nobody wants to see him playing now, with King in the picture. Some wanted to see him given a chance last year because our other 2 qbs were trash.

Other teams fans are supposed to rip our players, it’s pretty disgraceful when our own fans or a teammate do. I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a canes player as much as you seem to dislike Tate martell. Its disgusting to see it on a canes board

Some wanted to see him given a chance last year because our other 2 qbs were trash.

He was "given a chance" all Spring & Summer of last year, and with the exception of the Spring Game, He sucked.

And let's not act like the fans not being very fond of Tate is the reason He sucked, no, He just sucked, on His own.

If you Tailor a system to fit Tate’s strengths, get the ball out quick to playmakers, let him use his legs etc he can definitely be effective. Kids not a scrub imo as he’s made out to be. But what u can’t do is give him 1drive behind the 2019 offensive line coupled with a offense that wasn’t in sync at a all and except him to just light it up
I'll put it like this, if I'm an offensive lineman and Tate's allowed to take a leave and than he gets burn in the last game
So does he house it or get decleated.

Advertisement
I'll put it like this, if I'm an offensive lineman and Tate's allowed to take a leave and than he gets burn in the last game

So does he house it or get decleated.
Lol. This is the full clip we got here:

80C92F43-57F0-40FE-8372-94229F29DE2A.gif

Nobody wants to see him playing now, with King in the picture. Some wanted to see him given a chance last year because our other 2 qbs were trash.

Other teams fans are supposed to rip our players, it’s pretty disgraceful when our own fans or a teammate do. I don’t think I’ve ever disliked a canes player as much as you seem to dislike Tate martell. Its disgusting to see it on a canes board
You're either hypersensitive or just didn't read my comment.

I. Said. I. Don't. Have. A. Problem. With. Tate. I've never said I disliked Tate at all, I simply call a spade a spade.

Don't be so melodramatic.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back