Fields disses Martell a year later? Twitter thinks so.

Advertisement
Tate had just as large a fan following as he might've had haters.

Bump the old threads, you'll see a large contingency of people hyping him big time.

I never hated Tate, I gave him a chance the same as I did for Jarren & Kosi, but once it became clear he's simply not good enough to play QB here there was nothing left to discuss.

There were still lots of people high on Tate, he absolutely had a cult like following on here, it only came to a crashing halt once he finally got on the field vs La Tech.

But it's being painted as though he never had chance from the day he stepped on campus due to the fans hating on him & that's just not true, he was a kid a lot of people were delusionally high on.

Man, if you even suggested Tate wasn't going to win the job, you were a Tate basher.

There were all kinds of excuses for why he ran out of Columbus. I still remember saying myself, nobody has to tell you to split, you've got Fields coming in and there's only a handful of colleges in the country where you as QB had a chance of beating him out.

Anyhow, no hate for Tate here. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't hit the road again, can't fault him if he does, but maybe his QB dream is done.

the only reason tate has that chick is cuz his family is rich

Meh...I don't think his family is that wealthy

Fair play by Fields.

Tate needs to move to WR immediately. He’s wasting time at QB and has an opportunity at WR if he commits to it.

Been tooting this horn since he moved to WR before the fLoRiDuUuH game. Kid isn't built to be a QB. He should've been recruited as an "athlete" coming out of HS.

FWIW, his father is kind of a d*ck, which may explain Tate's overall persona.

Tebow was a monster that beat on people like a full back for four quarters. Which opened up very easy throws, he also had an all time loaded offense and ol. He’s no Tebow, even though Tebow was a meh passer. He’s still more accurate than Tate.
Bro..Tebow can’t throw. I’m not even talking about the NFL. I was saying this when he was in college..I’m only talking about throwing the football. He was as accurate as Malik rosier. In college he played in a very friendly/easy read offense to help his deficiencies with elite talent all around him. He, too his credit went to correct situation at UF and the rest was history

Advertisement
I am so ******* disappointed in you mother****ers.

A ******* buckeye tweets shade at a CANE player and not ONE reply at the ******* buckeye?

WHAT THE ***C IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!

Like him or not Tate Martell is a CANE!

Justin Fields is a ******* buckeye you ********!!

We should all be flooding the interwebs with hate for that ************!

Instead we in here debating who's worse, Campbell or Tate?

Fucckallyall!!

Advertisement
Moreover, I don't want a QB who isn't confident verging on ****y.

I promise, Dorsey may have been our most humble winning QB in program history, and even he was more confident than people know...probably based on the all world squad around him. Kelly, Testy, Erickson, Mira, Walsh, Kosar, Toretta, etc etc....all had a chip...and I loved it.

****, Berlin had it. Many of our fans hated him too for some reason. I loved the guy. He didn't "fit" our system either.....but wore being a Cane on his sleeve and took it out on the Turds. Took balls for him, in the same way...to go to an under center system growing up at Evangel in shotgun.

UM

Over confidence when you suck is not confidence.

it’s arrogance

Big difference

Bro..Tebow can’t throw. I’m not even talking about the NFL. I was saying this when he was in college..I’m only talking about throwing the football. He was as accurate as Malik rosier. In college he played in a very friendly/easy read offense to help his deficiencies with elite talent all around him. He, too his credit went to correct situation at UF and the rest was history
Exactly. In the proper system, a dude with terrible mechanics and poor accuracy can still win the Heisman. Urban’s offense was tailored for a guy like Tebow. Big, run first QB who doesn’t shy from contact and can complete a shovel pass every now and again. Tebow would have looked like *** in a pro passing system like Enos’. That’s why it was a huge mistake for Martell to come to Miami instead of a school running a wide open spread system that incorporates lots of designed QB runs.

I am so ******* disappointed in you mother****ers.

A ******* buckeye tweets shade at a CANE player and not ONE reply at the ******* buckeye?

WHAT THE ***C IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!

Like him or not Tate Martell is a CANE!

Justin Fields is a ******* buckeye you ********!!

We should all be flooding the interwebs with hate for that ************!

Instead we in here debating who's worse, Campbell or Tate?

Fucckallyall!!
Go ahead and @ em big boi

Advertisement
2D4A3E00-5CFF-4DFF-AE90-31108559FDD4.jpeg

Advertisement
That's me, I never got it.

I had a feeling he wouldn't fit our system, though now he may fit better than before.....but the kid could have easily gone to TCU or Baylor or any other spread type deal with less emphasis on a pocket passer...but chose to come down here. Lack of work ethic? Rich kid wanting to live in SFLA? Maybe...but I doubt he came down here thinking about partying over football. It may have ended up that way, but I don't think that was his motivation at first. Big name program with Brevin & Bolden here...why not.

I guess the way he went about the transfer (like Fields and others) caused people to hate that he "quit" his team...or he comes from some money (not like Johnny football)..or he's white?!?! Who TF knows.

Whatever, I support him....like I do any Cane

Man. People hate him for the unlived hype.

When people fight and argue about your potential and you dont deliver. Hate is on the way.

On the flip side those that believed in his competition more than him will hate him because of all the nut hugging from fans.

This happens all of the time

Advertisement
Back